PDA

View Full Version : TRAFFIC auction list

alpha
13th September 2012, 03:27 PM
Rick posted this (http://www.ricksblog.com/my_weblog/2012/09/i-even-said-no-to-my-partner-howard-neu-no-favors-just-the-best-domains.html)up earlier, and is already in a corner defending the list.

my 2c. Rick uses Fanclub.com as an example of quality. But what about "JustSamples.com", "BridalShowerRegistry.com", "SmartLawyer.com" - really?

I predict this auction will be embarrassing
I also predict this is the last Traffic auction
Last Traffic? not sure.

squirrel
13th September 2012, 03:33 PM
Last Traffic? not sure.

isn't the conference profitable by itself, regardless of auction results. A ticket is super expensive, like a 1000$ +

alpha
13th September 2012, 03:37 PM
isn't the conference profitable by itself, regardless of auction results. A ticket is super expensive, like a 1000$ +

who knows - I remember reading its break-even, and the auction turns it into a profit.. but anyway, the auction has always been pegged as the meat in the sandwich - it'll be interesting seeing a burgerless burger marketed next time

squirrel
13th September 2012, 03:41 PM
$1795.00 for a single person.

I agree with you the auction will suck, like many before and many more to come. No one wants to sell a category defining domain to a domainer, it's simply not a good ROI.

blackpower
13th September 2012, 04:31 PM
Rick posted this (http://www.ricksblog.com/my_weblog/2012/09/i-even-said-no-to-my-partner-howard-neu-no-favors-just-the-best-domains.html)up earlier, and is already in a corner defending the list.

my 2c. Rick uses Fanclub.com as an example of quality. But what about "JustSamples.com", "BridalShowerRegistry.com", "SmartLawyer.com" - really?

Ridiculous, I agree.
FunClub?
I think any member here which started before 2005 have a better quality portfolio that 99% of ascii holders;
Not all markets are equal, certanly if I new what I know now I would not register certain languages; but my portuguese domains rock and so does Brazil

IdnHost
13th September 2012, 05:50 PM
Ridiculous, I agree.
FunClub?
I think any member here which started before 2005 have a better quality portfolio that 99% of ascii holders;
Not all markets are equal, certanly if I new what I know now I would not register certain languages; but my portuguese domains rock and so does Brazil

its "fanclub", not "funclub" but equally inadequate nonetheless. a lot of junk on the list with an exception of a few names which should fetch some real money.

has2hands
13th September 2012, 06:13 PM
I don't think you will see $1 million or $10 million names.....that isn't the idea...there is a different twist this conference.

No 5-10 minute auctions per name...it will be churn and burn with middle of road and brandable names and some nice generics thrown in....but mid level names.

Rapid Fire auction.....should be fun.

thegenius1
13th September 2012, 06:30 PM
Gottal love his headline :lol:

"I even Said "No" to My Partner Howard Neu. No Favors, Just the Best Domains"

Rubber Duck
13th September 2012, 08:38 PM
justified.

sbe18
14th September 2012, 12:06 AM
the only stand out name in my opinion :
europeanautos.com

an auto broker could mint that one ....

otherwise.....meh...

Rubber Duck
14th September 2012, 04:48 AM
the only stand out name in my opinion :
europeanautos.com

an auto broker could mint that one ....

otherwise.....meh...

Only really valuable in America, as in this side of the poind we call them Cars.

I guess European does kind of speak quality especially when compared with the mobile boxes that the US produces. But then why not say what you mean and just have GermanAutos.com.

clipper
14th September 2012, 04:48 AM
For those interested in antiques:

AnsweringMachines.com

14th September 2012, 10:38 AM
http://targetedtraffic.com/program/2012/domain-auction.php

CloudStocksIndex.com

IntheCityof.com

:confused:

14th September 2012, 12:21 PM
http://targetedtraffic.com/program/about.traffic.php

Kodak is going into bankruptcy! They didn't buy cameras.com, which sold at a T.R.A.F.F.I.C. auction for over $2,000,000! Imagine how that $2,000,000 could have saved America's iconic shutterbug company!

T.R.A.F.F.I.C. could have saved kodak. :eek: :lol:

alpha
14th September 2012, 12:25 PM
Kodak lost their way a long time ago, and should have given up trying to compete in that space and simply monetise the many patents they have

bumblebee man
14th September 2012, 12:25 PM
:facepalm:

Rubber Duck
14th September 2012, 12:39 PM

Only if Rick had also explained to them how to make a half decent camera for the same cost as the competition.

Or maybe if the FED had started accepting used Photo Paper as collateral?

squirrel
14th September 2012, 01:33 PM

If he didn't write it in capital letters, therefore I'm inclined to think he didn't really mean it.

14th September 2012, 04:22 PM
maybe someone should have asked if they want to list cameras.com in russian for their auction. still many times better than CloudStocksIndex.com

JamesD
24th September 2012, 01:24 PM
100 geo name portfolio with no reserve in there - a renewal liability, or drop maybe 98 of them.

bwhhisc
24th September 2012, 11:11 PM
This is going to be a very interesting auction.

Wot
25th September 2012, 03:25 AM

F.L.O.P. ?

squirrel
25th September 2012, 03:52 AM
Let's place bets on what the excuse will be. IT WILL CERTAINLY BE IN CAPS. meh ..

JamesD
25th September 2012, 01:40 PM
Email from Sedo pushing their 'top 50 names listed this month'

1. whiskey.co €1,200,000

Didn't read the rest after being insulted like that!

bwhhisc
25th September 2012, 03:29 PM
Let's place bets on what the excuse will be. IT WILL CERTAINLY BE IN CAPS. meh ..

Maybe we run a bit of a "competition" in the Members Only area and see who has the best crystal ball as to final selling price .

To keep it simple, each name can have its own thread, one vote per member. Anyone interested??

To keep it managable, perhaps we can nominate 5 "great" names/lots", and 5 "perhaps less than great names/lots " for the bidding.

For the latter, I would nominate the "Geo Package" :wacko:

alpha
25th September 2012, 05:04 PM

Makes you wonder how shit the names were that didn't make the cut

yanni
25th September 2012, 09:22 PM
Email from Sedo pushing their 'top 50 names listed this month'

1. whiskey.co €1,200,000

Didn't read the rest after being insulted like that!

Corrected by sedo now. It's whiskey.com

JamesD
25th September 2012, 10:25 PM
Corrected by sedo now. It's whiskey.com

Yes, got the email...that's more like it.

Wot
26th September 2012, 12:31 AM
Get out clauses?

“If you don’t need to sell, the auction format we have is NOT designed for you. ”

“This is basically a WHOLESALE auction, not RETAIL, as the bidders are primarily other domain investors. ”

“The market is soft and to be honest, it may be in your best interest to wait for the next pop. ”

domainguru
26th September 2012, 03:26 AM
Get out clauses?

“If you don’t need to sell, the auction format we have is NOT designed for you. ”

“This is basically a WHOLESALE auction, not RETAIL, as the bidders are primarily other domain investors. ”

“The market is soft and to be honest, it may be in your best interest to wait for the next pop. ”

Totally. "If you don't need to sell, this isn't for you". Doesn't get any clearer than that. This is a desperate "grab any cash you can whilst there are still sucker domain buyers around" kind of deal.

But to be frank, the situation will only get worse in ASCII-land. Its all downhill from here for those boys.