PDA

View Full Version : Google Translate Help

bwhhisc
6th June 2012, 01:32 AM
http://translate.google.com/#

Any idea how to keep the "translated" data in vertical column form when copying and pasting? Something has changed in the last few days, or maybe just operator error. :p

For the past years it has been easy to cut and paste the data and it repaste easily in vertical columns matching list (inputed on left side) by matching line in excel or notepad. Since yesterday something is different, but when I translate a list and copy the "right side" data and try to paste into excel, or even notepad all of the terms are stuck together as one "horizontal" group (ie all bunch in one cell of excel). Thanks for any suggestions.

tee1
6th June 2012, 01:59 AM
I am sure there is a more technical explanation/solution but to fix this I switched from chrome to firefox when using t.google.com in last couple of days

mgrohan
6th June 2012, 02:24 AM
Noticed this as well a copy of days ago, been bugging the hell out of me.

You can get it working as you want in Chrome by disabling javascript. Not really a usable/practical solution though. As tee said works fine still in Firefox.

gammascalper
6th June 2012, 04:48 AM
Seems to be fine in Safari

mgrohan
6th June 2012, 05:01 AM
Strange, not working for me in safari, copying and pasting the right side puts all characters on the same line.

bwhhisc
8th June 2012, 02:07 AM
I switched to Firefox browser, then opened google.com/translate and that solved the problem. Thanks! ;)