PDA

View Full Version : сочи.org [Sochi.org]

tee1
7th May 2012, 07:56 PM
Care to share your thoughts/Opinions on сочи.org the .com went for 20K in 2008 I believe.

TIA for your thoughts and comments.
Tim

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sochi

Ben
7th May 2012, 08:02 PM
"Sochi will host the XXII Olympic Winter Games and XI Paralympic Winter Games in 2014, as well as the Russian Formula 1 Grand Prix from 2014 until at least 2020.[9][10] It is also one of the host cities for the 2018 FIFA World Cup."

You should develop a simple website on it, with all that's going to be happening in Sochi it could really make a lot from the traffic in the coming years. I'm not sure how popular .org is in Russia and if there are any alias plans, but if I owned this I would hold on to it and wait and see, I would not be willing to sell it.

Wot
8th May 2012, 02:58 AM
I have zero interest in a portfolio or around 30 plus fairly good names including городсочи.com SochiCity.com,город-сочи.com Sochi-City.com at a price in the mid $xxxx so make your own call,not very encouraging.

tee1
10th May 2012, 03:24 PM
@wot the reason for the delayed response was I had to reply to all those xxx,xxx pm offers :lol: just kidding. thanks for the info. I think that maybe London is getting all the attention, also does the winter games rank as high as the summer games? Maybe after London Sochi will start getting some attention.
I have zero interest in a portfolio or around 30 plus fairly good names including городсочи.com SochiCity.com,город-сочи.com Sochi-City.com at a price in the mid $xxxx so make your own call,not very encouraging.

@Ben thanks for the info yeah, the Winter games, Formula 1 Grand Prix, World Cup host city all make it attractive but I think I need to develop it.

On developing...
First thought was Olympic info based, weather, travel, things to do in Sochi ect, and affiliate links out the wazzooo

Second thought: I assume the .com owners will develop and have some or all the stuff from the first thought and I am sure they have alot more $/€ at their disposal. So I thought about something like StatusNet microblogging software, see identi.ca, but it doesn't support russian or maybe a craiglist kinda site, so people can offer their services for the Olympics/World cup ect. Basically something different than what would be expect from a GEO site?
Just my initial rambling. thoughts/opinions appreciated.

Wot
11th May 2012, 12:27 AM
@wot the reason for the delayed response was I had to reply to all those xxx,xxx pm offers :lol: just kidding. thanks for the info. I think that maybe London is getting all the attention, also does the winter games rank as high as the summer games? Maybe after London Sochi will start getting some attention.

@Ben thanks for the info yeah, the Winter games, Formula 1 Grand Prix, World Cup host city all make it attractive but I think I need to develop it.

On developing...
First thought was Olympic info based, weather, travel, things to do in Sochi ect, and affiliate links out the wazzooo

Second thought: I assume the .com owners will develop and have some or all the stuff from the first thought and I am sure they have alot more $/€ at their disposal. So I thought about something like StatusNet microblogging software, see identi.ca, but it doesn't support russian or maybe a craiglist kinda site, so people can offer their services for the Olympics/World cup ect. Basically something different than what would be expect from a GEO site?
Just my initial rambling. thoughts/opinions appreciated.

Be careful with anything that relates/mentions Olympics in any website they are VERY protective.