PDA

View Full Version : Japanese domain marketing

burnsinternet
29th May 2006, 08:19 AM
Anyone have an opinion on getting a mailing address in Japan that forwards mail to your address and even has an answering service for your company. Basically a virtual office in Japan? Is it a good idea? Which of these is a better address, if affirmative

http://virtualoffices.regus.com/

Nagoya Meieki Centre
9F Dai-san Horiuchi Building
4-6-23 Meieki
Nakamura-ku
Aichi 450-0002 Nagoya
Japan

Tokyo Ark Hills Centre
Ark Mori Building 12/F, 1-12-32
Akasaka, Minato-ku
107-6012 Tokyo
Japan

Tokyo Hibiya Centre
The Imperial Hotel Tower 15th Fl.
1-1-1 Uchisaiwaicho
Chiyoda-ku
100-0011 Tokyo
Japan

Tokyo Kamiyacho MT Building
Kamiyacho MT Building, 14th Floor
4-3-20 Toranomon
Minato-ku
105-0001 Tokyo
Japan

Tokyo Otemachi 1st Square
4/F East Tower
Otemachi First Square, 1-5-1
Otemachi, Chiyoda-ku
100-0004 Tokyo
Japan

Tokyo Shibuya Mark City
1/12/2001
Dogenzaka
Shibuya
150-0043 Tokyo
Japan

Tokyo Shinjuku Park Tower
Shinjuku Park Tower 30th Floor
3-7-1 Nishi-Shinjuku
Shinjuku-ku
163-1030 Tokyo
Japan

alpha
29th May 2006, 08:21 AM
Anyone have an opinion on getting a mailing address in Japan that forwards mail to your address and even has an answering service for your company. Basically a virtual office in Japan?

can I ask what you are trying to achieve?

burnsinternet
29th May 2006, 08:25 AM
In another thread, Touchring mentioned using a parking service that supports Japanese and with a "buy this domain" message in Japanese and a Tokyo contact us address. Would it increase buyer response or would it appear disingenuous?

touchring
29th May 2006, 08:29 AM
Yes, but it will be quite inefficient for us to get a regus address separately, it will be better if Olney or Edwin sets up this parking service with local contact, or we can use ND, or Sedo (they are setting up a Japan office aren't they? But their interface, arrggghhh!).

alpha
29th May 2006, 08:30 AM
As always there are at least 2 opinions on this?

would a Japanese guy feel happier parting with his cash to a domainer with a Japanese address?

would a Japanese guy want to acquire a Japanese name even more if it is owned by a non-Japanese person? Japanese pride etc.. ?

how easy is it to find out the the address you have is a "cover"; this would certainly ring alarm bells to me and put me off as a buyer?

what are you going to do when you receive a phone call or letter or email in Japanese? are you fluent?

my take on this is honesty and transparency first.

burnsinternet
29th May 2006, 08:38 AM
All of these are good questions. I am glad we have so many different ideas on this forum!

Yes, but it will be quite inefficient for us to get a regus address separately, it will be better if Olney or Edwin sets up this parking service with local contact, or we can use ND, or Sedo (they are setting up a Japan office aren't they? But their interface, arrggghhh!).

I just received this email from NameDrive:

"Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier. As far as returning Russian ads is concerned, it would appear that the corner has finally been rounded.
Google are starting to show us Russian ads in Cyrillic text as well as English. This is the same for Japanese and we're hoping that, this week, we will be able to launch full IDN support with the Japanese portal, non-Latin character keywords and relevant ads from Google. Things are certainly moving in the right direction."

touchring
29th May 2006, 08:53 AM
we will be able to launch full IDN support with the Japanese portal, non-Latin character keywords "

Does this mean that at this current moment, ND still can't show Russian and Japanese ads? What is meant by Japanese portal?

It will also be good if ND has the enquire about this domain in Native language.

burnsinternet
29th May 2006, 09:00 AM
ND does show Russian ads, but very few. Google and ND are moving towards more of that.

You have a choice of 1-click (keyword search) parking pages or a 2-click portal page. They are going to have Japanese language portal pages soon.

Olney
29th May 2006, 09:20 AM
Basicly any of the Places in Tokyo seem cool.
Guys don't expect me to jumpstart a parking service myself. That takes some major seed capital plus anti fraud protection programming skills. 2 major things I don't have.

burnsinternet
29th May 2006, 09:27 AM
You mean that you actually have limits?? :o

You do far too much for us already! We'll use our own parking services for now until we can all hire the developers ourselves.

lentildude
15th June 2006, 12:30 PM
I have some non idn japanese domain names up for offer.

bbmanga.com

*yahoobb, bbmobile are big, I think bbmanga would make an excellent domain
for online mangas to keitei phones.

rhys
15th June 2006, 06:00 PM
I have some non idn japanese domain names up for offer.

bbmanga.com

*yahoobb, bbmobile are big, I think bbmanga would make an excellent domain
for online mangas to keitei phones.

Dude move this message somewhere else. It hurts you on multiple fronts. It is inappropriate here and it makes you look like someone we don't want to do business with.

In another thread, Touchring mentioned using a parking service that supports Japanese and with a "buy this domain" message in Japanese and a Tokyo contact us address. Would it increase buyer response or would it appear disingenuous?

I think that having a Japanese address does not matter as much as providing comfort that you accept proposals in Japanese. However, you can accomplish that on your actual "for sale" sign or maybe with a japanese cover name.