PDA

View Full Version : Are you reluctant to pull out new terms?

Olney
30th May 2006, 02:28 AM
Seeing that the growing trend is as soon as someone puts a domain for sale everything associated with that term or with that term in it becomes unavailable really quick.

I'm wondering how many of you are getting a phobia of throwing out new terms for sale?

Tell the truth.

Truthfully guys I do have a stock of domains that I haven't put up & have noticed that other variables of them have stayed available especially other extensions. (I'm not giving any hints)

So how many of you have a fear of putting new terms up for sale?

Olney
30th May 2006, 02:38 AM
Just in case don't take this as a holyer than thou post. I haven't thrown out any new regs in a while. Also there's more languages here than just, Japanese.

Giant
30th May 2006, 02:55 AM
I guess it's not just fear, it's always your strategy not to disclose too much.

The reaction of a domainer when he/she sees or hears a new term will decide whether he/she should stay in domain business.

-How quick he/she can decide correctly which word(s) to reg by such an "inspiration"?

-How quick he/she actually regs it/them, before others do.

No excuses for acting too slow!

blastfromthepast
30th May 2006, 03:02 AM
I guess it's not just fear, it's always your strategy not to disclose too much.

Selective disclosure is also good.

idnowner
30th May 2006, 03:18 AM
I'm wondering how many of you are getting a phobia of throwing out new terms for sale?

I quit regging IDNs about 2 or 3 months ago. I figure I've got a nice bunch of names, so everyone else - I wish you the best... good (unregistered) names are now getting very hard to find! Some of my favorite categories are...

* Chemicals
* Construction machines
* Automotive parts
* Medical terms, disease names
* Personal products
* Famous names in history
* Common first and last names
* Tools
* Animals
* Industrial materials
* Sports products
* Medicines

I'm sure there are likely some good keywords available in these categories, but I'm done!

touchring
30th May 2006, 05:20 AM
Selective disclosure is also good.

There's always a tradeoff in life - keeping too much secrets is bad for health ...

I've been trying to provide avenues for forumers to offload some of their stress via polls and surveys, more to come. :)

http://www.idnforums.com/forums/3286-how-much-did-you-earn-for-ppc-for-idns-last-month.html?highlight=clicks

http://www.idnforums.com/forums/2486-study-top-views-and-clicks-for-various-languages.html?highlight=clicks

http://www.idnforums.com/forums/2506-total-traffic-a-day-on-namedrive-survey.html?highlight=views

burnsinternet
30th May 2006, 09:05 AM
Yup. I keep some secrets and some are just now getting tapped. I don't have the resources to get them all at once.

Wot
30th May 2006, 09:30 AM
Yes, I noticed a big take up on regional .cn after I posted 中国.bj.cn .

And the net of what I think was a good .com was taken same day after I posted on another forum.

No probs for me -, keeps the ball rolling and I only post when I have what I want. :)