PDA

View Full Version : which IDN registrars allow name deletion?

domainguru
26th May 2006, 01:42 AM
Do any IDN registrars allow users themselves to delete "accidental registrations"?

I know a few registrars where you can email requests to get names deleted in the first few days, but would prefer to be able to do it myself with a click of a button.

ScottFish
26th May 2006, 01:43 AM
Technically all registrars have a 5 day deletion period.

IDNCowboy
26th May 2006, 01:43 AM
Do any IDN registrars allow users themselves to delete "accidental registrations"?

I know a few registrars where you can email requests to get names deleted in the first few days, but would prefer to be able to do it myself with a click of a button.
Dynadot I heard lets you do it.

ScottFish
26th May 2006, 01:48 AM
Yes, dynadot does.. it's good when you register 20 names and realize that 4 are wrong! lol

domainguru
26th May 2006, 01:49 AM

To repeat, the question was "which registrars allow users themselves to delete "accidental registrations". I already knew fresh registrations could be deleted by the registrar within 5 days and not incur a charge by the registry :)

Yes, dynadot does.. it's good when you register 20 names and realize that 4 are wrong! lol

So that doesn't involve any emailing or form filling? Just a click to delete and they give you the money back?

Dynadot have replied to my email already, and said the process is done via email. So no great advantage there. I have been deleting bad registrations manually in my eNom account for 3 years ...

dclong
26th May 2006, 04:06 AM
(DON'T DO THIS) - Editted by Olney

yumi
26th May 2006, 04:20 AM
wyin.cn
wyin.con.cn
8615.com.cn
asksky.cn
联通中国.com
Hi,dclong.Please dn NOT post your domain names in others' thread.If you want to sale them,please start a new thread in sales section.
请不要在别人的帖子中卖你的域名。如果你要卖域名,请在sales分区发你自己的帖子!

dclong
26th May 2006, 04:52 AM
ok!!!!!!:)

mulligan
26th May 2006, 05:05 PM
Reply from DS regarding the issue:

Hello,

Currently there is not a tool that would allow users to delete domain names. It is not our policy to delete domain names once they have been registered, unless they were purchased fraudulently. If you have any further questions regarding this policy, please referr to our registration agreement found at http://www.domainsite.com/registration_agreement.php. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have any additional concerns, please let us know.

Thank you,
xxxx

Domainsite.com (http://domainsite.com/)

touchring
5th July 2006, 01:15 PM

Does this 5-day deletion period applies to newly transferred names?