View Full Version : April 30 remains uncertain and a short delay seems likely

20th April 2012, 11:51 PM
http://newgtlds.icann.org/en/announcements-and-media/announcement-20apr12-en

alpha
21st April 2012, 12:01 AM
Incompetent fuckwits

Rubber Duck
21st April 2012, 02:48 AM
Yes, in retrospect, my comments regarding not being able to organize a piss-up in brewery do seem rather over generous.:lol:

Drewbert
21st April 2012, 09:29 AM
require extensive analysis of a very large data set

How many applications have they received?

Wot
21st April 2012, 09:36 AM

More than enough to cause confusion ,disarray,sleepless nights,and potential suicides.

So guessing more than 2. :lol:

bumblebee man
21st April 2012, 10:24 AM

around 1.5k

squirrel
21st April 2012, 06:59 PM
it looks like a full week of delay minimum..

does not bode well for the digitial archery thing if they can't even handle the application process... :(

bumblebee man
21st April 2012, 08:58 PM
does not bode well for the digitial archery thing if they can't even handle the application process... :(
You seem surprised...
Posted via Mobile Device

squirrel
22nd April 2012, 03:24 PM
I am.

I'm starting to think that ICANN is badly understaffed at the moment. Kieren, Kevin and others all complained that they couldn't get a hold of someone at ICANN to discuss the application window delay, no official communication until a week after the problem was discovered, we never had a reply with respect to our At-Large application... it doesn't look good.

22nd April 2012, 06:18 PM
Delay has been confirmed, length of it has not yet been confirmed.
http://newgtlds.icann.org/en/applicants/tas/interruption-faqs

Drewbert
23rd April 2012, 02:15 AM
I.C.A.N.N. = F.U.B.A.R.

alpha
23rd April 2012, 12:27 PM
I am.

I'm starting to think that ICANN is badly understaffed at the moment. Kieren, Kevin and others all complained that they couldn't get a hold of someone at ICANN to discuss the application window delay, no official communication until a week after the problem was discovered, we never had a reply with respect to our At-Large application... it doesn't look good.

they need to reassign a dozen people from the E.M.L.B and have them do something productive instead

* Exotic Meeting Location Booking team