PDA

View Full Version : One Character IDN's are they worth anything??

IDNCowboy
5th January 2006, 05:19 AM
?? even the ones that get no search due to their limited #.

Rubber Duck
5th January 2006, 01:10 PM
?? even the ones that get no search due to their limited #.

Well they do get search and overture.

Chinese single characters are in a different category to others. The about 50K altogether and some very obscure. Chinese use single characters as surnames and many have meaning on their own but are not generally as favoured as couplets.

Japan has an alphabet called Hirigana, but this is not used exclusively as it is mixed with Chinese Characters. I get relatively quite a bit of type in on these.

Arabic has an alphabet similar to our own. There is a lot of Overture on these. I have most of the dot coms and dot nets, although I wasn't planning to keep all the dot nets.

There are various alphabets in Inidia, the Hindi/Marathi/Sanskrit alphabet Davengari being the most important. I have a lot of characters here. There are a lot of characters as in common with Japanese the vowels are combined, so each constanant has several forms. The also have their own number systmes. I have registered the letter A and numbers 1 to 3 in most of these.

Korean also has an Alphabet called Hangul. Lots of complex characters and we haven't got involved here.

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon

bramiozo
6th January 2006, 03:35 PM
http://www.idntools.net for your free single character IDN's ;)

I still have to implement an autochecker of some kind, it is a bit outdated although the public is still unaware of the fact that a lot of single characters are free so it shouldn't be to far off.
Especially the pattern_syntax contains a lot of available domains.