PDA

View Full Version : ParkingCrew 0-1 cent clicks!!

Muhammad Mustafa
1st November 2012, 02:09 PM
Is it only me who gets 0 cent clicks up to quarter, half and a maximum of 1 cent clicks in ParkingCrew for his IDNs or its the ongoing rate there??

I read about ParkingCrew $44's click days ago, and can't really judge if its my names or PC rates, hence I've been with bodis for long and just moved some of my names to PC almost days ago for test purpose...

Within Bodis I used to get 10-50 cents a click with average 15-20% CTR
Within ParkingCrew I now get .5-1 cent a click with an average 50-70% CTR for the same names...

Any thoughts??

blackpower
1st November 2012, 03:04 PM
Is it only me who gets 0 cent clicks up to quarter, half and a maximum of 1 cent clicks in ParkingCrew for his IDNs or its the ongoing rate there??

I read about ParkingCrew $44's click days ago, and can't really judge if its my names or PC rates, hence I've been with bodis for long and just moved some of my names to PC almost days ago for test purpose...

Within ParkingCrew I now get .5-1 cent a click with an average 50-70% CTR for the same names...

Any thoughts??
I still monitor PC... My revenue was very good first month I parked but now is declining

alpha
1st November 2012, 03:11 PM
PC works well for Japanese, not so sure about other languages.

jose
1st November 2012, 04:15 PM
Blocking my 캄보디아.com because it's a TM. Yeah, right...

Steve Clarke
1st November 2012, 04:56 PM
I found that the Japanese paid very well...but the other languages, not so much, that was last year, don't know if that changed.
Had better traffic this month, but a fair bit less revenue, than last month.

domainguru
1st November 2012, 05:24 PM
Blocking my 캄보디아.com because it's a TM. Yeah, right...

ParkingCrew don't block. Google block. If you don't believe me, move it to a different parking company .... all ParkingCrew do is clearly demonstrate blocked domains whilst other parking companies hide the fact, that' a good thing in my book.

domainguru
1st November 2012, 05:27 PM

Any thoughts??

Yep, they explain it in on their site. .5-1 cent click with very high CTR sounds amazingly like blocked domains. Look at the "?" symbol next to the CTR column and you will see the explanation.

You can check if the domain is blocked by Google very simply at ParkingCrew. Just hit the 'folders' link.

dnnames
1st November 2012, 10:45 PM
Since everybody is saying to give ParkingCrew a go with Japanese, I think I will. Anybody have a referral link they want to send me? I'll follow the first one that goes through to my PM.

Thanks!

Muhammad Mustafa
2nd November 2012, 05:09 PM
Thanks everyone for your inputs, PC reminds me of Sedo where I keep making *shit* for my domains, moving out to Bodis again, gonna give it a try with some Japanese and see how it works...

Just an advice for those who didn't tried Bodis yet, move some IDNs their and give it a try!

alpha
2nd November 2012, 05:46 PM
Just an advice for those who didn't tried Bodis yet, move some IDNs their and give it a try!

or try above.com

you can hard code your Japanese to PC
and let everything else get tested amongst all the other parking companies on rotation via above.com

yanni
2nd November 2012, 05:54 PM
Thanks everyone for your inputs, PC reminds me of Sedo where I keep making *shit* for my domains, moving out to Bodis again, gonna give it a try with some Japanese and see how it works...

Arabic generally does well at Bodis.

As for ParkingCrew if anyone has French IDNs, you might try them there. CTR is way better than at Sedo (so far).

Muhammad Mustafa
2nd November 2012, 06:26 PM
or try above.com

you can hard code your Japanese to PC
and let everything else get tested amongst all the other parking companies on rotation via above.com

Didn't tried above before, gonna give it a try, thanks for the suggestion :)

Arabic generally does well at Bodis.

As for ParkingCrew if anyone has French IDNs, you might try them there. CTR is way better than at Sedo (so far).

PC CTR can never be compared with Sedo (or any other!) so far, the highest CTR for me, but in the matter of revenue, both are the same so far, I am getting much much better CPC in bodis for Arabic and other languages as well as for ASCII too...

alpha
2nd November 2012, 06:54 PM
Didn't tried above before, gonna give it a try, thanks for the suggestion :)

a word of warning, it can take a long time for it to find the best performing parking provider; but it will eventually find it. I made the mistake of assuming it would find ParkingCrew for all my Japanese domains, but after a few weeks of waiting I hardcoded them in the above interface.

Edwin
2nd November 2012, 09:46 PM
I've just signed up with PC to test their system on our Japanese IDN. Will report back in a few days once revenue stats show up, but so far the CTR is about 40% higher than I was seeing on wixi.jp.

Of course, CTR is (pretty much) irrelevant - parking companies win or lose on how much cash winds up in your pocket for a given time period. Fingers crossed!

Edwin
11th November 2012, 07:16 AM
I've just signed up with PC to test their system on our Japanese IDN. Will report back in a few days once revenue stats show up, but so far the CTR is about 40% higher than I was seeing on wixi.jp.

Of course, CTR is (pretty much) irrelevant - parking companies win or lose on how much cash winds up in your pocket for a given time period. Fingers crossed!

And the jury's in. I'm not going to go into precise numbers, but ParkingCrew revenue is MUCH higher than wixi.jp revenue, at least for my portfolio. We're not talking a few % here or there, we're talking about game-changing differences (when doing the renewal costs vs parking metric)

So if you have strong Japanese generics, try ParkingCrew. You might be surprised. I know I was!

alpha
11th November 2012, 07:39 AM
And the jury's in. I'm not going to go into precise numbers, but ParkingCrew revenue is MUCH higher than wixi.jp revenue, at least for my portfolio. We're not talking a few % here or there, we're talking about game-changing differences (when doing the renewal costs vs parking metric)

So if you have strong Japanese generics, try ParkingCrew. You might be surprised. I know I was!

thanks for sharing Edwin, good to see you're a convert too.

thegenius1
11th November 2012, 12:57 PM
Does PC have an affiliate program ?

alpha
11th November 2012, 01:13 PM
Does PC have an affiliate program ?

Yes

clipper
12th November 2012, 09:39 AM
Another PC convert here.

After years of being lazy and never getting around to it, I decided to move all of my Japanese and Chinese names over to PC from ND on 11/1.

Results: one month's revenue (total, including some high-traffic Russians and Arabics that I didn't move) at ND was achieved within 7 days at PC (JP and CN/ZH only).

The last few days things have calmed down considerably, but it's only been two weeks, and I'll monitor my performance a little more closely from now on.

One thing I would like to see at PC is a "note" option, where you can add a note to a domain name that pops up when you hover over the name (very useful for adding translations and languages to domain names).

Wot
21st November 2012, 02:07 AM
Moved a few names to PC 4 days ago. So far 4 clicks all $ 0.00 revenue.

One good thing is that I can now park .中国,.香港 etc and see them in native language and not punycode.

I could neither park them at Bodis, and still only see punycode for my IDN.com,mainly Chinese, which I guess will now all be moved to PC.

jose
21st November 2012, 02:47 AM
Moved a couple of Japanese names to test it for a month. Very similar or worst than ND earnings. No CPC's to call home. Will be moving them back to ND.

Wot
21st November 2012, 08:24 AM
Wow, now 9 clicks $ 0.00 revenue!

Never had that anywhere!Not very encouraging.

alpha
21st November 2012, 08:26 AM

whats the domain? there will be a reason for that.

bumblebee man
21st November 2012, 08:34 AM

Never had that anywhere!Not very encouraging.

Blocked by Google? They blocked a keyword of mine which translates to "search engine". :lol:

Wot
21st November 2012, 08:39 AM
whats the domain? there will be a reason for that.

你懂的.com

alpha
21st November 2012, 08:52 AM
你懂的.com

it's Chinese. all my Chinese does crap, no matter where I park it.

I thought you were talking about a Japanese domain, that's where PC really shines

alpha
21st November 2012, 08:58 AM
Moved a couple of Japanese names to test it for a month. Very similar or worst than ND earnings. No CPC's to call home. Will be moving them back to ND.

My experience is that they pay out less per click on average. But for short generic Japanese terms, they benefit from the "type-in", and the good mobile lander, and thus the CTR is very high, over 40% usually.

so the moral to this story is, if you have strong short Japanese generics, park them at PC because you will make much more $ because of the much higher CTR you will get anywhere else. But if you have long tail names, you'll likely do better elsewhere.

Wot
21st November 2012, 09:01 AM
it's Chinese. all my Chinese does crap, no matter where I park it.

I thought you were talking about a Japanese domain, that's where PC really shines

I am getting $20pm on one Chinese parked at Bodis but by far the exception.

thegenius1
21st November 2012, 03:53 PM
My experience is that they pay out less per click on average. But for short generic Japanese terms, they benefit from the "type-in", and the good mobile lander, and thus the CTR is very high, over 40% usually.

so the moral to this story is, if you have strong short Japanese generics, park them at PC because you will make much more $ because of the much higher CTR you will get anywhere else. But if you have long tail names, you'll likely do better elsewhere.

Where are you finding your Longtails are performing better at ?

alpha
21st November 2012, 04:01 PM
Where are you finding your Longtails are performing better at ?

there is no single provider.

The best advice I can give is this:

get an account at above.com
load it up with your usual parking providers: Bodis, Frank, Voodoo, ND, PC, Rook etc
organize your domains into folder by language
then hardcode your Japanese folder to only ParkingCrew, with the other folders set to cycle between all parking providers

after 2-3 months, each domain will settle down and find the best performing provider. But 2-3months is a lot of lost revenue for high performing Japanese domains, which I why I suggest you hardcode them to PC, and then after 1 month, move the non-performing Japanese (likely to be longtail), to a different folder that cycles amongst all providers, just like the non-Japanese folders.

The mistake I made originally was to let Above figure out that PC was the best provider for Japanese, it took ages, and my revenue tanked... hence the additional step above.

lesson over. Invoice is in the mail.

thegenius1
21st November 2012, 04:24 PM
there is no single provider.

The best advice I can give is this:

get an account at above.com
load it up with your usual parking providers: Bodis, Frank, Voodoo, ND, PC, Rook etc
organize your domains into folder by language
then hardcode your Japanese folder to only ParkingCrew, with the other folders set to cycle between all parking providers

after 2-3 months, each domain will settle down and find the best performing provider. But 2-3months is a lot of lost revenue for high performing Japanese domains, which I why I suggest you hardcode them to PC, and then after 1 month, move the non-performing Japanese (likely to be longtail), to a different folder that cycles amongst all providers, just like the non-Japanese folders.

The mistake I made originally was to let Above figure out that PC was the best provider for Japanese, it took ages, and my revenue tanked... hence the additional step above.

lesson over. Invoice is in the mail.

Makes Cents :)

Anybody have any idea how many keywords that PC uses for optimization ?

squirrel
21st November 2012, 04:41 PM
Any of you guys tried ParkLogic ? I'm under the impression that it's much more advanced than Above. For example Michael Gilmour said ParkLogic would "learn" which keywords yielded the best performance at parkingprovider1 and then use the same keywords when testing traffic at other parkingproviders.

Wot
14th December 2012, 03:33 AM
Uniques 500 Clicks 136 Revenue $ 0.83

alpha
14th December 2012, 04:01 AM
Uniques 500 Clicks 136 Revenue $ 0.83

is that domain in the blocked folder? https://www.parkingcrew.com/manage.php?mode=manageparkeddomains&smode=folder

domainguru
14th December 2012, 04:53 AM
fwiw, my parkingcrew income has been in serious decline the last week. And I mean back to "joke values" from years back. And these aren't google blocked domains.

It could just be a "fluke", I'll leave it a few more days, but if it continues beyond that, I won't have any domains left at PC.

Rubber Duck
14th December 2012, 09:15 AM
Fairly steady here, just broke the £10K barrier since joining in June.

Japanese seems to have dropped off a bit, but we did have one click confirmed today at just short of $30.

Wot
14th December 2012, 09:17 AM
Fairly steady here, just broke the £10K barrier since joining in June.

Japanese seems to have dropped off a bit, but we did have one click confirmed today at just short of $30.

None blocked and still waiting to pass the $1 barrier since Nov 1 :rolleyes:

Rubber Duck
14th December 2012, 09:23 AM
None blocked and still waiting to pass the $1 barrier since Nov 1 :rolleyes:

You probably sold all the good stuff! :lol:

Wot
14th December 2012, 11:26 AM
You probably sold all the good stuff! :lol:

Never had any,it was confirmed they were all crap by a senior member.

welkin
14th December 2012, 01:08 PM
I am getting $20pm on one Chinese parked at Bodis but by far the exception.

Sure the bulk of that revenue isn't from Japanese clicks? Or at least outside the mainland?

Wot
14th December 2012, 11:10 PM
Sure the bulk of that revenue isn't from Japanese clicks? Or at least outside the mainland?

100% China

Edwin
15th December 2012, 06:51 AM
My PC stats haven't really dipped since I joined 42 days ago. Two of the last three days for which stats have updated are in the overall top 10 best days. Current run rate is more than 2x the renewal costs of our IDN portfolio (PC is the first parking provider ever to break the psychological "renewal" line).

bumblebee man
15th December 2012, 09:36 AM
My PC stats haven't really dipped since I joined 42 days ago. Two of the last three days for which stats have updated are in the overall top 10 best days. Current run rate is more than 2x the renewal costs of our IDN portfolio (PC is the first parking provider ever to break the psychological "renewal" line).

Congrats! Your portfolio is 100% Japanese, isn't it?

Edwin
15th December 2012, 11:27 AM
Congrats! Your portfolio is 100% Japanese, isn't it?

Yes it is.

Rubber Duck
15th December 2012, 11:50 AM
Yes, Japan is one of two success stories.

With Japanese the traffic is not great, but because the address system is so broken individual clicks are worth a shed load of money. Expect that to be heavily impacted when the traffic final explodes.

With Arabic Cost per Click is modest but respectable. Traffic levels are, however, stunning. We are consistent getting 5K uniques per day and more three quarters of that is Arabic.

There is significant traffic on Russian but Google have banned a good deal of those and those they are serving get rather pathetic cost per clicks.

There is traffic coming out of China but earnings are negligible.

But don't lose heart, things change. They have changed before and they will change again. Most likely for the better.

ParkingCrew
17th December 2012, 10:32 AM
Hi Guys,

our apologies for not jumping into this thread any earlier, we somehow didn't get the notification.

Thanks to all of you for already pointing out the most important issues:

-Very high CTR coupled with very low CPC usually indicates a domain is blocked by our upstream feed provider and sold on a zero-click basis (thus a CTR close to 100% with CPC being lower than usual).This is indicated by the domain being in the virtual folder blocked

-Chinese traffic is very hard to monetize

-Japan is one of our strongest markets and we would be happy to help you excel in this market as well

Cheers
ParkingCrew Support

Rubber Duck
17th December 2012, 10:55 AM
I think what most of us needs to happen is for somebody to reverse the damage done by some fuckwit at Google that started blocking IDN en mass, probably out of pure ignorance, before he was thankfully stopped.

This is costing you, us and even Google substantial amounts of money, and the amounts involved are likely to increase dramatically along with a surge hopefully massive in IDN traffic in the near future.

Hi Guys,

our apologies for not jumping into this thread any earlier, we somehow didn't get the notification.

Thanks to all of you for already pointing out the most important issues:

-Very high CTR coupled with very low CPC usually indicates a domain is blocked by our upstream feed provider and sold on a zero-click basis (thus a CTR close to 100% with CPC being lower than usual).This is indicated by the domain being in the virtual folder blocked

-Chinese traffic is very hard to monetize

-Japan is one of our strongest markets and we would be happy to help you excel in this market as well

Cheers
ParkingCrew Support

ParkingCrew
17th December 2012, 11:05 AM
Do you have any insight as to when that mass blocking happened?

Cheers
ParkingCrew Support

Rubber Duck
17th December 2012, 11:37 AM
Do you have any insight as to when that mass blocking happened?

Cheers
ParkingCrew Support

From Memory, it was a month or so before I joined Parking Crew, so probably April 2012.

There was a thread on here. A lot of people were complaining. I was with Namedrive at that time.

To be fair they did manage to get a few unblocked, but by that time I was getting much better revenue at Parking Crew, so I moved everything.

ParkingCrew
17th December 2012, 11:38 AM
Thanks a lot for the feedback. We will inquire about this and see if we can find out more about it.

Rubber Duck
17th December 2012, 11:44 AM
Thisi is the related thread:

http://www.idnforums.com/forums/31534-blocked-by-google-parked-domains-3.html

We have about 320 domains blocked.

Difficult to know why, because we did not do Development or SEO or any other kind of bizarre stuff. We simply parked them.

The only explaination that make sense to me is that somebody at Google was seeing Punycode, didn't have a clue what IDN were and assumed that it must be a scam.

ParkingCrew
17th December 2012, 12:16 PM
Thanks a lot for the information! We will see what we can do.

Cheers
ParkingCrew Support

Rubber Duck
17th December 2012, 12:23 PM
Thanks a lot for the information! We will see what we can do.

Cheers
ParkingCrew Support

Thank you.