PDA

View Full Version : Chinese .orgs

TheFifty9Sound
17th April 2013, 01:55 PM
How do you feel about them? I'd stayed away from Chinese .orgs until recently, but I don't want to go too far down this rabbit hole unless the extension has potential.

squirrel
17th April 2013, 02:23 PM
To be honest I've never heard of a chinese domainer/end user go after a dot org. I own a handful myself but I'm not actively looking for more.

tee1
17th April 2013, 04:04 PM
If you have questions or concerns I wouldn't register them. I never hesitate when pulling the triggering on registering a name, buyers remorse is not something I have experienced in a long time. do your homework/research if you like it pull the trigger. You also don't have to go all the way in the rabbit hole, just register a few and see how it goes. You could always register a few and post for comments.
How do you feel about them? I'd stayed away from Chinese .orgs until recently, but I don't want to go too far down this rabbit hole unless the extension has potential.

:shifty:To be honest I've never heard of a chinese domainer/end user go after a dot org. I own a handful myself but I'm not actively looking for more.

I wasn't actively looking the other day either but the Chinese .orgs from expiringIDNs popped off the page. I have to agree with squirrel, but keep in mind a couple of things

1. Huge market
2. .org will get aliased....sometime.
3. easier to get nice keywords in .org
3a. IMO think about ones to develop and not sell to end users (you know because you can get great keywords in ascii too with .mobi, .la, .pw ect.
3b. so for me its unrealistic/not viable to register more than a handful of Chinese .orgs unless of course you are loaded and if so lets talk hehe.
4. For whats its worth I have actually sold a couple of Chinese .orgs for x,xxx a year or so ago. No movement/inquiries ect since.

squirrel
17th April 2013, 04:11 PM
thx for insights, had not heard of orgs sale.

Jay
17th April 2013, 04:46 PM
You'd think some members here are living on Skid Row. Why wouldn't you pick up a few good keyword Chinese.orgs? How can you go wrong? I have two, including 翻译.org (translation), and would happily own some more if Tim didn't always beat me to the drop!

tee1
17th April 2013, 05:07 PM
You'd think some members here are living on Skid Row. Why wouldn't you pick up a few good keyword Chinese.orgs? How can you go wrong? I have two, including 翻译.org (translation), and would happily own some more if Tim didn't always beat me to the drop!

hehe, thanks keep in mind even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-22ievi-QEIM/TzJe_Z3MfHI/AAAAAAAADlA/zNgQUOH0iDc/s1600/blind%2Bsquirrel%2B1.jpg

TheFifty9Sound
17th April 2013, 09:23 PM
Thanks for the feedback. That's more or less what I was thinking, but being new to the idn sphere, I didn't want to make assumptions. I've only got two - 股市 because I think its a strong keyword that fits the extension, and 人体艺术 because it has 1,000,000 GAKT. I figured my chances of ever hand regging a Chinese name with stats like that again are probably slim to none. I don't expect traffic, but they're nice to keep in the portfolio.

Jay
18th April 2013, 04:54 AM
I've only got two - 股市 because I think its a strong keyword that fits the extension, and 人体艺术 because it has 1,000,000 GAKT.

I own the .net version of 人体艺术. As for 股市.org, that is a brilliant domain. Well done!

I figured my chances of ever hand regging a Chinese name with stats like that again are probably slim to none. I don't expect traffic, but they're nice to keep in the portfolio.

No, you won't see much traffic, but who knows what they might be worth in the future? Worth taking a punt on a few for sure.

tee1
18th April 2013, 06:43 PM
股市.org
人体艺术.org

nice pickups you have done well. The GAKT is incredible on the second one, great find. The first one is nice as well and a little info on the keyword, the dot biz is owned by an IDN legend/God insert whatever is appropriate. I always love to register anything owned by the Snow's in a different extension.

well done! You are on the right track but I would still stay conservative (relative to your financial position/desired risk ect).

TheFifty9Sound
19th April 2013, 10:10 AM
Cool. Happy days! I grabbed a few more to throw in the vault. I thought these keywords were too good to pass up.

软件
招聘
安全
电信
下载

I'm getting married next month, so I've gotta stock up now before the wife starts spending all my money!

IDNer
19th April 2013, 11:12 AM
Cool. Happy days! I grabbed a few more to throw in the vault. I thought these keywords were too good to pass up.

软件
招聘
安全
电信
下载

I'm getting married next month, so I've gotta stock up now before the wife starts spending all my money!

Congrats you are getting married :yes:

软件, 招聘, 电信 - Very nice keywords (with .ORG) !

19th April 2013, 05:14 PM

软件
招聘
安全
电信
下载

make her spend Money on Domains, tell her what she will be able to buy with them one day.

squirrel
19th April 2013, 05:26 PM
make her spend Money on Domains, tell her what she will be able to buy with them one day.

yeah good luck ! I have no recollection of my significant other ever being receptive to a "one day" type argument. (Yet one day I'm expected to finally realize she's been right all along on about all topics of life):-D

bumblebee man
19th April 2013, 06:31 PM
yeah good luck ! I have no recollection of my significant other ever being receptive to a "one day" type argument. (Yet one day I'm expected to finally realize she's been right all along on about all topics of life):-D

+1 :-D

nicenic
27th May 2013, 02:42 AM
软件
招聘
安全
电信
下载

软件 "Software" for software company or its affiliates
招聘 "Recruit" for job/human source/headhunter websites
安全 "Security" for network/cloud company or its information sharing websites
电信 "Telecom", not easy to be developed to a website as Telecom had BIG name in the whole world unless you can sell it to the Telecom group.
下载 "Download" for web developer / software download / mobile websites