PDA

View Full Version : luxury home or apartment 3 word name and/ or hyphens advice for a friend

sbe18
26th June 2013, 11:45 PM
a friend is helping a real estate broker brother in law with a website in Russia.

for a particular district in Moscow...

so XXXXXXXX luxury YYYYYYYY is the idea...

so ....

luxury home
luxury homes
luxury realestate
luxury property
luxury apartments

relative to :

роскошный дом
роскошные дома
роскошь недвижимости
Элитная недвижимость
роскошные апартаменты

Looking for a recommendation for the three word name with
the location district in front and whether the 2 hyphens version should be purchased along with the combined 3 word name.

thanks

Steve

RusDom
2nd July 2013, 08:34 AM
IMHO the best variant would be with the district at the end "-in-district" (митино is the one of the districts, for example):
элитная-недвижимость-в-митино.рф
Verylongmultipleworddomainsinrussian are also very hard to read (I would not even buy it)

sbe18
4th July 2013, 06:45 AM
thank you...

s/

Drewbert
4th July 2013, 07:30 AM
IMHO the best variant would be with the district at the end "-in-district" (митино is the one of the districts, for example):
элитная-недвижимость-в-митино.рф
Verylongmultipleworddomainsinrussian are also very hard to read (I would not even buy it)

Hard to read even if the capitals are there?

ЭлитнаяНедвижимостьВМитино.рф

RusDom
8th July 2013, 09:26 AM
Hard to read even if the capitals are there?

ЭлитнаяНедвижимостьВМитино.рф

Didn't think about capitals. It's better than without but as for me hyphens are more better for fast understanding.

Drewbert
8th July 2013, 09:41 AM
Right. The cyrillic crowd seem to not have a problem with multi-hyphened domains.

The ASCII guys pretty much hate them, even with just one hyphen. I don't. I sold one for $10k a while back.

8th July 2013, 11:57 AM
Germany/russia are hyphen domain nations.

squirrel
8th July 2013, 12:02 PM
I sold one for $10k a while back.
ASCII ?