PDA

View Full Version : Whats your IDN traffic?

JamesD
4th May 2012, 10:16 AM
Trying to get an idea on the amount of traffic you guys generate on a monthly basis.

It seems to me that IDN traffic is very highly targeted yet pays out poorly and gets low CTR (I stand to be corrected here as I only have a small sample for personal experience). With there being a relatively small but commited number of IDN investors, it could be ripe for testing alternative sources of revenue other than using existing parking cos.

4th May 2012, 10:25 AM
I checked Dec 2011 to Apr 2012 and vague stats are xxx,xxx uniques monthly, rev. is x,xxx and the first time ever it was rev. of xxx in one day was in April.

Mostly Russian and some Hebrew domains parked.

Jay
4th May 2012, 10:28 AM
We do these polls from time to time, but the results don't tell us much about performance because it is dependent on the size of people's portfolios. It's better to do these as averages or a person's top 25 domains.

Jay
4th May 2012, 10:35 AM
rev. of xxx in one day was in April.

Awesome! Rev. of $xxx per day (over and above renewal fees) = retirement.

JamesD
4th May 2012, 11:12 AM
We do these polls from time to time, but the results don't tell us much about performance because it is dependent on the size of people's portfolios. It's better to do these as averages or a person's top 25 domains.

In this case though, it's total number of visits I'm interested in.

squirrel
4th May 2012, 01:30 PM
In this case though, it's total number of visits I'm interested in.

yes if you're thinking of alternative monetization, total traffic volume is relevant

JamesD
5th May 2012, 03:40 PM
Any more? It's anonymous if you want it to be.

IDNCowboy
5th May 2012, 09:22 PM
Awesome! Rev. of $xxx per day (over and above renewal fees) = retirement.

not in NY :)

JamesD
8th May 2012, 01:48 PM
Also, would anyone care to state how much revenue per visit they're seeing (not per click).

My IDN have got $0.0477 per visit - a fraction of what my non IDN make - I know there are various possible reasons for that but even bearing those in mind, there seems to be a massive difference. Especially when you consider it's grade A traffic, nearly all type in.

squirrel
8th May 2012, 01:54 PM
Where is your traffic from

Japan has a much larger number of advertisers and ad inventory than probably all the arabic speaking countries combined. Naver certainly has the lion's share of Korean ads, but doesn't offer a parking feed, etc.

JamesD
8th May 2012, 02:47 PM
Russia and Thailand approx 65/35 split.

9th May 2012, 07:10 PM
I checked Dec 2011 to Apr 2012 and vague stats are xxx,xxx uniques monthly, rev. is x,xxx and the first time ever it was rev. of xxx in one day was in April.

how many domains do you have?