PDA

View Full Version : Sedo.com taking all IDN

Rubber Duck
30th May 2006, 04:47 PM
Just to stop this getting buried in another thread. If anyone is interested, Sedo now appear to be taking all IDN on their dot com site including Arabic and Russian.

I am not rushing back immediately, but it is a positive move for all us as at least there is going to be competition in the IDN parking market which cannot be a bad thing. Time will tell whether they really are going to really compete at the top level.

Anyway, any feedback always welcome.

domainstosell
30th May 2006, 05:32 PM
So, you can park, but can't sell?

"At present it is not possible to list this domain for sale on Sedo. The domain contains characters which, although recognised by our domain parking program, are not yet supported within our bidding system."

I thought I'd try one of my names on Sedo, jut to get a feel for the interface, etc. I got this info in return when I added my domain, after I clicked on an info link next to the price field.

The domain is メキシコホテル.com.

gammascalper
30th May 2006, 05:41 PM
Do they still make you wait while they check your domain's namesevers?

That's a terrible system. If you submit a name on Friday, sometimes it isn't added into the system until they get into work on Monday!

Rubber Duck
30th May 2006, 05:43 PM
Do they still make you wait while they check your domain's namesevers?

That's a terrible system. If you submit a name on Friday, sometimes it isn't added into the system until they get into work on Monday!

I agree, and it is probably worse with all the changes. I think I will let some other poor b*gg*er Beta test it!

domainstosell
30th May 2006, 06:18 PM
Furthermore, when you visit an IDN for sale listing, Sedo has this to say:

"IDN Domains are "Internationalized Domains Names", they make the use of special non-English characters possible (i.e. Umlauts like "ä", "ö" und "ü", other European Characters like "á", "é", "í"). These domains are subject to many temporary technical restrictions, for example users need an IDN compatible browser to visit them."

While this is technically true, why couldn't they offer a positive aspect of IDNs as well (or better explain), than to just shed an unflattering light on IDNs?

touchring
30th May 2006, 06:22 PM
Sedo has a legacy system problem, but it doesn't mean they can't catch up. Ultimately, whoever provides the best service and PPC wins, it doesn't matter if they didn't do as well previously.

Explorer
30th May 2006, 06:24 PM
Furthermore, when you visit an IDN for sale listing, Sedo has this to say:

"IDN Domains are "Internationalized Domains Names", they make the use of special non-English characters possible (i.e. Umlauts like "ä", "ö" und "ü", other European Characters like "á", "é", "í"). These domains are subject to many temporary technical restrictions, for example users need an IDN compatible browser to visit them."

While this is technically true, why couldn't they offer a positive aspect of IDNs as well (or better explain), than to just shed an unflattering light on IDNs?

Still better than IDOTZ's

"I understand that Internationalized Domain Names (IDN) are still not accessible to most Internet users. They do not, and may never, have the same functionality as traditional ASCII domains."

domainstosell
30th May 2006, 06:26 PM

"I understand that Internationalized Domain Names (IDN) are still not accessible to most Internet users. They do not, and may never, have the same functionality as traditional ASCII domains."

Ouch...

dabsi
30th May 2006, 06:27 PM
it's a pity how people here are dealing with news.
Our portfolio has been accepted after few minutes. Depending of course on your 'level'.

Very happy that they are some other places where people are REALLY talking about IDNs and where people can learn from each other.

Good Luck to everybody also to the 'I know every thing' ducks

DABSI

gammascalper
30th May 2006, 06:32 PM
Is this really goodbye or are you just teasing us again?

Giant
30th May 2006, 06:32 PM

What made these people so brave to try their luck in domaining business while they couldn't even understand IDN?

sarcle
30th May 2006, 06:33 PM
Our portfolio has been accepted after few minutes. Depending of course on your 'level'.

Very happy that they are some other places where people are REALLY talking about IDNs and where people can learn from each other.

DABSI

That would be you pal. I'm sick and tired of your arrogance you display here for apparently no good reason. I do understand it to some extent I dated a girl from Hamburg.

alpha
30th May 2006, 06:43 PM

DABSI

Dabsi,

I just wanted to say please take no notice of the others, and don't leave the forum.

I look forward to your posts, even if it does make you look like a complete twat all the time.

It's guaranteed humour I would miss.

domainstosell
30th May 2006, 06:45 PM
I look forward to your posts, even if it does make you look like a complete twat all the time.

Thanks, I seriously just spit Mountain Dew all over my keyboard. That may be the funniest thing I have read/heard in a long time!

Rubber Duck
30th May 2006, 06:49 PM
Sorry, did I miss something? Is there another, secret, forum where the real IDNing goes on. I must find out. I am struggling to pick of $10K a week on here!

Giant
30th May 2006, 06:49 PM
When Duck knows, Duck speaks. When Duck doesn't know, Duck listens.

Therefore, Duck knows! ----- Confucius + Giant

Rubber Duck
30th May 2006, 06:51 PM
When Duck knows, Duck speaks. When Duck doesn't know, Duck listens.

Therefore, Duck knows!

That's why God gave ducks two ears and only one beak!

sarcle
30th May 2006, 06:52 PM

OH SNAP! I haven't used the word "twat" since high school. Good use of the word it describes him to a tee. I will be smiling all day on that one. :)

Explorer
30th May 2006, 06:55 PM
What made these people so brave to try their luck in domaining business while they couldn't even understand IDN?

Actually, IDOTZ where one of the first ones to introduce IDN.cn, but that legal language scares a lot of folks. Damn lawyers :-)

Rubber Duck
30th May 2006, 07:01 PM
OH SNAP! I haven't used the word "twat" since high school. Good use of the word it describes him to a tee. I will be smiling all day on that one. :)

I am sorry, I find this deeply offensive!

Whatever have the poor Twats done to be compared so disfavourably?

I have always found them most useful myself.

alpha
30th May 2006, 07:04 PM

What ever have the poor Twats done to be compared so disfavourably?

twat

n 1: a man who is a stupid incompetent fool [syn: fathead, goof, goofball, bozo, jackass, goose, cuckoo, zany] 2: obscene terms for female genitals [syn: c*nt, puss, pussy, slit, snatch]

perhaps you would prefer one of the above variants

Just to stop this getting buried in another thread. If anyone is interested, Sedo now appear to be taking all IDN on their dot com site including Arabic and Russian.

I am not rushing back immediately, but it is a positive move for all us as at least there is going to be competition in the IDN parking market which cannot be a bad thing. Time will tell whether they really are going to really compete at the top level.

Anyway, any feedback always welcome.

anyway.. getting this thread back on track. so does anyone know if they are serving up native ads?

Rubber Duck
30th May 2006, 07:09 PM
twat

n 1: a man who is a stupid incompetent fool [syn: fathead, goof, goofball, bozo, jackass, goose, cuckoo, zany] 2: obscene terms for female genitals [syn: c*nt, puss, pussy, slit, snatch]

perhaps you would prefer one of the above variants

Yes, I see what you mean. Still all too good really, as I might be referred to as any of the first category, and I am certainly not as useful as the second.

sarcle
30th May 2006, 07:17 PM

Whatever have the poor Twats done to be compared so disfavourably?

Evey word has a different context depending on how it's used. I personally thought we were talking about a big blubbering vagina in which case my vote is on that one.

You're right they are most useful as long as they aren't blubbering such as in the case with him.

alpha
30th May 2006, 07:20 PM
... big blubbering vagina ....

This has been said before by another member, but to echo the comment - I too would love to see your adult portfolio.

Rubber Duck
30th May 2006, 07:40 PM
How do you translate Dabsi into Chinese anyway? I really ought to register in Simplified Chinese, as I can see in only a few short months all the market traders in downtown Shanghai, will be using it to abuse one another.

alpha
30th May 2006, 07:44 PM
How do you translate Dabsi into Chinese anyway? I really ought to register in Simplified Chinese, as I can see in only a few short months all the market traders in downtown Shanghai, will be using it to abuse one another.

i can't answer that one.

.. but in the absence of buying and regging IDN's, I find myself doing all sorts of odd things to fill the void.

i even bulk checked a load of ascii .co.uk names earlier... sad.

... anyway, I also run dabsi through a anagram proggy. the best it came out with was "IS BAD"

sarcle
30th May 2006, 07:49 PM
I think this.

傻屄

Maybe Giant can confirm the meaning.

Giant
30th May 2006, 08:02 PM
I think this.

傻屄

Maybe Giant can confirm the meaning.

"stupid hole" or "blubbering vagina". WOW, you're so good in Chinese SUDDENLY!

Honestly, I don't even know how to type this word into computer.

touchring
30th May 2006, 08:11 PM
I think this thread has gone way out, complacency is setting in. Dabsi might be laughing at all of us right now, honestly, he might be the one that got the max. limit of the ppc poll.

Olney
30th May 2006, 08:36 PM
I've added 2 Japanese domains to the system. Sedo emailed me to say this would be done today but I thought "today" meant sometime in the near future.

Anyway I'll be testing it with

海外ホテル.jp - Overseas Hotels - next best thing to a hotel in Japan
ロサンゼルス.jp - Los Angeles - Already getting type ins everyday it was a drop.

For my hotel domains I could only get like 1 Japanese ad to appear, no matter what I put in as a keyword.

They said it should display native ads so I'll check in a day. I'm pretty sure these two domains will be approved.
Also if you have dot jps changing the nameserver can take a while. It's not an instant process.

Anyone have one that has gotten approved already?

Also please try to keep the thread on topic.

alpha
30th May 2006, 09:13 PM
I've added 2 Japanese domains to the system. Sedo emailed me to say this would be done today but I thought "today" meant sometime in the near future.

For my hotel domains I could only get like 1 Japanese ad to appear, no matter what I put in as a keyword.

They said it should display native ads so I'll check in a day. I'm pretty sure these two domains will be approved.
Also if you have dot jps changing the nameserver can take a while. It's not an instant process.

It would be useful if you described what "settings" you are using. For example, and this may sound like a dumb question - but are you using English or Japanese as the keyword?

IDNCowboy
30th May 2006, 10:33 PM
Sedo "All your IDN domain sales belong to us!" TM

Rubber Duck
30th May 2006, 10:39 PM

Many of mine are still on the system from Sedo.cn. The domains are stored centrally, however, I would have to mess about changing all the nameservers. Frankly, I would need to be convinced it was worth the effort. I was instantly disillusion as I clicked on the domain name as was confronted with usual gibberish where the domain name goes, so you can imagine what a mess the parking pages will be. Wake me up when it is all running tickity boo!

blastfromthepast
30th May 2006, 10:43 PM

Dabsi, please let me know when you will be transfering your IDNs over to my account. I'm waiting.

IDNCowboy
30th May 2006, 10:54 PM
Dabsi, please let me know when you will be transfering your IDNs over to my account. I'm waiting.
hey he is going to split it with all of us :)

Olney
30th May 2006, 11:27 PM
I'll certainly let you guys know what it looks like & if it works for me. First the domains have to be approved.

I don't know how to use the interface on the expert level yet but if it has all Japanese ads then I want to test out this with Sedo Pro it looks better.

ND is also doing a good job I just want full all Japanese ads.

blastfromthepast
31st May 2006, 12:21 AM
I'll certainly let you guys know what it looks like & if it works for me. First the domains have to be approved.

What's this nonsense of approving domains anyways? Anyone ever get rejected? Or is it just an excuse for not having an automated system?

Drewbert
31st May 2006, 12:48 AM
Their system insists on the WHOIS of your name matching your account details.

Which is find, until you try to sell a name from a ccTLD that doesn't offer a WHOIS service.

And then they refuse to list the name because the WHOIS doesn't match the account (well, DOH!) even though they already have other names from the same ccTLD listed already.

Go figure.

Once I hit that "we're really stoopid" brick wall, I decided I'd list my other names for sale with a service that "got it".

Olney
31st May 2006, 01:17 AM
We'll see how it goes because my jp domains certainly don't match my US address.
I thought they were approved if they resolve to Sedo's server.

I'll be checking on them back & forth today.

Maybe I'll also add a few dot coms since the nameserver transfer is instant.

Ok So updated
My Los Angeles is showing LA related adds.. They're in English but that actually makes sense. It does mean that it is scanning the actual keyword in the domain automatically.

Everything else is showing the Japanese portal style view.
I can't optimize the keywords yet it seems.

I just added these to the system

テンプスタッフ.com Temp Staff
トラベルローン.com Travel Loan
トラベルローン.net Travel Loan
不動産担保ローン.net Real Estate Mortgage Loan
事業者ローン.net Enterpreneur Loan

More than just the acyual click thru I'm more interested if the system will just show relevent ads.

If this thread goes off topic I'll start a new thread please keep this on topic...

idn
1st June 2006, 08:37 PM
Can anyone else share his/her experience parking non latin idns at Sedo?