PDA

View Full Version : May 28th stats at ParkingCrew

ParkingCrew
29th May 2013, 03:24 PM
Important things first: ParkingCrew runs smoothly again and all of your landing pages are up and running.

Hi Guys,

this is Nico posting. I am CEO of Team Internet, the holding company behind ParkingCrew and I wanted to personally post an update and shed some light about the past 24 hours.

On tuesday morning, I was about to board a plane for my honeymoon when we got hit with the most severe DDOS attack we had ever seen. We see a DDOS attack almost every week but this one was different. It took us completely offline for a bit more than 1 hour and when our DDOS mitigation was finally filtering most of the attack, it also accidentally filtered a lot of legitimate visitors. Since the DDOS attack lasted for more than 24 hours and the mitigation solution continued to not only filter the attack but also partially filter legitimate visitors, stats for tuesday, May 28 look off. Some accounts were affected more than others but most accounts will look off to some degree.

Those of you who have been through previous DDOS attacks with us before, know that we always apply a generous compensation to all accounts to more than make up for any and all downtimes. Our team is currently calculating the compensation for monday, May 27th and you will see it added to your accounts soon. As soon as we have the numbers for May 28th, our team will start working on the compensation for that day.

Next I would like to address the issue of less communication and updates from us during the past 24 hours than you are used to: As you all know, we keep our overheads to a minimum and work with a very small team so that we can keep your revenue shares to the maximum. Yesterday was a bottleneck in terms of support: ParkingCrew's managing director was on a plane to Las Vegas for the traffic conference (a conference our CTO cancelled in order to bring ParkingCrew back up again) and our support agent was busy answering customer questions.

Last but not least, I want to emphasize how proud I am of my entire team at ParkingCrew. Most of my tech hasn't slept for 24 hours to bring things back to normal and everyone was as dedicated as they could be.

I don't want to bore you with any more details. I simply want you to know that not only my entire team but also I personally care about every single one of our customers. We are very glad that you chose us as your parking company and thank you for your continued support.

Cheers
Nico

squirrel
29th May 2013, 04:05 PM
thanks for the update Nico.

DDOS during the honeymoon... you're setting yourself up for years of payback :-D j/k

Clotho
29th May 2013, 04:31 PM
Thank you for the update Nico. I think the fact that you posted here before a member mentioned it is a first for any parking company here. Thank you for the excellent service. It is sad that there are malicious people in this world that would do such a thing. I am sorry to hear about your honeymoon but I am grateful that you are looking after things. I hope you will be able to enjoy your honeymoon soon.

Jay
29th May 2013, 05:04 PM
Stats had been unusually low the past few days (starting on the 26th), and I had started to wonder whether Parkingcrew had lost some of its providers. Having the situation explained to us like this is reassuring. Thanks Nico.

Jay
29th May 2013, 05:05 PM
DDOS during the honeymoon... you're setting yourself up for years of payback :-D j/k

Wives have their own form of DOS attack - denial of sex :)

IdnHost
29th May 2013, 05:47 PM
Thanks for the update.

chrisofmel
29th May 2013, 06:24 PM
thanks for update, also congrats on your marriage, and enjoy your honeymoon.

Rockruler
29th May 2013, 08:00 PM
Stats had been unusually low the past few days (starting on the 26th), and I had started to wonder whether Parkingcrew had lost some of its providers. Having the situation explained to us like this is reassuring. Thanks Nico.

Yeah I noticed this as well.

IDNer
30th May 2013, 03:26 AM
thanks for update, also congrats on your marriage, and enjoy your honeymoon.

+ 1

ParkingCrew
30th May 2013, 06:37 AM
Thank you for all of your kind words. This sort of feedback is what we all work our long hours for!

We are currently calculating the compensation for tuesday, may 28th and it will be applied in the course of the day.

Cheers
ParkingCrew Support

Rockruler
31st May 2013, 01:06 PM
Hey Nico,

Are you guys still experiencing problems? I have noticed a below-average number of clicks all week.

ParkingCrew
31st May 2013, 02:53 PM
Hi Guys,

the problems only existed very late monday and throughout tuesday. Afterwards everything was and is running smooth again. Could you let me know your username so I can check your account?

Cheers
ParkingCrew Support