PDA

View Full Version : Japanese SEOd mini sites ranking well in Google.

mgrohan
31st May 2012, 02:38 AM
Anyone else noticed a huge number of minisites being created in Japanese. Most of the using .biz domains, but also some on .net or longer .com names.

They all seem to be from same developers, as they use the same basic template (have seen around 3-4 different templates).

Just an example, for the keyword 自動車保険見積もり auto insurance quotes. There are around 10 IDNs in the first 8 pages of results. including this group of sites which all have the same template, and affiliate link.

xn--fbkq9hthsb0fb5eu560behguq1jfdtaqvwfzqqg1a .net
xn--fbkq9hthsb0fb5eu560behguq1jfdtaqvwfzqqg1a .biz
xn--fbkq9hthsb0fb5eu560behguq1jfdtaqvwfzqqg1a .com
xn--fbkq837trvbtxfgy5a9m1bmzmlgqvlmtsu .biz
xn--fbkq4mwb2d5f1bv333bouf504iqrrax3u1spimz .biz
xn--fbkq4mwb2d5f1bv333bouf504iqrrax3u1spimz .com

Not sure what they are doing but there are a huge number of domains and they are ranking very well (on Google anyway..). Many on the first page for very competitive keywords. Am very interested if anyone has noticed similar, or done some research on them. Are they auto generated, does the content make sense?

EDIT: ok having a closer look, looks like the sites above anyway, have link pages, so they are doing link exchanges or have their own link networks?

All the sites in their link pages, are directory type sites (again with the same design) with seoup .net and seo-beat .com in their footer. Could someone who speaks Japanese see if these sites selling the (directory) script, software or SEO service. Can't work it out or see any prices on the sites.

Clotho
1st June 2012, 11:31 PM
I have received some inquiries regarding .com domains that I own from people who have sites like you described. One example of this type of site is: et cカード.c om (take out the spaces for the link)

They use some sort of link exchange to generate links. Their about us page is a bit strange. The text describing their company is a graphic file so it can't be indexed and can't be machine translated.

I kept asking them to make an offer and we went back and forth for months. finally I quoted them a price. They told me my price was crazy, that domains like mine only had a minor advantage for SEO now and weren't worth much. They told me that I should research what Japanese domains were currently selling for. They then pointed me at the sales part of this forum. I think they thought they were going to get it for $50 or something.

I wished them well with their projects.

blastfromthepast
2nd June 2012, 03:13 AM
They didn't counter offer?

Clotho
3rd June 2012, 04:24 AM
I haven't received a counter offer yet but considering how long we went back and forth it isn't unthinkable that they may still make one but I'm not expecting it. I also told them that I would be interested in working with them on this and other domains that I own as an option.

The domain itself was a pretty top end Japanese financial term so I am in no hurry to discount it. In fact as time progresses my price will just keep going up.

blastfromthepast
3rd June 2012, 07:07 AM
In fact as time progresses my price will just keep going up.

Excellent.