PDA

View Full Version : IDNtools - Cherry on the top please

alpha
29th May 2006, 08:19 AM
Bram: Is it possible to add Bid lookup functionality to IDntools?

the emphasis on this forum recently has definately shifted away from overture and towards bids - I think if you could add this, it would make a good tool great.

personally I would like to see number of bids, 1st bid, 2nd bid returned in the results.

thoughts please.

mulligan
29th May 2006, 08:47 AM
I was just thinking that...
Dont know if the 'enter the code you see' thingy can be bypassed

alpha
29th May 2006, 09:08 AM
I was just thinking that...
Dont know if the 'enter the code you see' thingy can be bypassed

there must be a backdoor way in to get this, I have seen another bulk bid tool advertised, so it must be possible.

touchring
29th May 2006, 10:33 AM
Yes, does anyone know of a bulk ovt checker that supports unicode? I know idntool has one, but it often time out if there are more than 50 terms. I wouldn't mind paying for ovt api costs, etc.

bramiozo
29th May 2006, 12:01 PM
I already started with that a while ago, I put it back in the closet because I couldn't by-pass the Turing number. I have an idea on how to by-pass it but I am not sure how "legal" this is, it's like hopping over a fence which is meant to keep people out.

The ovt-tool shouldn't time out anymore, did you have this problem recently ?
(US ovt can be consistentyl extracted at a rate of 6 results per second)

I remember to have promised Nick (zsman) to add the option of sorting the bulk status checker by availability, that promise is way due so I have to sort that first.

MDM
29th May 2006, 01:52 PM
Yes, does anyone know of a bulk ovt checker that supports unicode? I know idntool has one, but it often time out if there are more than 50 terms. I wouldn't mind paying for ovt api costs, etc.

Hey can you share what's the idntool that has time out problems?

bramiozo
29th May 2006, 02:37 PM
That would be the one in my sig ;) .

thegenius1
29th May 2006, 03:16 PM
I already started with that a while ago, I put it back in the closet because I couldn't by-pass the Turing number. I have an idea on how to by-pass it but I am not sure how "legal" this is, it's like hopping over a fence which is meant to keep people out.

No wonder when me and a partner Put this up on A Coder Auction Site nobody wanted to Do it , I couldnt quite figuire it out , But we have tried to get this done months ago

alpha
29th May 2006, 06:20 PM

So what's your position on this?

The overture bid tool does have T&C's that ask you not to run automated scripts, but likewise I would be surprised if the Overture Keyword tool didn't as well, afterall they are only trying to protect their response times.

.. in for a penny, in for a pound i say...

bramiozo
29th May 2006, 09:59 PM
I have to decline, the terms & conditions are explicit, the overture tool has no restriction at all when it comes to scripts and I am in fact helping yahoo because once the numbers are in my db the db will be the source for any following query.