PDA

View Full Version : ยินดี.com - "HAPPY".com

basicgravity
13th September 2012, 11:36 PM
Hello, this was my first purchase of an IDN. Registered it last month. xn--l3cj0a2eh.com

ยินดี is a Thai word for "happy". I want to ask for your opinions on it.

There used to be a site that used the term but, it had been dropped.

There are a number of English websites with the transliteration yindee or yin-dee + TLD; many taken.

2,400 exact searches (which isn't great I guess) but 246,000 phrase searches.

Should I sit on in, develop it, sell it?

TrafficDomainer
14th September 2012, 12:13 AM
Hello, this was my first purchase of an IDN. Registered it last month. xn--l3cj0a2eh.com

ยินดี is a Thai word for "happy". I want to ask for your opinions on it.

There used to be a site that used the term but, it had been dropped.

There are a number of English websites with the transliteration yindee or yin-dee + TLD; many taken.

2,400 exact searches (which isn't great I guess) but 246,000 phrase searches.

Should I sit on in, develop it, sell it?

ยินดี can mean happy but only in the context of "happy to help" or "with pleasure" and not I am happy. It is a brandable name but not a search term as you have already indicated. Thais love words that are auspicious and pleasing to the ears for business names that's why you see so many translits of the word yindee in quite a number of Thai sites. If you have a business that you would like to market using the domain, it will be a name that Thai will think positively about. However, personally I would develop domains with much higher search volume to potentially benefit from the keywords in the domains.

squirrel
14th September 2012, 12:19 AM
Welcome to the forum

2,400 exact searches (which isn't great I guess)

Right, it isn't great, you can find much better domains for registration.

Are you new to domaining ?

TrafficDomainer
14th September 2012, 12:25 AM
ยินดีต้อนรับ (Yin Dee Ton Rab as well :) Yindee here means "Pleased" and Ton Rab is to welcome.

basicgravity
14th September 2012, 01:51 AM
Welcome to the forum

Right, it isn't great, you can find much better domains for registration.

Are you new to domaining ?

Thank you for the advice.

Yes, I am new. I started a few months ago registering brand nag keyword names for a small design manufacturing business I have. Then added a few more names; some of which will be tossed next year.

Maybe I will keep "happy" for selling in Thailand next year. I agree it is a positive name, if not a fortune-maker.

squirrel
14th September 2012, 02:24 AM
I agree it is a positive name, if not a fortune-maker.

No toss it. Don't get emotionally attached to your first domains, or you'll end up carrying too much "dead" weight.

If you're serious about domaining first create yourself a free google adwords account so that you can see the average CPC of each terms you search for.

Learn about generic domains, learn how they can help achieve greater CTR and rankings. Learn about direct navigation. Also learn about their weaknesses.

With respect to IDNs, read a bit about ICANN and the new gTLDs. More importantly learn about aliasing.

Read this forum and search its archive for whatever question you may have. This forum is gold.

Then start digging for domains. Stick to .com even if it's more difficult.

TrafficDomainer
14th September 2012, 03:34 PM
Thank you for the advice.

Yes, I am new. I started a few months ago registering brand nag keyword names for a small design manufacturing business I have. Then added a few more names; some of which will be tossed next year.

Maybe I will keep "happy" for selling in Thailand next year. I agree it is a positive name, if not a fortune-maker.

You could get lucky but it will be difficult to find people who will be wiling to pay much for an IDN with such a low search volume in my opinion. But if you really want to try, perhaps contact ASCII owners of those domains that contain the word Yindee and see if they will bite. If not, I wouldn`t spend time developing the domain and would focus on developing domains with much higher search volume and would just let this domain drop when it is due.

basicgravity
15th September 2012, 02:55 AM
Thank you for both your comments... I will keep the emotion at bay :-D

I have seen an increase in local branding in Thailand lately. Certainly Thais have an excellent design industry. Would there be the possibility that this kind of word would be a good brand or alias? ...Similar to using happy.com (happy, as in "glee", not as "happy to help") an alias for Walgreens drug stores in the US?

domainguru
15th September 2012, 08:00 AM
Thank you for both your comments... I will keep the emotion at bay :-D

I have seen an increase in local branding in Thailand lately. Certainly Thais have an excellent design industry. Would there be the possibility that this kind of word would be a good brand or alias? ...Similar to using happy.com (happy, as in "glee", not as "happy to help") an alias for Walgreens drug stores in the US?

Thais have lots of words for happy .... "ยินดี" unfortunately is not one of them. Nobody I could imagine branding with "ยินดี" .... find better Thai names.

basicgravity
15th September 2012, 11:51 PM
Thank you for the advice. In any case I have the domain for the next 11 months.