PDA

View Full Version : ascii.com sales report from 4.cn (Chinese domain names)

bwhhisc
14th August 2012, 11:16 PM
This was from May 2012, these were sold at 4.cn.
Seems they don't list IDNs, but would be interesting if they gave it a shot.
I emailed them to see if they would take a few listings, but no response. :(

If you haven't visited 4.cn domain sales platform an interesting site, here's a link:

http://www.4.cn/

65.com ($150,000)

60.com ($310,000)

Bohe.com (“mint” in Chinese) (more than $150,000)

MeiMei.com (“beautiful girl” in Chinese) ($102,089)

BeiBei.com (“baby” in Chinese) (more than $75,000)

SouSou.com (“search” in Chinese) (more than $75,000)

Xingzuo.com (“constellation” in Chinese) ($74,000)

Sudi.com (“Express delivery” in Chinese) ($52,000)

925.com ( “925″ in Chinese, just seeing if you are paying attention) ($47,589)

Shiliu.com ( “pomegranate” in Chinese) ($45,547)

Naicha.com (“milk tea” in Chinese) (more than $30,000)

Nvzhuang.com (“Womens Dress” in Chinese) (more than $30,000)

9i.com (more than $30,000)

209.com (more than $30,000)

squirrel
14th August 2012, 11:47 PM
They list IDNs now, but I remember 2 yrs ago they were publicly saying they were focusing on ascii only.

edit: search for "xn--" to see the currently listed IDNs, some have receive a fair deal of offers

15th August 2012, 12:07 AM
the sales report prices are USD?

bwhhisc
15th August 2012, 12:55 AM
the sales report prices are USD?

Yes, those are US Dollars. Reading around, seems that a lot of larger deals are done by wire transfer of funds. I think they also do paypal.

bwhhisc
15th August 2012, 12:58 AM
They list IDNs now, but I remember 2 yrs ago they were publicly saying they were focusing on ascii only.

edit: search for "xn--" to see the currently listed IDNs, some have receive a fair deal of offers

Very cool...you just have to wait a minute or so for it to pull the IDNs up, guess I was too impatient before. :-)

squirrel
15th August 2012, 01:11 AM
I'm not sure if you can just list there and park elsewhere or if you absolutely need to use their nameservers

bwhhisc
15th August 2012, 01:21 AM
I'm not sure if you can just list there and park elsewhere or if you absolutely need to use their nameservers

I would like to see a few IDN auctions listed there. They have a huge base of buyers and perhaps catch some interest.

welkin
15th August 2012, 09:12 AM
It's interesting these were reg'd so long ago. Many of the sellers waited 10 years for a buyer...makes me feel better about my 3 years. I recall pengyou.com (friend) sold for a fortune a while back too.

I think these sellers were lucky IDNs have been mishandled for so long, else they would have been passed by.

Maybe true pinyin IDN names are the next goldrush. Quick, jīn.com (gold) is still available!

I remember missing naicha here...an extremely common convenience store/cafe drink in China.

Wot
15th August 2012, 10:03 AM
http://www.4.cn/hotsale/detail/hid/1675

Seriously?

bwhhisc
15th August 2012, 12:32 PM
http://www.4.cn/hotsale/detail/hid/1675

Seriously?

china.com / XN--CHINA-PJA.COM

whois shows registration in France.

Wot
15th August 2012, 01:47 PM
china.com / XN--CHINA-PJA.COM

whois shows registration in France.

It's this: ·china.com

And it's this wanker: http://monikerblog.com/?p=669

tee1
16th August 2012, 01:15 AM
Only a few IDNs with offers. Also they do featured auctions and showcase auctions. Does anyone have a contact with 4.cn? I know Domain Shane blogs alot on them anyone know him well enough to email him? Why not try and get a IDN featured auction going?

Wot
19th August 2012, 11:42 AM
Only a few IDNs with offers. Also they do featured auctions and showcase auctions. Does anyone have a contact with 4.cn? I know Domain Shane blogs alot on them anyone know him well enough to email him? Why not try and get a IDN featured auction going?

Justin @goldenname.com I believe is the owner/joint owner.

Had some dealings with him and his staff a couple of years ago. He told me there was very little interest in IDN from mainland domainers which does not seem to have changed too much. Some IDN sales on 66.cn but very low prices.

tee1
20th August 2012, 04:02 PM
Justin @goldenname.com I believe is the owner/joint owner.

Had some dealings with him and his staff a couple of years ago. He told me there was very little interest in IDN from mainland domainers which does not seem to have changed too much. Some IDN sales on 66.cn but very low prices.

Thanks wot, you never know the winds might be changing :-D

bwhhisc
20th August 2012, 05:14 PM
Thanks wot, you never know the winds might be changing :-D

Show him the $35k IDN sale at Snapnames!!!

Wot
21st August 2012, 01:52 AM
Show him the $35k IDN sale at Snapnames!!!

If the buyers and bidders are natives then something is happening.

If it is foreign buyers and speculators then not quite the same?