PDA

View Full Version : verfügbar.com

Juicebox
29th September 2012, 04:09 PM
Google translate says "verfügbar" means "available" in German......
450,000 Global Monthly Searches according to Google.......
I would like to know what it's worth; thank you guys.....

PS, i would greatly appreciate it if a German or someone who knows the language describes exactly what "verfügbar" means........

29th September 2012, 05:32 PM
it means available. in that case the translation is correct.

not sure about the value but i don't think it is worth much

Juicebox
30th September 2012, 09:31 AM
Thank you 123..... But i do need a number though..... i repped you for your help.....

i need to make a decision on whether to hold on to it or auction it..... i think german idn's are in demand right now..... i think verfügbar.com has potential as a dating website or some thing similar..... so, i need a number.....

alpha
30th September 2012, 09:45 AM
@ JuiceBox

1. assume I am not arrogant.
2. assume I know what you do not.
3. assume I am genuinely helping you for free.
4. your domain is worth nothing unless you develop it into a website.
5. assume I am about to tell you the most important piece of information regarding domain names

You first need to learn what makes a domain valuable. Watching what you are registering and trying to sell, you clearly do not know. Until you know this, you are guessing. Guessing will cost you money. You will keep spending this money until you run out. Then you will lose interest. Then you will give up on domaining.

This forum assumes you know a little about what makes a domain valuable.

I am going to give you some tough love.

I am going to suspend your membership here for 7 days. In those 7 days, please register at Dnforum.com and read as much of the Newbie subforum as you can.

I look forward to seeing you again, and I look forward to bidding on your auctions in future.

bumblebee man
30th September 2012, 09:13 PM
It means available and it was available for a reason.

blackpower
1st October 2012, 10:51 AM
Germans don't like .com
European arrogance, I guess

tar
1st October 2012, 11:12 AM
Germans don't like .com

really ? there are so many German reported sales in .com and .net ...

1st October 2012, 12:05 PM
really ? there are so many German reported sales in .com and .net

yes but .com is worth far less in german than .de.

.de more popular

just like in english there are many .org sales but .org will never be as valuable as .com

i don't know that reasons for this, i don't think it's arrogance.

I think the germans got used to to .de and view the .com as the extension for international sites because so many english speaking sites use .com

yanni
1st October 2012, 12:37 PM
Germans don't like .com

?
Why is preferring your country's cctld over .com, arrogant?

bumblebee man
1st October 2012, 01:06 PM
?
Why is preferring your country's cctld over .com, arrogant?

Like usual this guy is talking out of his arse.

Still wondering what could be more arrogant than constantly making comments about people / places you know shit about.

blackpower
1st October 2012, 05:11 PM
Like usual this guy is talking out of his arse.

Still wondering what could be more arrogant than constantly making comments about people / places you know shit about.

BB,
I am returning the insult.
As far as I am concerned, you are one big arse yourself.
Moreover, an Arse who thinks of itself as Investor!
Don't be more ridiculous than you already are

squirrel
1st October 2012, 05:24 PM
chill pill everyone. That's way too much action for a Juicebox thread

alpha
1st October 2012, 05:29 PM
actually I think you'll find it's got nothing to do with European arrogance; .de like .co.uk I think you'll find started off deregulated, so the timing was right for it to grow massively in registrations as the internet grew.
other ccTLDs that were heavily regulated didn't do so well, and .com became the favorite.. and today if the regulation was removed.. well it's too late; .com is too ingrained.

someone wrote a detailed write up on this.. a blog post or thread on that ccTLD forum, I can't recall.

DktoInc
1st October 2012, 06:17 PM
chill pill everyone. That's way too much action for a Juicebox thread
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8C2ngNS-to57Pj_Og8hU-t_D9E9pDDXnCtpPHenXC3G5giHde68NCm5zL (http://www.google.com/imgres?q=this+is+sparta&start=335&um=1&hl=ru&sa=N&biw=1280&bih=778&addh=36&tbm=isch&tbnid=kZZ4NXwh32FL4M:&imgrefurl=http://www.superbwallpapers.com/meme/this-is-sparta-8948/&docid=Jh5ijI0O0U8Z0M&imgurl=http://www.superbwallpapers.com/wallpapers/meme/this-is-sparta-8948-2560x1600.jpg&w=2560&h=1600&ei=Ut1pUPf-MIf50gH1zoGwCA&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=555&sig=103390766862987993266&page=12&tbnh=127&tbnw=203&ndsp=32&ved=1t:429,r:27,s:335,i:286&tx=91&ty=24)

Drewbert
1st October 2012, 11:51 PM
actually I think you'll find it's got nothing to do with European arrogance; .de like .co.uk I think you'll find started off deregulated, so the timing was right for it to grow massively in registrations as the internet grew.
other ccTLDs that were heavily regulated didn't do so well, and .com became the favorite.

Exactly. In the early days only a company could register a .nl

That made the guys at V3 very rich.