PDA

View Full Version : .net vs. IDN.com?

JamesD
1st February 2013, 03:09 PM
According to DNJ, cakes.net sold for $3,600 this past week, which made me wonder as to the value of our name of the same meaning - เค้ก.com

Where would you put the value of the Thai name in relation to the ASCII .net - less / more / same?

Ben
1st February 2013, 03:29 PM
I don't think เค้ก.com will ever be worth as much as cakes.net.

thegenius1
1st February 2013, 03:38 PM
I don't think เค้ก.com will ever be worth as much as cakes.net.

Meaning its real worth ? Or 3.6k ... I'm not a big .net fam but I think they could have got more for that.

Sheesh look at this sale...

RTB.net $18,000 Sedo 1/16/13

Ofcourse we don't know why someone dropped 18k on this but I would think cakes.net is worth more then RTB in a perfect world.

bumblebee man
1st February 2013, 03:56 PM
cakes wasn't an end user sale. It was bought by a resller.

1st February 2013, 04:00 PM
According to DNJ, cakes.net sold for $3,600 this past week, which made me wonder as to the value of our name of the same meaning - เค้ก.com

Where would you put the value of the Thai name in relation to the ASCII .net - less / more / same?

was this an end-user sale? 3.6k isn't much IMO.

It is often said .net = 1/10 of .com.

What would cakes.com be worth?

In my opinion ascii.net (english) is worth more than IDN.com in thai

JamesD
1st February 2013, 04:09 PM
The IDN.com (along with the corresponding IDN.IDN) is the best name for purpose in an admitedly small market, whereas the .net will never be the best name for purpose in any market.

IdnHost
1st February 2013, 06:21 PM
In my opinion ascii.net (english) is worth more than IDN.com in thai

With all due respect, you are comparing apples to oranges.

welkin
3rd February 2013, 11:37 PM
It's possible that IDNs and the flood of new gTLDs could drive down the value of all extensions except .com and ccTLDs, if that happens Thai IDN.com might be worth more than ascii.net.

domainguru
4th February 2013, 01:52 AM
It's possible that IDNs and the flood of new gTLDs could drive down the value of all extensions except .com and ccTLDs, if that happens Thai IDN.com might be worth more than ascii.net.

There is also cake.net in English to dilute / compete with cakes.net

Nouns don't have plural forms in Thai, so เค้ก.com is in reality a "package" of cake.com and cakes.com