PDA

View Full Version : Namedrive Parking Question

monkmonkey
9th June 2012, 01:58 AM
When I preview a domain, not all of them are 100% in their native language. Why is that?

alpha
9th June 2012, 08:43 AM
When I preview a domain, not all of them are 100% in their native language. Why is that?

I was involved in the task to co-ordinate translating the ND landing pages, and I can tell you that the only languages that were 100% done were where we could get volunteers to assist.. as i look at my old files we did Arabic, Russian, Bulgarian, Japanese and Greek. I believe we also partially did Korean, Hebrew, Portuguese and Hindi.

The translations kick in based on geo targeting, so a North America visitor will see a different page to a Russian visitor.

In the preview option, if you click customize and then change the ad region, I believe you can then view as if you were located in that region.

IDNer
9th June 2012, 09:20 AM
I was involved in the task to co-ordinate translating the ND landing pages, and I can tell you that the only languages that were 100% done were where we could get volunteers to assist.. as i look at my old files we did Arabic, Russian, Bulgarian, Japanese and Greek. I believe we also partially did Korean, Hebrew, Portuguese and Hindi.

The translations kick in based on geo targeting, so a North America visitor will see a different page to a Russian visitor.

In the preview option, if you click customize and then change the ad region, I believe you can then view as if you were located in that region.

NameDrive never pay attention on Chinese IDNs?!

9th June 2012, 09:22 AM

i think it can be because they can geotarget you which means you get displayed ads for your location not the supposed location of the language.

alpha
9th June 2012, 09:23 AM
NameDrive never pay attention on Chinese IDNs?!

Actually, in going to defend Namedrive.
At the time there were many Chinese idners here, but despite many plea's for help, no one could be bothered to help (unlike the other languages)