PDA

View Full Version : PreOrdering / Watchlist - will you or not

oldguy
17th December 2012, 04:03 AM
enom has a watchlist where you can add in your names and they will alert you when you can pre-order for Landrush mode.

I see one registrar already taking pre-orders.

In April 2002 i had maybe 25 .us pre-ordered before the landrush and i picked up about 10, with the others simply not available. Someone may have pre-ordered sooner than i or maybe someone reviews those watchlist to cherry pick the better names. Am i just being paranoid? Do i worry too much?

Will you be using a registar's watchlist service or pre-order? Or will you keep your names under your hat until the landrush starts?

Your thoughts?

thegenius1
17th December 2012, 04:07 AM
:grim:

domainguru
17th December 2012, 08:29 AM
enom has a watchlist where you can add in your names and they will alert you when you can pre-order for Landrush mode.

I see one registrar already taking pre-orders.

In April 2002 i had maybe 25 .us pre-ordered before the landrush and i picked up about 10, with the others simply not available. Someone may have pre-ordered sooner than i or maybe someone reviews those watchlist to cherry pick the better names. Am i just being paranoid? Do i worry too much?

Will you be using a registar's watchlist service or pre-order? Or will you keep your names under your hat until the landrush starts?

Your thoughts?

No you aren't paranoid. The best names were cherry picked a long time ago.

If you are talking about ASCII new gTLDs, you are welcome to pre-order them with any and every registrar. A load of duped "domainers" will max out their credit cards on domains nobody will buy from them and regret it for the next 10 years afterwards.

Enjoy ;)

Wot
17th December 2012, 09:52 AM
.Wot?

bumblebee man
17th December 2012, 11:13 AM
If you are talking about ASCII new gTLDs, you are welcome to pre-order them with any and every registrar. A load of duped "domainers" will max out their credit cards on domains nobody will buy from them and regret it for the next 10 years afterwards.

It's even better. The best names of most .fails will be auctioned off by the registries. So the only ones you end up getting are the ones even the registries don't believe in. So you won't get ShinyPremium.crap but rather utter.crap. Not sure whether that makes an awful lot of a difference though. :lol:

o.c.
17th December 2012, 02:30 PM
Also the ones I saw "pre-registering" are letting you pre-register even though somebody already pre-registered. That must mean they are just crowd-sourcing their "to be auctioned" list.

domainguru
17th December 2012, 04:21 PM
Also the ones I saw "pre-registering" are letting you pre-register even though somebody already pre-registered. That must mean they are just crowd-sourcing their "to be auctioned" list.

Of course. Its services designed for idiots to use, and they will .....

oldguy
17th December 2012, 05:50 PM
you won't get ShinyPremium.crap but rather utter.crap

Thanks to all for sharing - i like this explanation best :)

bwhhisc
17th December 2012, 11:30 PM
Thanks to all for sharing - i like this explanation best :)

Maybe you should consider investing in IDNs. ;)