PDA

View Full Version : .рф auction - one year later

squirrel
12th November 2012, 03:54 AM
http://domenforum.net/showthread.php?t=137888

can someone translate and post a summary here ?

Rubber Duck
12th November 2012, 05:56 AM
Bascially, they are say dot RF never got developed and therefore is a bust.

Of course they are talking their own book, dot RU.

No mention of the dot KOM.

Avtal
17th November 2012, 12:46 AM
I've been meaning to get to this for a while. Keep in mind that I developed my Russian vocabulary in the 1980s, mostly by reading Pravda. Which means that I could probably do a pretty good job of translating Chernenko's collected speeches, but Internet forums are a different matter...

A few interesting nuggets, by post #:

#1: From last year (Dec 14 2011), a list of the most expensive .рф sites and their current status. Google translate does a pretty good job on this.

#3: Expensive domains require expensive sites, which take a long time to build. And the domain owner would not rush to build a site until the ownership of the domain is settled.

#11: Replying to suggestions that the .рф auctions were faked for the sake of hype, this poster claims that he participated in many of those auctions, and the prices were real.

#12: An update: The 24,000,000 ruble fine that was levied against RU-Center by the Russian Anti-Monopoly Service was overturned by the courts.

#14: Screenshot of one of the auctions. The poster notices that the two top bidders had consecutive bidder numbers, which seems suspicious. He says that mass media reported that one domain sold for about half a million dollars; he doesn't know which one (he thought квартира.рф or квартиры.рф, but they are still owned by RU-Center).

#15: (From Feb 12, 2012): RU-Center is currently auctioning бытовая-техника.рф. Highest bid is 13,285 dollars. This was originally purchased (according to post #1) for 42,000 dollars.

#16: Perhaps the original purchase (see post #15) fell through.

#19: (May 18) What is the source of the list in post #1?

#20: (Sept 5) OP: I participated in most of those auctions.

#21: (Nov 5, 2012) цемент.рф is now a dummy site. And the same people who bought цемент.рф at auction later bought бетон.рф from a domainer, possibly for 40,000 dollars, no wait, for 7,000 dollars. Then a list of 5 sites (and a 6th site at the end of the post) that seem to have gone live. He has seen ads for кондиционеры.рф on the sides of mini-buses.

#22: Two of the sites in post #21 are garbage sites (ГС, short for г*вносайт, a term that definitely would not have appeared in Pravda in the 1980s), but the remainder are normal.

#24: The listed site was never purchased; it still is held by RU-Center.

---

Hope that helps.

Avtal

squirrel
17th November 2012, 02:29 PM
Many thanks Avtal