PDA

View Full Version : "it is a FACT that history does repeat itself"

bwhhisc
24th June 2013, 03:00 AM
http://www.ricksblog.com/2013/06/the-history-of-surfing-waves-and-the-connection-to-you-today/#comments

When I read this, it reminded me that history is indeed about to repeat itself. In the domain world, it will be through the new gtld program, as the internet becomes more user friendly for billions of people who can use memorable domain names in their own languages...not limited to idn.idn as .com, but also the new idn .gtlds that span beyond the .com realm.

There are many parallels lining up to happen that will follow the same trajectory as what what happened with the huge expansion of english language domain names since the early/mid 1990's. History is poised to repeat itself over the next decade, with a ramp up of domain names going into mainstream use but this time in native languages welcomed and used by the hundreds of millions that don't read english.

Rubber Duck
24th June 2013, 05:04 AM
http://www.ricksblog.com/2013/06/the-history-of-surfing-waves-and-the-connection-to-you-today/#comments

When I read this, it reminded me that history is indeed about to repeat itself. In the domain world, it will be through the new gtld program, as the internet becomes more user friendly for billions of people who can use memorable domain names in their own languages...not limited to idn.idn as .com, but also the new idn .gtlds that span beyond the .com realm.

There are many parallels lining up to happen that will follow the same trajectory as what what happened with the huge expansion of english language domain names since the early/mid 1990's. History is poised to repeat itself over the next decade, with a ramp up of domain names going into mainstream use but this time in native languages welcomed and used by the hundreds of millions that don't read english.

Well, at least he is not one of those "This Time its Different Mob" that are running or should I say ruining the US economy.

Rick comes out with the odd gem, but then bizarrely fails to follow his own advice. But he is a bit like a broken clock being right twice each day.

domainguru
25th June 2013, 02:32 PM
Well, at least he is not one of those "This Time its Different Mob" that are running or should I say ruining the US economy.

Rick comes out with the odd gem, but then bizarrely fails to follow his own advice. But he is a bit like a broken clock being right twice each day.

Yeah but his hairstyle is only right every 50 years :-p

Rubber Duck
25th June 2013, 04:14 PM
Yeah but his hairstyle is only right every 50 years :-p

In which case, it must be due anytime soon. :lol:

bwhhisc
26th June 2013, 02:46 PM
Rick comes out with the odd gem, but then bizarrely fails to follow his own advice.

I don't think he is remotely referring to the idn program. :lol: