Wot
27th March 2012, 10:40 AM
http://monikerblog.com/?p=535

IdnHost
27th March 2012, 03:42 PM
what else is new :)

Kent99
27th March 2012, 06:03 PM
More dubious auctions, Sedo or otherwise, are on the way if recent hand reg's at Dynadot are any indication. These ones look like perfect ASCII.

blastfromthepast
27th March 2012, 06:17 PM
Sour grapes? A lot of IDNers went for the real deal and missed the boat on these look-alikes.

Steve Clarke
27th March 2012, 06:19 PM
Heres some more, from a thread at Namepros, apparently on auction at Sedo

http://www.namepros.com/idn-domains-for-sale/751684-some-good-idns-for-sale.html

blackpower
27th March 2012, 07:36 PM
vanity domains?

blastfromthepast
27th March 2012, 07:47 PM
Most of the good ones are already taken.

Kent99
27th March 2012, 10:06 PM
The ones I saw were all ASCII, with the exception of a "g" that was taken from some other script.

squirrel
28th March 2012, 12:38 AM
Sour grapes? A lot of IDNers went for the real deal and missed the boat on these look-alikes.

LOL

IdnHost
28th March 2012, 01:04 AM
Sedo's slogan should read "Its not what it looks like" lol

clipper
29th March 2012, 07:58 AM
"... I’m new to buying websites..."

Typical. More money than smarts.

Does Sedo actually carry through with "binding" offers? I accepted one today for an ASCII, let's see how it goes.

blackpower
29th March 2012, 03:34 PM
In some cases creativity may pay off and it's perefectly acceptable imo. Creating names withing one script may be interesting For example I registered jô.com few days ago (this one probably dropped somehow as I looked up this domain years ago and it was taken) Jô is popular portuguese short for João (John). So, I also registered jôker.com :) probably waste but we'll see. Anyway, this script mixing is obviously designed to mislead

Wot
29th March 2012, 10:59 PM
In some cases creativity may pay off and it's perefectly acceptable imo. Creating names withing one script may be interesting For example I registered jô.com few days ago (this one probably dropped somehow as I looked up this domain years ago and it was taken) Jô is popular portuguese short for João (John). So, I also registered jôker.com :) probably waste but we'll see. Anyway, this script mixing is obviously designed to mislead

Designed to mislead and buyers should do due diligence but definitely a bit dodgy.

BUT -the main problem is these names registered usually a few weeks,sometimes days ago ago are set off and running on Sedo with obvious shill bids designed to pull in the newbies and at least twice now that has happened.

Even Namepros has prevented people from selling them there in some cases!