PDA

View Full Version : Translation help please

JamesD
16th April 2012, 09:09 AM
Can anyone tell me what this means - เกาะ มัน นอก - Google translate says something like 'outside sticks to it' - I was thinking glue or selotape, but Goog images returns pictures of an island paradise, so maybe it's the name of an Island?

Any help appreciated, thanks.

Wot
16th April 2012, 11:19 AM
Mun Nork Island Rayong http://www.bestbeachthailand.com/munnork-island.html

เกาะ Island

มัน Mun/man

นอก Nôk

I think it would be written เกาะมันนอก

JamesD
16th April 2012, 12:38 PM
Thats great - thank you!

TrafficDomainer
16th April 2012, 03:32 PM
Can anyone tell me what this means - เกาะ มัน นอก - Google translate says something like 'outside sticks to it' - I was thinking glue or selotape, but Goog images returns pictures of an island paradise, so maybe it's the name of an Island?

Any help appreciated, thanks.

Wot is right and Google is wrong. Google used the literal meaning. เกาะมันนอก (Koh Mun Nork) or the Exterior Mun Island is part of the Mun Islands which also include Mun Nai Island (Interior Mun Island) and Mun Klang (Middle Mun Island). Koh Mun Nork (the one you own) is the most beautiful and natural out of all these 3 Islands. Good name, congrats! :)

BTW, it`s very nice that เกาะมันนอก.com ranks # 6 on google.co.th for the keyword ``เกาะมันนอก`` just for being a parked page. I see that you park on bodis, the template is quite nice, is this a customized template?

Also I see the site description on Google below, how did you do that given it`s a parked page? Was this a hosted real site earlier and perhaps Google hasn`t updated the description yet?

ศูนย์รวมแพ็คเกจทัวร์ท่องเที่ยว เกาะมันนอก แหล่งท่องเที่ยวยอดนิยม ในอ่าว ...
www.เกาะมันนอก.com/
เกาะมันนอก แหล่งท่องเที่ยวยอดนิยม เงียบ-สงบ-ร่มรื่น กับหาดทรายละเอียดสีขาว น้ำทะเลสีฟ้าใส สายลมพลิ้วไหวเหนือสายน้ำ เหมาะสำหรับผู้ที่ต้องการมาหาที่พักผ่อนเกาะมันนอ

Cheers!

JamesD
16th April 2012, 08:17 PM
Wot is right and Google is wrong. Google used the literal meaning. เกาะมันนอก (Koh Mun Nork) or the Exterior Mun Island is part of the Mun Islands which also include Mun Nai Island (Interior Mun Island) and Mun Klang (Middle Mun Island). Koh Mun Nork (the one you own) is the most beautiful and natural out of all these 3 Islands. Good name, congrats! :)

BTW, it`s very nice that เกาะมันนอก.com ranks # 6 on google.co.th for the keyword ``เกาะมันนอก`` just for being a parked page. I see that you park on bodis, the template is quite nice, is this a customized template?

Also I see the site description on Google below, how did you do that given it`s a parked page? Was this a hosted real site earlier and perhaps Google hasn`t updated the description yet?

ศูนย์รวมแพ็คเกจทัวร์ท่องเที่ยว เกาะมันนอก แหล่งท่องเที่ยวยอดนิยม ในอ่าว ...
www.เกาะมันนอก.com/
เกาะมันนอก แหล่งท่องเที่ยวยอดนิยม เงียบ-สงบ-ร่มรื่น กับหาดทรายละเอียดสีขาว น้ำทะเลสีฟ้าใส สายลมพลิ้วไหวเหนือสายน้ำ เหมาะสำหรับผู้ที่ต้องการมาหาที่พักผ่อนเกาะมันนอ

Cheers!

Thanks for the insight!

I only got it a couple of days ago - it must've had a site on before to have got ranked. Re the template, it's just a stock Bodis one, ('tourism' 1 click lander I think) but that said, I can't see it - checked twice today and it shows 'server not found' for me...I wanted to check it out for relevence - have contacted Bodis.

It's getting some traffic, nearly all from Google.

JamesD
23rd April 2012, 10:07 AM
What sort of value would you place on this domain?

It gets 25-33 uniques, earning $0.20 per day - nearly all traffic from Google - and is a nice pure geo.

Being new to IDNs I'd like to get an idea of how the market would value this.