PDA

View Full Version : аППартаменты.ком

blackpower
16th May 2012, 11:02 PM
www.аппартаменты.com
What do you guys say?
I would appreciate links to this site to help with seo( it would be great if it gets high ranking)
Would like also buy traffic from RE related russian domains:rolleyes: Please PM
It an extremely common typo/variant for апартаменты
In fact, version with two пп is more natural for Russian tongue since words with lating root are often written with double consonants

bwhhisc
17th May 2012, 02:33 AM
Nice to see more IDNs developed. ;)

Be interested to see how google/ yandex / yahoo give you page rank over the next few months.

Where do real estate listing feed from?

blackpower
17th May 2012, 05:46 AM
Nice to see more IDNs developed. ;)

Be interested to see how google/ yandex / yahoo give you page rank over the next few months.

Where do real estate listing feed from?

This feed is from an existing agency;

On the separate note... You guys keep talking about parking, complaining about revenues, speaking of making sites for years and nada...
Here I am making an IDN work as it should, a business domain and ? No comments?
May be I missed something and folks here have been using idns sites for long time just keeping quiet about it?
C'mon, spill your guts
Besides, I don't have a big russian portfolio. I know folks here are invested in Russians, aren't you interested in how it works in the field?

DktoInc
17th May 2012, 06:02 AM
but why develop a typo domain instead of maybe getting a nice 2 word for Moscow real-estate? you are advertising Moscow real estate anyways.

developing a typo for the Russian public is not a good idea IMO. you may get some traffic to it, but no one will buy anything cause you can't even spell properly. Russian public is very strict with grammar you should know that, isn't it where you are from?

blackpower
17th May 2012, 06:15 AM
but why develop a typo domain instead of maybe getting a nice 2 word for Moscow real-estate? you are advertising Moscow real estate anyways.

developing a typo for the Russian public is not a good idea IMO. you may get some traffic to it, but no one will buy anything cause you can't even spell properly. Russian public is very strict with grammar you should know that, isn't it where you are from?

Good points..
The reasoning was:
It's not really a typo; well, dictionary says аПартаменты but...
Double ПП is an accepted spelling; in fact most russians would wounder which one is more correct; 6 million G results versus 19 million for dictionary word;

Second, аППартаменты.ком is memorable, brandable word; yet I expect it be easy to get this keyword to the top since it differs from dictionary variant.
As a linguist I know it's useless fighting with words; if it is in a popular speak, eventually it will be come an accepted dictionary as well.
Besides,
I bought it real cheap; I can imagine how much I'd be asked for the "dictionary" word :)

DktoInc
17th May 2012, 06:37 AM
Good points..
The reasoning was:
It's not really a typo; well, dictionary says аПартаменты but...
Double ПП is an accepted spelling; in fact most russians would wounder which one is more correct; 6 million G results versus 19 million for dictionary word;

Second, аППартаменты.ком is memorable, brandable word; yet I expect it be easy to get this keyword to the top since it differs from dictionary variant.
As a linguist I know it's useless fighting with words; if it is in a popular speak, eventually it will be come an accepted dictionary as well.
Besides,
I bought it real cheap; I can imagine how much I'd be asked for the "dictionary" word :)

dictionary says it's a typo, google says it's a typo, Yandex even goes a step further and auto-corrects the typo for you. get your self a nice 2 word and don't stress.

blackpower
17th May 2012, 07:22 AM
dictionary says it's a typo, google says it's a typo, Yandex even goes a step further and auto-corrects the typo for you. get your self a nice 2 word and don't stress.

Even if I had the dictionary word, I would redirect it to the "typo" and promote аППартаменты.ком :)
Typos and "fantasy names" are good for marks; I can see the logo of аППартаменты.ком with the roof over two ПП :); it will make a nice brand, no?
I don't really care about what dictionary says; I am a very well read, trust me and my Russian is perfect; but even I would rather have a tendency to spell it with two ПП. As I said, in Russian there is a tendency to spell words with latin root with two consonants... Yandex may be a problem but only in the beguinning

17th May 2012, 07:40 AM
wordstat.yandex.ru

аппартаменты 2674
апартаменты 130,715
квартиры 11,818,329

blackpower
17th May 2012, 07:49 AM
wordstat.yandex.ru

аппартаменты 2674
апартаменты 130,715
квартиры 11,818,329

Yes, I know..
But the reason for choosing this one was twofold:
-can be a mark, brandable as Company name
-still accepted spelling, yet "not dictionary".
Look at the difference in Google
-110.000 for аПартаменты
-45000 for аППартаменты
I asked around today, out of 4 people, 3 said it's double ПП:no:

Dimkin
17th May 2012, 08:46 AM
I asked around today, out of 4 people, 3 said it's double ПП
I've seen this domain in expired aucrion (if not mistaken) and before I checked I thought too that is right term.

Drewbert
18th May 2012, 12:31 AM
On the separate note... You guys keep talking about parking, complaining about revenues, speaking of making sites for years and nada...
Here I am making an IDN work as it should, a business domain and ? No comments?

Main problem for me in the past has been getting the money out of Russia, so I stopped dev.

sarcle
18th May 2012, 12:43 AM
You are going to lose way too much traffic to the correct spelling even if you "brand" it.

Look at the difference in Google
-110.000 for аПартаменты
-45000 for аППартаменты

Those GAKT numbers are for broad. The exact score for the correct spelling is 10x as much.

аппартаменты - 480
апартаменты - 4.400

I say: $0

blackpower
18th May 2012, 05:49 AM
You are going to lose way too much traffic to the correct spelling even if you "brand" it.

Those GAKT numbers are for broad. The exact score for the correct spelling is 10x as much.

аппартаменты - 480
апартаменты - 4.400

I say: $0

This is only true if both parked.
Dict version may stay undeveloped for many years while the live developed site may collect search traffic.

blackpower
22nd May 2012, 07:15 AM
# 2 on Google a week after...
I started getting search traffic today
https://www.google.ru/search?sa=t&rct=j&q=%D0%B0%D0%BF%D0%BF%D0%B0%D1%80%D1%82%D0%B0%D0%BC%D0%B5%D0%BD%D1%82%D1%8B&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CGIQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.xn--80aaau8ahjakue2i.com%2F&ei=rCy7T_-EJM2bOqvG1KQK&usg=AFQjCNE9axRqAoONslIezby2ypFUG3K1NQ&cad=rjt