PDA

View Full Version : Russian idn.com got a 450k usd offer?

26th March 2012, 01:50 PM
Came across this, if i understand it correctly it is a domenforum member that has tried to buy something from Bruce C and the reply he got via email is:

"Thanks for your offer. The IDN.com market is changing quickly. I recently received Sedo offers as high as $450,000 for a Russian IDN.com. Moscow.com in Cyrillic (xn--80adxhks.com) sold a few years ago for >$200,000. Another Russian IDN.com owner is getting offers as high as $400,000. Soon any IDN.com owner will have rights to the new ICANN approved Verisign .com in Cyrillic IDN.IDN gTLD (.xn--j1aef)."

http://domenforum.net/showpost.php?p=1045362&postcount=88

IdnHost
26th March 2012, 02:02 PM
could be just a publicity post. just to get the message out and hope people stumble upon it and say wow! really? hense the conversation is only 2 posts, to the point.

*although i wish he is saying the truth about the 450,000$ idn offer at sedo.

Regardless, when i read this i want to put on my party hat and do the macarena dance.

bumblebee man
26th March 2012, 02:05 PM
Seems to be his standard reply. Got the same message when I was bidding for one of his names on Sedo. You probably won't find anyone confirming or denying this. Is he a member of this forum?

alpha
26th March 2012, 02:51 PM
Seems to be his standard reply. Got the same message when I was bidding for one of his names on Sedo. You probably won't find anyone confirming or denying this. Is he a member of this forum?

Bruce C? the guys a ghost

monkmonkey
26th March 2012, 03:34 PM
I've talked to Bruce on the phone a couple times. He's a nice guy, but when it comes to him claiming offers, he's a BSer. If I had his portfolio I would do the same thing. More hype the better.

TrafficDomainer
26th March 2012, 03:42 PM
I have exchanged a few emails with him in the past on a few names. Bruce appears to be a player and a time waster. When I thought we were closing deals, he kept dragging and asked for favours to help confirm translations and the best versions of different words and then just vanished.

Jay
26th March 2012, 04:53 PM
"Thanks for your offer. The IDN.com market is changing quickly. I recently received Sedo offers as high as $450,000 for a Russian IDN.com. Moscow.com in Cyrillic (xn--80adxhks.com) sold a few years ago for >$200,000. Another Russian IDN.com owner is getting offers as high as $400,000. Soon any IDN.com owner will have rights to the new ICANN approved Verisign .com in Cyrillic IDN.IDN gTLD (.xn--j1aef)."[/url]

This is his standard reply to anyone who makes an offer through Sedo, along with an excessive counter-offer for his own domains that makes Moscow.com at $200K look like a bargain!

blastfromthepast
26th March 2012, 07:00 PM
Nice guy.

Rubber Duck
26th March 2012, 07:44 PM
Optimist is a term used by pessimistS to describe realist.

Drewbert
26th March 2012, 08:36 PM
that makes Moscow.com at $200K look like a bargain!

It was!

Jay
27th March 2012, 03:06 AM
It was!

I knew someone would say that. Bad example.

squirrel
27th March 2012, 03:26 AM
Bad example.

why ?

Jay
27th March 2012, 08:08 AM
why ?

Because some believe that the value of Москва.com is much higher and was already a bargain. Also, $200k is pocket money for Drewbert.

blastfromthepast
27th March 2012, 04:19 PM
Take a look at some of the garbage you can buy with a million dollars, and you'll understand why that domain was a deal: http://fmlistings.tumblr.com/

DktoInc
27th March 2012, 08:21 PM
Take a look at some of the garbage you can buy with a million dollars, and you'll understand why that domain was a deal: http://fmlistings.tumblr.com/

Here in Toronto it is about the land and it's location not what's on it. I can go and buy a 100 year old house that will fall apart tomorrow for a million $, but the land is worth at least 800k, we have had the realestate boom for the past 10 years, prices are soaring every quatter. You purchase a condo downtown, by the time it is build you don't even need to move in, just sell it and make easy 30k-50k on it. Good profit for 1 year of wait.

Emil
27th March 2012, 08:23 PM
does anyone here actually think that at this point in the process and with all the information we know at this stage there is any single IDN in Russian that can command 450k usd price tag?

Kent99
27th March 2012, 08:33 PM
does anyone here actually think that at this point in the process and with all the information we know at this stage there is any single IDN in Russian that can command 450k usd price tag?

Yes

Emil
27th March 2012, 08:38 PM
interesting...what's your explanation i guess then as to why we havent seen that type of transactions?

squirrel
27th March 2012, 09:25 PM
interesting...what's your explanation i guess then as to why we havent seen that type of transactions?

are you assuming that none have occurred or that none have been reported ?

Emil
27th March 2012, 09:37 PM
well...I am assuming none have occured, but boy do i want to be wrong on that assumption.

but regardless whether they did or didnt, i am curious if anyone thinks why any IDN at this point should be valued that high given that traffic as high as can be, most likely is going to be a fraction of what similarly valued english domains would have.

Kent99
27th March 2012, 09:38 PM
Large corporate purchasers will almost always have NDA's. They are already having enough trouble with obtaining the domains they want, they don't need to exacerbate the situation by publicizing their purchases. If there have been such transactions, none of the sellers will be participating in this thread.

DktoInc
28th March 2012, 12:59 AM
but regardless whether they did or didnt, i am curious if anyone thinks why any IDN at this point should be valued that high given that traffic as high as can be, most likely is going to be a fraction of what similarly valued english domains would have.

depends on the # of language speakers, internet penetration, type in trend...and a few other, China or India at full capability can probably squash most English domains on a bad day.

Wot
28th March 2012, 02:27 AM
Anybody that can turn down $450K for an IDN is a far better man than I.

Best I have had and turned down was $449K for an IDN.cn!

Jay
28th March 2012, 01:11 PM
Anybody that can turn down $450K for an IDN is a far better man than I.

Best I have had and turned down was $449K for an IDN.cn!

Huh?

IdnHost
28th March 2012, 02:51 PM
Huh?

im not 100% sure, but i think it was a sarcastic joke.

Ryu
28th March 2012, 03:16 PM
im not 100% sure, but i think it was a sarcastic joke.

Maybe Wot meant $449 instead of $449K? :p

Wot
30th March 2012, 09:05 AM
Maybe Wot meant $449 instead of $449K? :p

Put it this way,how many of us would turn down $450K for any name in their portfolio no matter how good it is perceived to be?

Clotho
30th March 2012, 04:15 PM
Put it this way,how many of us would turn down $450K for any name in their portfolio no matter how good it is perceived to be?

I have some that I won't let go at that price.

I have a couple that I won't let go at any price.

blastfromthepast
30th March 2012, 07:21 PM
Expect more.

Wot
31st March 2012, 12:17 AM
I have some that I won't let go at that price.

I have a couple that I won't let go at any price.

Not many others I will bet.You have my admiration particularly when there are so few sales of any merit and a premium Russian goes for less that mid $xxxx.Guess I am just an old cynic,or maybe a realist?

I guess you have plenty of folding to keep you going,I on the other hand I have not,nor perhaps the time to wait for the coming of the real beginning of IDN whenever that may be.

squirrel
31st March 2012, 02:59 AM
Not many others I will bet.You have my admiration particularly when there are so few sales of any merit and a premium Russian goes for less that mid $xxxx.Guess I am just an old cynic,or maybe a realist?

I guess you have plenty of folding to keep you going,I on the other hand I have not,nor perhaps the time to wait for the coming of the real beginning of IDN whenever that may be.

Wot, you want to be bought out ?

Wot
31st March 2012, 05:07 AM
Wot, you want to be bought out ?

$449K :p

squirrel
31st March 2012, 05:42 AM
$449K :p

tempting

Wot
31st March 2012, 06:05 AM
tempting

But seriously.I may actually consider doing something drastic to raise a few bucks reduce my liabilities etc as I would prefer to have cash in hand sooner than later to enjoy a few things whilst still capable! :) Quite aged you know.

Only problem is that the prices currently available for portfolios and individual names are so low it's probably not practical.

sarcle
31st March 2012, 02:58 PM
but regardless whether they did or didnt, i am curious if anyone thinks why any IDN at this point should be valued that high given that traffic as high as can be

How do you figure traffic is "as high as can be." The IDN market is next to nil when it comes to end users. .IDN and email should change this.

most likely is going to be a fraction of what similarly valued english domains would have.

Why would an IDN domain with 100k GAKT exact get a fraction of traffic and price of a similar 100k english domain in the long run, after .IDN and email? Again, I'm just curious how you're coming to these conclusions.

Edit: How much is a 100k exact ascii domain going for these days?

idn
31st March 2012, 03:22 PM
But seriously.I may actually consider doing something drastic to raise a few bucks reduce my liabilities etc as I would prefer to have cash in hand sooner than later to enjoy a few things whilst still capable! :) Quite aged you know.

Only problem is that the prices currently available for portfolios and individual names are so low it's probably not practical.

I believe you said your 66? That's young! You may live to be 106! There is no reason to be pessimistic at this point. Don't do anything foolish. You've made some nice money in other segments of the domain industry and you will here too. It is closer than you believe. I promise ;)

sarcle
31st March 2012, 04:13 PM

You act like you are going to die tomorrow. It's less than a year now... You have that in you don't you? ;)

The way I look at it, if I had put this money in a 10 year CD at a bank I'd still be waiting for it to mature for another 3 years and I wouldn't have made near the "interest" on my money as I have on my IDN in parking.

I really don't know of anything I can put $8 dollars in to make $100 dollars a month back on my money by not doing anything. Sure they don't all make that kind of money but even at .90 cents a month they more than pay for themselves.

Edit: That $100 dollars a month was half that a year ago. Which is also why you won't see me selling for any type of "yearly multiple" whether 4 or 20 years without figuring the value of the name itself. The game hasn't even started for IDN, it's just getting warmed up.

TrafficDomainer
31st March 2012, 05:09 PM

I suggest you try waiting a little longer, we are almost there. If, however, you really can't wait, feel free to send me your portfolio and we can discuss a possible buyout.

Wot
1st April 2012, 05:38 AM
You act like you are going to die tomorrow. It's less than a year now... You have that in you don't you?

The way I look at it, if I had put this money in a 10 year CD at a bank I'd still be waiting for it to mature for another 3 years and I wouldn't have made near the "interest" on my money as I have on my IDN in parking.

I really don't know of anything I can put $8 dollars in to make $100 dollars a month back on my money by not doing anything. Sure they don't all make that kind of money but even at .90 cents a month they more than pay for themselves.

Edit: That $100 dollars a month was half that a year ago. Which is also why you won't see me selling for any type of "yearly multiple" whether 4 or 20 years without figuring the value of the name itself. The game hasn't even started for IDN, it's just getting warmed up.

I have had 2 very life threatening problems in the last few years and having seen a number of my peers pass on it has to be a concern,but I survived (Q a song?)

That said,I live life to the full and enjoy my days very much. I could do even more with extra folding in the back pocket. I have made a lot of dollars with ASCII and hopefully a few more to come with IDN- maybe. :)

But of necessity my timescale is likely substantially less than most here and for me sales will be of more interest than parking income.

But yes, whomever willing, I sincerely hope I have somewhat more than 1 year in me! :D

Jay
6th April 2012, 04:38 PM
While the rest of us are only interested in making money, (Rev?) Bruce C is trying to make the world a better place:

Thanks for your offer [of $300 on гей.com]. This domain is only for sale for supporting the gender-inclusive diversity of one man one woman in marriage and helping gay folks get free from their gender-exlusive 'love'. The IDN.com market is changing rapidly. I recently received Sedo offers as high as $450,000 USD for a Russian IDN.com. Moscow.com in Cyrillic (xn--80adxhks.com) sold a few years ago for >$200,000 USD. Another Russian IDN.com owner is getting offers as high as $400,000 USD. Soon any IDN.com owner will likely have rights to any the new ICANN approved Verisign .com in Cyrillic IDN.IDN gTLD (.xn--j1aef), Chinese, etc.

Bruce's counter offer: $1,000,000.

squirrel
6th April 2012, 05:15 PM
wow, did I read that right

bumblebee man
6th April 2012, 07:16 PM
I think he is taking the piss.

Jay
7th April 2012, 07:59 AM

You'd hope so.

Rubber Duck
7th April 2012, 10:34 AM

Who is taking the piss?

If you ask a silly question, then you must expect an equally silly answer!

bumblebee man
7th April 2012, 12:30 PM
Who is taking the piss?

If you ask a silly question, then you must expect an equally silly answer!

I totally agree that offering 300 bucks for гей.com was pretty close to taking the piss as well if that's what you mean.

Bruce does encourage those lowball offers though by setting very low initial asking prices on Sedo. As said earlier he seems to like wasting (his and other people's) time.

7th April 2012, 12:45 PM
I believe it was Bruce C that sold рф.com for 60k.

Some IDN's are worth millions more then one million imo but each calculates things differently. Soon we will all know finally (22 More days to Reveal day).

Jay
7th April 2012, 02:03 PM
Bruce does encourage those lowball offers though by setting very low initial asking prices on Sedo. As said earlier he seems to like wasting (his and other people's) time.

Yeah his minimum offer is set at $300, so may as well start with that. You never know, he could be drunk when he receives the offer or just hits 'accept' by mistake.

tee1
7th April 2012, 03:52 PM
I totally agree that offering 300 bucks for гей.com was pretty close to taking the piss as well if that's what you mean.

absolutely on taking a piss on a $300 offer, the .org would probably cost at least 3k