PDA

View Full Version : Dot.egypt(IDN) open public registrations

g
10th January 2013, 12:46 PM
they opened 3rd stage registrations for public without any need for any documents or papers
you can try it here
https://register.bil3araby.net

I called them and first time I hear an arabic support phone call for domain names :-D

I registered few names but not able to park them yet ... waiting for a new account at parking crew

I was able to register com(IDN).egypt(IDN)
كوم.مصر

and I think it will be confusing with egypt(IDN).com(IDN)
مصر.كوم

it was fast and smooth registeration. however their control panel is not advanced . it needs much development.
registration fees 100 LE about 15$ per year ... it is the same even if you registered 5 years

congratulations for all egyptians and IDNers

and shame on namedrive for not allowing parking of IDNdot.IDNs

There are still tons of good names for grap , however there are no advertisements to get the attention of people

good luck everyone :)

alexd
10th January 2013, 02:14 PM
Not so easy to create an account. It wants me to put my name, address etc in Arabic letters !!

Ben
10th January 2013, 02:33 PM
The website doesn’t work for me, just says “Checking…” under the availability when I try to search, maybe it’s under heavy load.

Jay
10th January 2013, 02:37 PM
The website doesn’t work for me, just says “Checking…” under the availability when I try to search, maybe it’s under heavy load.

Same here. That only started happening about 15 mins ago.

Steve Clarke
10th January 2013, 02:38 PM
The name and address, I used translate...but I couldn't figure out the phone # configuration.
Some very good names are available tho.
I guess I'll just concentrate on what I already have...I'd like to grab a few, but I'm stretched pretty good, as it is!

Muhammad Mustafa
10th January 2013, 05:06 PM
By yesterday, link have regged most or top ones, some gems still available :)

For whomever have problems registering an account, just PM me with your Email you wanna reg with and I'll register an account for you and send you the info :)

g
10th January 2013, 05:20 PM
there are problems reported while using browser internet explorer

firefox and chrome sounds ok

I had the problem of freezing at "checking"... may be because of heavy load
just try again another time

I will try to call them concerning address in arabic letters .. They do not know that many foreigners are interested to register :-D

g
10th January 2013, 05:29 PM
By yesterday, link have regged most or top ones, some gems still available :)

linknet is the registrar ... all domains have linknet information as registrar ... they are registered by different users through linknet

however there are some names reserved or not allowed to be registered

alibuba
10th January 2013, 05:33 PM
Can we track registration rate. Im very curious how many are taken already. Has it been a rush like dot ru?

Muhammad Mustafa
10th January 2013, 05:38 PM
linknet is the registrar ... all domains have linknet information as registrar ... they are registered by different users through linknet

however there are some names reserved or not allowed to be registered

I know mate, I am talking about names really taken by Link itself, like news one :)

Glasson
10th January 2013, 08:24 PM
Thanks for posting this information about .eg IDN

1) to register install yamli.com firefox add-on: when you type your name in ascii it will be transliterated to arabic.

2) email is the key to manage the account and this stays in ascii of course

3) for the phone number: at the bottom of the page there is the phone number of LINK registrar (under Voice & before facsimile). Use it as template to fill in the field (you have to fight the pain by pain).

PS: what I did not find is how to manage the domains (modify nameserver etc...). Any hints guys?

alexd
10th January 2013, 08:43 PM
Firstly, I'd like to say a huge thanks to Muhammad for helping me set up an account so I could register some domains.

In reply to Glasson about managing the nameservers, I think you need to click on the specific domain name in your account that you want to modify, and then you will see a link that says "Edit nameservers" and from there you can make your changes.

Alex

AWS
10th January 2013, 10:11 PM
Due to Muhammads help i was also able to get some nice domains.

Thanks for that!

What have you got? Whats your "best" name?

Glasson
10th January 2013, 10:53 PM
In reply to Glasson about managing the nameservers, I think you need to click on the specific domain name in your account that you want to modify, and then you will see a link that says "Edit nameservers" and from there you can make your changes.

Alex

thanks for the answer.

Jay
11th January 2013, 06:05 AM
What have you got? Whats your "best" name?

Maybe لعبة.com (game). The plural version (العاب) got snapped up early.

alexd
11th January 2013, 01:15 PM

One that I managed to register was الالعاب.مصر (the games)

I still get totally confused with Arabic domains - I think its one of the IDN languages where you really need to be a native speaker to make sure you get the right domain.

Fka200
11th January 2013, 06:06 PM
I know mate, I am talking about names really taken by Link itself, like news one :)

They took a couple... ran into some of them. بنات, سفر, اخبار

chrisofmel
11th January 2013, 06:35 PM

yes this is the prime version العاب
7,450,000 exact

Steve Clarke
12th January 2013, 12:10 AM
Could be the start of something GREAT! :yes:

Steve Clarke
12th January 2013, 12:25 AM
I would be interesting to know, how many were registered.

Judging, by the quality, that was available, I imagine there were quite a few, regged, from the members here.

How Many did you Register?

I regged 7, myself.

Jay
12th January 2013, 02:27 AM
How Many did you Register?

I regged 7, myself.

I regged 10. But with one of them, جيريمي نورثكوت, they won't let me add nameservers, so it's a lame duck. It's now officially an unregistered name even though it's sitting in my account. No cigar for guessing why.

clipper
12th January 2013, 02:38 AM
I still get totally confused with Arabic domains - I think its one of the IDN languages where you really need to be a native speaker to make sure you get the right domain.

+1

Arabic is a language where the location filter really helps when using GKT and Trends. I almost regged a term that had 100k exact searches, but less than a thousand from within Egypt.:eek:

alexd
12th January 2013, 09:00 AM
What would you guys consider to be a decent number for exact search matches within Egypt ?? I found some pretty decent names that I think are correct, but the exact match for within Egypt is only in the hundreds !!

I've noticed that quite a few that have been registered actually have very low exact matches with Google. For example, اونلاين ( online ) is registered but only has an exact match result of 170 !!

By the way - I registered 6 domains, but might have another look if there are any others I think are worth registering.

Alex

Glasson
12th January 2013, 09:45 AM
Checking location filter is very important as different spellings are sometines used in different countries. Example the word "club" (last letter is slightly different):
- in Egypt: نادى
- in Saudi Arabia: نادي
and you can see it in Trends.

I use both the "Competition" filter and the exact search match. For egypt I look for 50k and more.

clipper
12th January 2013, 10:24 AM
Found this in a lot of WHIOS records. Does it mean they are held by the registry, or is this the name of a private registerer:

Local Name: أرباحك للإستضافة
Google Translate: Earnings for the Host

???:eek:

clipper
12th January 2013, 10:30 AM
I've noticed that quite a few that have been registered actually have very low exact matches with Google. For example, اونلاين ( online ) is registered but only has an exact match result of 170 !!

An Egyptian native could probably explain this better but from a domaining perspective I'd call it a mistake just based on the numbers. From a developer's perspective it may be different.

I took these four with development in mind:
الافلام
موبايلات
دردشة
صحف
Any opinions would be appreciated.

g
12th January 2013, 11:32 AM
Found this in a lot of WHIOS records. Does it mean they are held by the registry, or is this the name of a private registerer:

Local Name: أرباحك للإستضافة
Google Translate: Earnings for the Host

???:eek:

I think it is a company called "your earnings" providing hosting services :)

Glasson
12th January 2013, 11:36 AM
I think it is a company called "your earnings" providing hosting services :)

right the company is arba7ak.net

AWS
12th January 2013, 12:45 PM
Got only four and a fith failed to register. Payment was made, but the domain isnt in my account :(

The best one i think is مدونة (Blog). Very happy about that.

alibuba
13th January 2013, 09:46 AM
I ran about 12 searches for really good to the best terms and only two were taken by link. I regged one, fly.egypt :-D

طيران.مصر

Lots available i think but i feel it wont be for long.

Again curious how we can find out how many have been regged and if they plan a advertising campaign?

Steve Clarke
13th January 2013, 12:34 PM
Changed nameservers, and moved mine over to ParkingCrew, a couple of days ago...but their not resolving properly.

Glasson
13th January 2013, 12:45 PM
Changed nameservers, and moved mine over to ParkingCrew, a couple of days ago...but their not resolving properly.

Mine are resolving properly.
I noticed in the one in your signature that there is a space between the name and the dot:
- it should be تأمين.مصر
and I see a space between the name and the dot (even in the URL bar)

PS: i entered the punycode in the URL, and I still see this small space

Steve Clarke
13th January 2013, 02:36 PM
Thanks, for the heads-up Buddy!

Glasson
14th January 2013, 04:07 PM
Some information regarding the dot.egypt(IDN):

- if you have registered a name that ends with "ى" you get automatically the version of the same name which ends with "ي" (and vice versa). It's also automatically activated and resolves to same site.

- if you have registered a name with numbers it also automatically registers the name with the arabic number (1,2,3,... and١,٢,٣,...).

- in 2 days about 1'000 names were registered.

Source (in arabic): http://www.dotmasr.eg/

g
14th January 2013, 04:31 PM
Some information regarding the dot.egypt(IDN):

- if you have registered a name that ends with "ى" you get automatically the version of the same name which ends with "ي" (and vice versa). It's also automatically activated and resolves to same site.

- if you have registered a name with numbers it also automatically registers the name with the arabic number (1,2,3,... and١,٢,٣,...).

- in 2 days about 1'000 names were registered.

Source (in arabic): http://www.dotmasr.eg/

where is the source , I read arabic but I can not find it :confused:

Glasson
14th January 2013, 04:42 PM
where is the source , I read arabic but I can not find it :confused:

under the FAQ: http://www.dotmasr.eg/FAQ_Ar.aspx

General policy: http://www.dotmasr.eg/Files/08012012/GeneralPolicy.pdf

g
14th January 2013, 07:28 PM
thanks but where it says that 2000 domains registered in 2 days!

Glasson
14th January 2013, 08:59 PM
thanks but where it says that 2000 domains registered in 2 days!

source is from someone working at registry.
1'000 in 2 days.

Man
14th January 2013, 11:59 PM
I was surprised when i knew it few days ago by chance
Many good names are already taken
They should have announced the opening earlier :(

g
15th January 2013, 12:44 PM
I was surprised when i knew it few days ago by chance
Many good names are already taken
They should have announced the opening earlier :(

you are right ,I found it by chance

but I think that they did not expect much popularity

Muhammad Mustafa
15th January 2013, 03:56 PM
In case any of you guys still looking to register an account and have problems with phone number, use this as a template:
0122xxxxxxx
or
0111xxxxxxx
or
0100xxxxxxx
replace x with any random number and it should work OK...

Man
19th January 2013, 03:02 PM
you are right ,I found it by chance

but I think that they did not expect much popularity

I was thinking that they won't allow public registration as long as we're in unstable conditions.

But still I got few good ones :)

Anyway, What are your expectations?

Muhammad Mustafa
13th February 2013, 02:55 PM
Received this today:

Dear Valued customer,

We are glad to announce our new DNS records management within your dotMASR web interface
Any new/existing customers with registered domains could have a DNS manager to control their DNS records from inside their domain setup window.

In order to activate your DNS management, please complete the following steps: through https://register.bil3araby.net/

1. Domain windows, click on edit nameservers

2. Then click on use our nameservers

3. Once you’ve completed the above steps, you will be able to edit your DNS records

Please do not hesitate to contact us in case of any further assistance.

Thank you,
LINK Datacenter Support

Glasson
28th June 2013, 04:54 PM
I got recently some strange transactions on my credit-card from LINK Misr (register.bil3araby.net) dated 10 June and domains were bought in January 2013.
I will cancel all these transactions immediately.

Can you guys check on your side if you have similar thing?

Steve Clarke
28th June 2013, 05:26 PM
same here...sent them an email.
They want a copy of the transaction and will cancel it upon receipt, which I will be doing later today.

Jay
28th June 2013, 05:55 PM
I did as well. I checked my January c/c transactions and didn't see any for LINK Misr, so I just assumed that these were delayed disbursements. Do you have any earlier transactions from them?

AWS
28th June 2013, 08:33 PM
I did as well. I checked my January c/c transactions and didn't see any for LINK Misr, so I just assumed that these were delayed disbursements.

Same here...

Steve Clarke
29th June 2013, 02:32 AM
Same here...

Just checked past few months...looks like the same thing here, as well.

g
29th June 2013, 09:22 PM
at registration I used a credit card which is now expired

so I am not sure if they were trying to deduct any money from an old card

Glasson
30th June 2013, 09:35 AM
I got this email today:
"Dear Sir,
Thanks for contacting DotMasr Support, kindly note that all those transactions will be refunded back to your credit, as they are failed transcations that were performed by you during the initial purchase. However we have never claimed them. But though some banks have set them as auto-captured.
We are communicating with the bank to refund all the failed transactions, and will update you once we got their confirmation"

Failed transactions performed by me?