PDA

View Full Version : ParkingCrew revenue drop

IDN Domains
5th August 2013, 03:29 PM
In 2012 ParkingCrew was by far the best place to park your Japanese IDN domains. Since the beginning of 2013 the revenue gradually started to decline. Now it's down by more than 25%, compared to 2012.

What is your long term experience with ParkingCrew? Anyone with the same or similar observations?

Edwin
5th August 2013, 04:55 PM
Same for me.

Jay
5th August 2013, 05:40 PM
Up until last month PC was consistently good for me. Last month I saw a 20% drop in revenue, mostly due to lower CTR. This month so far both CTR and PPC are lower, so the signs are not good.

idn
5th August 2013, 05:57 PM
I noticed the same thing at DNS last month so I don't think it is only PC.

Clotho
6th August 2013, 01:35 AM
I'm at PC and I am seeing the same decline. Revenue usually drops a bit in the summer but this seems to be more than just that.

I really don't want to have to go shopping again but there are others I might try if this trend continues.

markits
6th August 2013, 02:30 AM
The Japanese currency has depreciated more than 25%?

Edwin
6th August 2013, 06:01 AM

There is something to that actually. The yen was Y80/$ until mid-November last year, and has steadily climbed until it hovered around the Y100/$, where it's now stuck.

Rubber Duck
6th August 2013, 06:24 AM
When the US Dollar finally collapses, then we will all be Dollar billionaires.

But so will everyone else!

Jay
6th August 2013, 03:36 PM

Now that you mention it, there does seem to be a correlation between the falling yen and the rise in PC revenue prior to May, and a stable yen and a decline in PC revenue since then.

domainguru
9th August 2013, 05:32 AM
As long as Google has a monopoly on parking ads, parking income will tend towards zero in the long term. Simple googlenomics.

Wot
9th August 2013, 06:03 AM
As long as Google has a monopoly on parking ads, parking income will tend towards zero in the long term. Simple googlenomics.

Moving rapidly in that direction with my ascii names at Sedo,currently income is now at 10 per cent of what it was 2 years ago.
I guess in another 12 months they will be asking me for money! :-p

domainguru
9th August 2013, 06:09 AM
Moving rapidly in that direction with my ascii names at Sedo,currently income is now at 10 per cent of what it was 2 years ago.

Most Sedo customers are daft enough to pay as well :-p

Drewbert
15th August 2013, 04:00 AM
My parkingcrew revenue is 30% down on what it was a couple of months back.

nicenic
15th August 2013, 05:07 AM
I will sit here with a cup of Chinese ice tea and see who would tell us the exact reason why ParkingCrew revenue dropped.

http://cdn1.raywenderlich.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Rage-why.png

Jay
15th August 2013, 05:25 AM
I will sit here with a cup of Chinese ice tea and see who would tell us the exact reason why ParkingCrew revenue dropped.

In my portfolio there's been a drop in CPC (possibly related to a slight recovery of the Yen), and a major drop in CTR. I don't know much about the parking side of things, but I'm guessing the problem is mostly related to PC's auto-optimisation, templates, advertiser relevance etc.

catchnames
15th August 2013, 06:17 AM
wot that is even true for my names.

domainguru
15th August 2013, 02:41 PM

http://cdn1.raywenderlich.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Rage-why.png

Because Google has no reason not to keep dropping revenue share ...... they can do whatever the f***k they want and nobody can do a thing about it. I used to enjoy playing Monopoly, not now ;)

nicenic
16th August 2013, 06:14 AM
Because Google has no reason not to keep dropping revenue share ...... they can do whatever the f***k they want and nobody can do a thing about it. I used to enjoy playing Monopoly, not now ;)

I met a representative(sorry, I can't remember his name now) from Google at ICANN 46th Meeting in Beijing China this April,
I asked:
Do you know Google is not working well in mainland China? When we type www.google.com in the browser, page loading speed is particularly slow or even we get a blank page...
He answered:
Really? I don't know! :no: Why?

Now, you know who is playing Monopoly more skillfully and more directly. :-D

domainguru
16th August 2013, 11:45 AM
Whatever happened to those "mastermind" ASCII domainers that were setting up their "direct advertising" programs to take on the might of Google ads?

a) Have ASCII type-ins fallen off so much its not worth doing now?
b) The mastermind ASCII domainers are running their own ad programs, and I just don't know about it.
c) The mastermind ASCII domainers realized running an ad network was too much like "real work" (as compared to normal domainer work routine of "setting nameservers" and "choosing whether to renew domains")

I remember FS was planning on doing something ... whereas "The Domain King" used to moan a lot about google ad revenues but I doubt he had any plans to actually do anything - not if his 1995 homepage is any indication of his tech skills ;)

gammascalper
19th August 2013, 02:53 AM
I'm down about 50% across the board over 2 years.

Here's what revenue looks like for one domain with pretty consistent traffic. Revenue is back to the one year monthly lows.

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/6003/pdax.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/443/pdax.png/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Rockruler
19th August 2013, 02:58 AM
So has anyone had any recent luck with above.com for testing optimization?

Jay
19th August 2013, 06:16 AM
So has anyone had any recent luck with above.com for testing optimization?

I moved to above.com about three months ago. Non-Japanese revenue went up, which has more or less balanced the decline in PC revenue.

Diversity.