PDA

View Full Version : 医師.com sold for US$5,500

IDNer
2nd August 2012, 12:21 PM
医師.com sold for US$5,500 on Moniker/SnapNames - report on DNjournal this week, and another IDN - würth.es sold for US$1,230

IDNer
2nd August 2012, 12:31 PM
The original owner of [医師.com] have lost US$5,000 (at least) by his mistake - forgot renewal

Avtal
2nd August 2012, 12:33 PM
According to this post (http://www.thedomains.com/2012/07/31/sedo-weekly-report-totals-1-3-million/) at thedomains.com, the IDNs västerås.com, norrköping.com, and jönköping.com sold for 1,400 Euros each on Sedo last week. These are the 5th, 11th, and 10th largest cities in Sweden.

Avtal

Wot
2nd August 2012, 12:47 PM
An IDN for IDN

Would it have got anywhere near close to that price here?

bwhhisc
2nd August 2012, 01:17 PM
医師.com = Doctor.com (or so google says)

IDNer
2nd August 2012, 01:30 PM
医師.com = Doctor.com (or so google says)

100% correct, can not find any other better meaning, I believe :-p

IDNer
2nd August 2012, 02:03 PM

[医師.com] is a Japanese Kanji, but not Chinese!

domainguru
2nd August 2012, 03:29 PM
An IDN for IDN

Would it have got anywhere near close to that price here?

No of course not, because end user buyers don't come here. This place is strictly for sales between fellow ditch-dwellers. Sales of last resort as I like to call them.

Ryu
2nd August 2012, 03:33 PM
No of course not, because end user buyers don't come here.

No, it wasn't exactly an end user purchase. It was the usual IDNers bidding up against each other. End users rarely come to snapnames to purchase a Japanese IDN.

alpha
2nd August 2012, 03:42 PM
No, it wasn't exactly an end user purchase. It was the usual IDNers bidding up against each other. End users rarely come to snapnames to purchase a Japanese IDN.

yep

the point is, and has always been, the quality of accidental drops are usually way better than what is consciously sold here

Ryu
2nd August 2012, 04:59 PM
the point is, and has always been, the quality of accidental drops are usually way better than what is consciously sold here

Agreed. And honestly, I don't think IDNF is a bad place to sell IDNs, especially in the auction format. Sure, there is a risk of auction ending cheap, but that could happen at any auction.

The main drawback of selling at IDNF is, imho, it takes an awful lot of time to set up a thread, monitor, contact, get paid, etc etc. You really need to be very motivated to sell in order to keep doing it frequently.

chrisofmel
4th August 2012, 09:21 PM
also 노트북.com sold $2251 dnjournal
xn--o80b71ur7q.com
notebook korean

domainguru
5th August 2012, 06:18 AM
Agreed. And honestly, I don't think IDNF is a bad place to sell IDNs, especially in the auction format. Sure, there is a risk of auction ending cheap, but that could happen at any auction.

The main drawback of selling at IDNF is, imho, it takes an awful lot of time to set up a thread, monitor, contact, get paid, etc etc. You really need to be very motivated to sell in order to keep doing it frequently.

I think its an awful place for selling still. There's no way in the world I'd ever put one of my decent .com domains up here now. Like any Thai end-user is going to turn up here and bid ;-)

I've been offered more from a Thai end user for a single domain than all the income I've ever made selling Thai domains here. Think about it.

The future is selling to end users, not fellow resellers. That is basically not much more than flipping.

Ryu
5th August 2012, 12:56 PM
I think its an awful place for selling still. There's no way in the world I'd ever put one of my decent .com domains up here now. Like any Thai end-user is going to turn up here and bid ;-)

I've been offered more from a Thai end user for a single domain than all the income I've ever made selling Thai domains here. Think about it.

The future is selling to end users, not fellow resellers. That is basically not much more than flipping.

I was talking about "where" to sell IDNs when we want to sell them. Waiting for end user offers is altogether a different game.

domainguru
5th August 2012, 01:54 PM
I was talking about "where" to sell IDNs when we want to sell them. Waiting for end user offers is altogether a different game.

Well that's 'cos there's no other choices out there unless you domains happen to be German. A choice of one isn't really a choice is it.

Ryu
5th August 2012, 03:46 PM
Well that's 'cos there's no other choices out there unless you domains happen to be German. A choice of one isn't really a choice is it.

If you have names at Dynadot, you can sell at Domain Marketplace there. If you have names at Moniker, you can sell at Snapnames. If you have names at GoDaddy, there's something there also.

In addition, there were IDNNewsletter and IDNEvent we could use. And looking at the banner up there on this forum, it's quite apparent IDNtools is planning to introduce a sales platform.

Personally, I use Dynadot more than anything else at the moment to sell names. I like it there because names can be sorted by a user, which means I can create a link to the list of my names for sale, and because it is not a parking platform, I can link it from anywhere I like, including Japanese websites, and from parking pages also. That way, I can increase exposure of the names massively. Japanese end users did find me there. And unlike at forums, you don't need to bump threads to keep sales alive. Names stay for sale at Dynadot until you manually turn them off. It's easy!

So, is Dynadot a better place to sell IDNs than here? It depends on your strategy and on your willingness to wait. If you want to sell quickly and surely, IDNF is the platform for that. After all, you can list up all the information about names for sale here, and that definitely increases the chance of making sale, and not by a small margin. But if you are lazy like me and don't wish to spend much time putting up and managing threads here, and also wish to have native end users see your names, then Dynadot would be a better place to sell.

Just my personal opinion though.

Jay
5th August 2012, 04:19 PM
I like Afternic because you don't have to have them registered there to list. Sedo would be good too if only their search function could find IDNs.

Of course, if you actually want to make a decent sale, you wouldn't list your name at all. You'd just wait for someone to track you down through whois.

Ryu
5th August 2012, 05:55 PM
Of course, if you actually want to make a decent sale, you wouldn't list your name at all. You'd just wait for someone to track you down through whois.

I can understand that logic. But the problem is, not everyone knows about whois. And when it comes to protected whois, the email addresses don't always look real, such the ones Name.com sets up. They must be put-off certainly.

domainguru
6th August 2012, 05:56 AM
I like Afternic because you don't have to have them registered there to list. Sedo would be good too if only their search function could find IDNs.

For IDNs, seriously? ;)

A normal person sees (thankfully) in their browser now, ภูเก็ต.com, but they type it into WHOIS and get told to stop being stupid ..... very few WHOIS tools are set up for unicode yet.

Out of 100 offers, we get maybe 1 from WHOIS. maybe. With ASCII, it used to be much more 50/50

Its yet another reason why IDN sales are slow .........

jose
6th August 2012, 06:13 AM
also 노트북.com sold $2251 dnjournal
xn--o80b71ur7q.com
notebook korean
$225 here max ;)

Jay
6th August 2012, 02:48 PM
Out of 100 offers, we get maybe 1 from WHOIS. maybe. With ASCII, it used to be much more 50/50

Yeah come to think of it most of my recent offers have come via the parking page at Bodis. Lazy buggers.

Jay
6th August 2012, 02:58 PM
$225 here max ;)

So the conversion factor simply involves deleting the last digit :-D

Conversely a name bought here must be worth 10x at the auctions then. Hmm.

Ryu
6th August 2012, 04:18 PM
$225 here max ;)

Care to share a few examples of such good names having gone for peanuts here?

bumblebee man
6th August 2012, 09:51 PM
Care to share a few examples of such good names having gone for peanuts here?

All of Jose's auctions. ;)

idndrive
4th April 2013, 02:46 AM
i think that it is too cheap price.

at least, $XX,XXX ~ $XXX,XXX

what do you think of that?

Thanks

mulligan
4th April 2013, 03:07 AM
i think that it is too cheap price.

at least, $XX,XXX ~ $XXX,XXX

what do you think of that?

Thanks

Is there a way to block posts?

domainguru
4th April 2013, 05:51 AM
Is there a way to block posts?

There's normally an "ignore member" function available, highly suitable in this case :-p

domainguru
4th April 2013, 05:54 AM

Except Afternic display names in punycode. wtf? Its 2013 not 1913.

I had a right go at them a couple of weeks ago asking how they expected to sell IDNs if they were all effectively invisible.

Their reply was "there are tools online available to convert to unicode"

My reply is not printable.

Eurorealtor
4th April 2013, 11:28 AM
Except Afternic display names in punycode. wtf? Its 2013 not 1913.

+1

Their reply was "there are tools online available to convert to unicode"

LOL

idndrive
10th August 2013, 10:35 AM
too cheap i think.

b/c it is keyword and there are a lot of evidences.

^^

nicenic
12th August 2013, 06:11 AM
[医師.com] is a Japanese Kanji, but not Chinese!

Well, this is absorbing. :-D

医師 is actually both Chinese and not Chinese. Why? the word of 医 is a simplified Chinese character, while 師 is the traditional version of 师.

nicenic
12th August 2013, 06:16 AM

Not exactly, 医師 = Qualified doctor, not only doctor (医生), a bit different on the definitions for local Chinese.