PDA

View Full Version : INITIAL EVALUATION RESULTS RELEASED FOR SECOND SET OF APPLICATIONS

Drewbert
30th March 2013, 01:47 AM
Apps 31-60

A few still in IE. No fails.

Versign #33 .닷넷 #37 .नेट #58 .คอม and Afilias #60 .信息 (.information) passed.

Rusnames #56 .рус passed also.

7 more sleeps until Verisign #61 .ком :)

coconut
30th March 2013, 03:47 PM
>>7 more sleeps until Verisign #61 .ком :) <<

LOL Drewbert, hard to believe it's now only a matter of days - rather than years - from launching.

Although it's a little disconcerting to read of Verisign's recent concerns that ICANN's rushing the new TLD rollout.

domainguru
30th March 2013, 05:16 PM
>>7 more sleeps until Verisign #61 .ком :) <<

LOL Drewbert, hard to believe it's now only a matter of days - rather than years - from launching.

Although it's a little disconcerting to read of Verisign's recent concerns that ICANN's rushing the new TLD rollout.

Err its not launching .... its just passing the ICANN evaluation. Launch is still (INSERT YOUR OWN LONG NUMBER HERE) days off.

Rubber Duck
30th March 2013, 05:38 PM
Err its not launching .... its just passing the ICANN evaluation. Launch is still (INSERT YOUR OWN LONG NUMBER HERE) days off.

Actually " Inital Evaluation" and what happens next is still a bit fuzzy to say the least.

But Beijing should bring clarity as GAC have a full week of deliberations.

coconut
30th March 2013, 05:43 PM
Whoops, I was getting ahead of myself there - thanks for setting the record straight domainguru and Rubber Duck.

Jay
30th March 2013, 05:56 PM

??

Rubber Duck
30th March 2013, 06:36 PM
??

Well, I think we can assume he is no spammer. :lol:

coconut
1st April 2013, 10:48 PM
??
Not many can boast of a 25% increase in their forum postings in just 30 seconds Jay...make that 10 :-p

coconut
1st April 2013, 10:49 PM
Well, I think we can assume he is no spammer. :lol:
Yup Rubber Duck, definitely not a spammer :-D

Drewbert
1st April 2013, 11:10 PM
Yup Rubber Duck, definitely not a spammer :-D

Good to see you back, my friend. :)

coconut
2nd April 2013, 02:47 AM
Good to see you back, my friend. :)
Much appreciated Drewbert.

Looks like I've got a wee bit of catching up to do - this idn thingy sure is getting interesting :)

yanni
2nd April 2013, 06:45 PM
Looks like I've got a wee bit of catching up to do ..

There's nothing to catch up to. Nothing has happened these past seven years.

But you are just in time for this:

Asian Internationalized Domain Names to Launch in April (http://www.cointernet.co/blog/asian-internationalized-domain-names-launch-april)

:)

domainguru
2nd April 2013, 11:53 PM

Asian Internationalized Domain Names to Launch in April (http://www.cointernet.co/blog/asian-internationalized-domain-names-launch-april)

You got me all excited there only to find out it was .co

Back to sleep :rolleyes:

yanni
3rd April 2013, 12:11 AM
You got me all excited there only to find out it was .co

Back to sleep :rolleyes:

But, didn't that momentary rush add a few years to your life?

DktoInc
3rd April 2013, 04:43 AM

ok, so this is a perfect example where iCunt should be stepping in and stopping this from going any further. it only creates user confusion about what real idns are. What is the benefit of releasing half-breed cctld domains that will not and can not ever change on the first level to any language other then the official language of that country, other then to fill their pockets with cash from user confusion and unawareness by misrepresenting what real IDNs are. Feels like New York City. I am just ranting but still. :mad:

sbe18
3rd April 2013, 05:53 AM
I fear that many of the new gtld's will follow the dot co pattern.

finding the xn-- data as the market research etc.

s/

domainguru
3rd April 2013, 07:35 AM
But, didn't that momentary rush add a few years to your life?

We live in hope :rolleyes:

I'll need some life-extender to see Thai IDNs roll out I suspect. Anyone got any holy water for sale?

mulligan
3rd April 2013, 06:10 PM
Anyone got any holy water for sale?
Gallons of the stuff, saved it from St Paddy's day for just such an occasion (75% proof though!)

squirrel
5th April 2013, 07:19 PM
7 more sleeps until Verisign #61 .ком :)

It's here
http://www.thedomains.com/2013/04/05/39-more-new-gtld-pass-initial-evaluation-as-icann-gets-through-the-idns/

Rubber Duck
5th April 2013, 07:26 PM
I love the new terminology Non-iDN domains, as if they are in someway defective, being something less than a full IDN. :lol:

Drewbert
6th April 2013, 05:47 AM
Interestingly, this week they did finished MORE than 30 IE's. They went right from 60 through to 108, with only 7 of those still in IE, so they got 41 done in one week.

So...

Verisign's .ком .点看 .קום .닷컴 .كوم .コム

PIR's .орг .संगठन .组织机构 .机构

Afilias's .移动 (.mobile)

are all though to the next step in the process.

Rubber Duck
6th April 2013, 10:21 AM
iDN being teed up for big announcement in Beijing.

ASCiI quietly shunted into sidings.

Interestingly, this week they did finished MORE than 30 IE's. They went right from 60 through to 108, with only 7 of those still in IE, so they got 41 done in one week.

So...

Verisign's .ком .点看 .קום .닷컴 .كوم .コム

PIR's .орг .संगठन .组织机构 .机构

Afilias's .移动 (.mobile)

are all though to the next step in the process.

Drewbert
6th April 2013, 11:30 AM
Actually I didn't notice that, but yes - the last one #108 is the last of the IDN's. SO apart from the stragglers, all the IDN's are IE complete.

Perhaps Verisign is going to announce something during Beijing? That would be nice.

Rubber Duck
6th April 2013, 03:57 PM
Actually I didn't notice that, but yes - the last one #108 is the last of the IDN's. SO apart from the stragglers, all the IDN's are IE complete.

Perhaps Verisign is going to announce something during Beijing? That would be nice.

I was listening to opening session of GAC from Thursday.

http://audio.icann.org/meetings/beijing2013/gac-new-gtld-implementation-04apr13-en.mp3

Seems pretty clear from that that everything that Verisign initially submitted will be required to be added to th PICs so that it becomes contractual.

This investment is now a No Brainer!

Drewbert
7th April 2013, 05:15 AM
Well. that certainly sounds promising.