PDA

View Full Version : .co = fail

IdnHost
3rd March 2012, 02:26 PM
Patrick Byrne told financial analysts yesterday that “O.co was my bad call” and that “about eight out of 13 people who were trying to visit us through O.co, eight were typing O.com”

link: http://domainincite.com/o-co-loses-61-of-its-traffic-to-o-com/

Drewbert
4th March 2012, 06:28 AM
o.co an abject failure?

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Oooo, I wet 'em.

Rubber Duck
4th March 2012, 07:51 AM
Another failed extension where Rick has led his troops.

Rubber Duck
4th March 2012, 07:56 AM
Patrick Byrne told financial analysts yesterday that “O.co was my bad call” and that “about eight out of 13 people who were trying to visit us through O.co, eight were typing O.com”

link: http://domainincite.com/o-co-loses-61-of-its-traffic-to-o-com/

Actually probably worse than that. I guess most of those that get it right are via coming indirectly, i.e. through Search or Adwords.

IdnHost
4th March 2012, 08:53 AM
Actually probably worse than that. I guess most of those that get it right are via coming indirectly, i.e. through Search or Adwords.

I wouldn't be surprised.

bwhhisc
4th March 2012, 02:37 PM
Another failed extension where Rick has led his troops.

I think he speculated initially...but changed his mind end of last year and since has been pretty vocal about it.

http://ricksblog.com/

sarcle
4th March 2012, 03:16 PM
I think he speculated initially...but changed his mind end of last year and since has been pretty vocal about it.

Too little too late.

I can't seem to find the blog post. But it went something like, "Every domainer now has an opportunity to equal the playing field." This was regarding .co. Can't really be arsed to look further as I don't really care what this gasbag exhales.

.co was promoted and sold via Traffic auctions, same with .mobi. I see Rick has now bought a few .xxx domains in the low to mid xx.xxx range. Cant wait until we see .xxx on the next traffic auction.

He has completely wrote off IDN and denounced them to the domaining community. The guy is a one hit wonder. He has no clue, no vision. Just the ability to dump a quarter million in .co domains only to drop the large majority of them after he's proven wrong, again. He isn't going to weasel his way into saying, "see I told people to invest in IDN," when .IDN become reality. That isn't happening.

I just feel sorry for those that listen to him and actually believe this clown.

Then we are called haters just for pointing out "facts."

mulligan
4th March 2012, 06:23 PM
clowm

:)

sbe18
4th March 2012, 11:04 PM
About 100+ men and a few women made millions from direct navigation and CPC.
Probably the same made millions selling names to end users and the aftermarkets.

Domainers with xx,xxx to xxx,xxx number of domains, are dropping xx% of their names that do not cover re-reg costs.
the 1% they are developing into real businesses will be business sales not name sales.

Google is screwing Facebook and Twitter and MS and Apple as best they can inside Search.

Screwing domainers and Parking companies is fodder.

Traffic revenue valuations with CPC multiples as the number one reason to hold and
as the basis for negotiation vanished in 2007 / 2008 for ASCII.

At least RS created a domainers tradeshow that worked for dozens of ASCII investors at the height of CPC.

re: dot CO, dot mobi, dot XXX .....he lost....but he lost openly.

Dynadot IDN drops show losses silently .

s/e