PDA

View Full Version : NameDrive vs. InternetTraffic.com

patrcarl
15th May 2012, 08:56 PM
Has anyone done any testing to see if InternetTraffic.com does better than NameDrive? I have just switched my IDNs to InternetTraffic as a test, and will be able to report my findings in roughly a month. But, curious what others have found?

15th May 2012, 09:07 PM
Last time i compared very few (5-6) domains just as an indication and all are showing higher numbers for both visitors and revenue.

Rockruler
16th May 2012, 01:40 PM
Please keep us updated patrcarl... I'm curious too.

patrcarl
16th May 2012, 03:33 PM
Last time i compared very few (5-6) domains just as an indication and all are showing higher numbers for both visitors and revenue.

Which company was showing the higher numbers for your 5-6 domain test? Was it NameDrive or InternetTraffic.com?

I've had all my ASCII domains with InternetTraffic.com for the past 60 days, and can report the same thing that every ASCII domainer that I speak to says - which is that revenue is up, and inquiries are way up. I think having the yellow bar across the top that says "this domain may be for sale - click here to inquire" goes a long way to making visitors realize that they could buy the domain which translates to many more inquiries.

I never realized that InternetTraffic.com was an option for IDNs, but after seeing that Moshe's Москва.com is parked there, I'm giving them a test now.

Here's one of mine that's there now - תלאביב.com (http://xn--4dbca5am7f.com/). I haven't yet optimized any of my names, but their auto-optimization on my ASCII names really did a good job.

One problem that I just found is that Hebrew and Arabic names are displaying the domain name from left to right instead of right to left. I'm going to get in touch with my contacts over there right away and have them fix that ASAP.

- Patrick

Rockruler
16th May 2012, 04:48 PM
That's funny... When I got in touch with Internet Traffic about parking IDNs with them, they told me that their platform has not performed very well outside of ascii... they told me better to go with another provider. This was only about 4 months ago as well.

sarcle
16th May 2012, 10:05 PM
That's funny... When I got in touch with Internet Traffic about parking IDNs with them, they told me that their platform has not performed very well outside of ascii... they told me better to go with another provider. This was only about 4 months ago as well.

Well at least they got back to you. I meet their requirements, sent an email, nada, nothing... Whatever I guess.

celia
21st May 2012, 07:32 PM
So what on earth does Internet Traffic take, IDNs or ASCII?

patrcarl
21st May 2012, 07:57 PM
So what on earth does Internet Traffic take, IDNs or ASCII?

Both