PDA

View Full Version : .中国 domain and trademarks

chickens
21st July 2013, 04:03 PM
Hey all,
I've been trying to register some .中国 domains and have had varying success.

Most of them (>80%) have been rejected by CNNIC and stating that they violate third party interests (more specifically, trademark rules), even though they're very ambigious and general terms like, say "sky" or "car". I called CNNIC myself and they've given me their trademark website to search for trademark terms but the link is often down and unsearchable.

Can anyone shed any light on why this process is so difficult, and/or if it's more attributed to the registrar? We've tried a number of different registrars but all to the same effect. I've searched all over the web and nobody appears to mention why most of these domains aren't even registrable. What's the best way of going about this? Do we actually need to set up a trademark in order to purchase them?

Thanks.

21st July 2013, 09:04 PM
i tried to reg some .公司 domains, generic terms but all got rejected with the explaination the terms were "too good" and i had to prove that i represented a company that had trademarks related to that term. They were completely generic one word domains.

Maybve .公司 rules are stricter but from my experience i got the impression that they don't want smaller guys regging top terms.

I gave up quickly because the whole experience was so frustrating. Sad to hear that

.中国 is so complicated as well.

Wot
21st July 2013, 10:22 PM
Webnic.cc - but you must register the names as an individual then all you need to,provide is a passport copy.

chickens
22nd July 2013, 07:43 AM
Wot, thanks for the tip but are you sure it's a registrar thing rather than a CNNIC thing?

Reason being, we've registered with 3 different registrars a few domain names which are very, very generic but apparently "violates" trademarks. I've personally phoned CNNIC to ask and they've confirmed that this was the reason. Is there any special reason why webnic.cc can do what others can't? I'm looking to try them but they require quite a process just to get set up so I just want to confirm this before I dive in.

Thanks.

nicenic
22nd July 2013, 08:48 AM
Hello Chickens,

CNNIC Accredited Registrar actually doesn't have access to reject Registrant's request of .中国/.CN/.公司/.网络 domain registration, but Registry of CNNIC will.

And, there is nothing to do with Registrar A or Registrar B, all CNNIC Accredited Registrars are managed/supervised by one Registry of CNNIC with the same rules/policies/regulations.

However, Chinese TradeMark .CN Domain Names Available to PUBLIC now, please refer to http://www.idnforums.com/forums/33862-chinese-trademark-cn-domain-names-available-to-public-now.html and might be later for Chinese Trademark .中国 domain names.

chickens
23rd July 2013, 12:49 AM
Nicenic,
I suspected this was the case, although we might try a few more just to see. It's strange, though, that this does not seem to be very well documented across the web. Even with generic terms, the vast majority of our requests are rejected.

We've started registering some .cn domains on your site but we've forgotten to sign up to the user accounts which give us the discount on .cn domains. We've already registered around 100. Can you apply the discount for us minus cost of the basic account? We can then start registering more.

Thanks.

puyang
23rd July 2013, 06:32 AM
I am able to register .cn for $6 USD and $30 USD for .中国, and would like to charge additional $1 per name for my labor if anyone wants me to reg instead.

nicenic
23rd July 2013, 06:43 AM
Nicenic,
I suspected this was the case, although we might try a few more just to see. It's strange, though, that this does not seem to be very well documented across the web. Even with generic terms, the vast majority of our requests are rejected.

We've started registering some .cn domains on your site but we've forgotten to sign up to the user accounts which give us the discount on .cn domains. We've already registered around 100. Can you apply the discount for us minus cost of the basic account? We can then start registering more.

Thanks.

Could you please PM me your username? Thank you! (handshaking...)

nicenic
23rd July 2013, 06:46 AM
I am able to register .cn for $6 USD and $30 USD for .中国, and would like to charge additional $1 per name for my labor if anyone wants me to reg instead.
$5.00 .CN
$26.67 .中国

Your labor was paid already. :-p

puyang
23rd July 2013, 12:09 PM
$5.00 .CN
$26.67 .中国

Your labor was paid already. :-p

Just checked your pricing policy for VIPs.
Will Chinese domain names in your place be subject to ICP licensing? :)

nicenic
23rd July 2013, 03:51 PM
good evening/night, puyang, I wrote you in PM, please have a look. Thank you for visting our website and thank you for the question. - Helen