PDA

View Full Version : Largest IDN Sale on Record Comes to Light - Deal Completed in 2011 Came with $216,000

sarcle
10th April 2012, 11:15 PM
We have learned that a deal for the Internationalized Domain Name (IDN) Москва.com ("Moscow" in Russian) was completed in July 2011 when the final installment on a $216,000 purchase price was paid. That is the highest verified sale price reported to date for an IDN.

The deal was originally subject to a confidentiality agreement but Gary Males at IDNTools.com was able to persuade the seller and buyer Moshe Schneider to release details of the transaction, including the documentation we required to verify the price paid. Noted domain attorney John Berryhill was retained to handle the transaction and ensure that all terms of the sale contract were met.

With this information in hand we have added Москва.com (puny code xn--80adxhks.com) to our 2011 Top 100 Domain Sales Chart where the the domain is ranked #26 among the year's top reported sales.

Москва.com has not been developed and it looks like the current owner may not plan to do so. The domain is currently being offered for resale at Frank Schilling's DomainNameSales.com.

http://www.dnjournal.com/archive/lowdown/2012/dailyposts/20120410.htm

Nice! Congrats again guys.

alpha
10th April 2012, 11:25 PM
Old news to this community of course; but nice to legitimize it at DNJ, and also to serve up a stfu to all the doubters/haters, they'll need a new conspiracy theory now.

bumblebee man
10th April 2012, 11:25 PM
In your face, Len Igrunov.

squirrel
10th April 2012, 11:30 PM
+1 to the buyer and seller for making this public.

I like the timing as well.

has2hands
10th April 2012, 11:32 PM
This will go a long way.

We need a few more publicly announced.

Congrats to all.

bumblebee man
10th April 2012, 11:39 PM
+1 to the buyer and seller for making this public.

I like the timing as well.

Excellent, Moshe! :up:

sarcle
11th April 2012, 12:15 AM
In your face, Len Igrunov.

Thanks for making me laugh today. :lol:

mulligan
11th April 2012, 12:33 AM
Timing is everything

Ben
11th April 2012, 01:18 AM
Good publicity. :)

It's going to be exciting looking back at this post in 5 years and seeing how far things have come, I wonder what it will be worth then.

Steve Clarke
11th April 2012, 02:10 AM
Congrats to Both Buyer & Seller!

Jay
11th April 2012, 11:49 AM
On ya Moshe!

IDNer
11th April 2012, 12:00 PM
It is great!

Explorer
11th April 2012, 12:40 PM
Kudos to Alpha as well.

11th April 2012, 12:48 PM
I don't think this going official on DNJ will change anything at all.
So many clear advantages idn's offer and very few saw and see it now or can make the obvious and identical connection to ASCII domains so this can and probably is in majority viewed as a bad buy.

19 More days to Reveal day.

IdnHost
11th April 2012, 12:59 PM
I don't think this going official on DNJ will change anything at all.
So many clear advantages idn's offer and very few saw and see it now or can make the obvious and identical connection to ASCII domains so this can and probably is in majority viewed as a bad buy.

19 More days to Reveal day.

While it might not change the minds of many stubborn Ascii investors that pride on temporarily somewhat significant latin alphabet based traffic parking stats, It does bring a sign of relief to those idners who joined the game a bit late and not yet aware of this monster sale. I promise you, this DNJ post will do more good then harm.

Cheers & Congrats

idn
11th April 2012, 03:37 PM
but Gary Males at IDNTools.com was able to persuade the seller and buyer Moshe Schneider to release details of the transaction

This is my favorite part. I must have been sleeping!

Nice to see the sale "official".

alpha
11th April 2012, 03:45 PM
This is my favorite part. I must have been sleeping!

lol, well I think there may be a little poetic licence here regarding the "convincing the seller" part.. actually that was probably done a coupe of years ago when I first broke the story on my blog

sbe18
11th April 2012, 07:49 PM
congrats ...

blastfromthepast
12th April 2012, 12:02 AM
Too low.