PDA

View Full Version : .th Thai domains - THE BEST saved for last....

DNWins
24th September 2013, 12:12 PM
สวัสดีครับ

ผมไม่ใช่คนไทยแต่รักเมืองไทยและการคนไทยครับ

Bids start at $100 USD per domain set

Set 1: board
BOARD.IN.TH
บอร์ด.ไทย
บอร์ด.TH
https://www.google.co.th/#q=บอร์ด
129,000,000 results

Set 2: email. Includes IDN with email spelled properly in Thai language - https://www.google.co.th/#q=อีเมล shows 49,500,000 results, อีเมล is a lazy shortcut in ภาษาไทย
EEMAIL.IN.TH
อีเมล์.ไทย
อีเมล์.TH
https://www.google.co.th/#q=อีเมล์
70,500,000 results

Set 3: Java: Don't be fooled by low number of results from google, Java is valuable name to have in any TLD, and this is the official spelling for the coffee, the island, and the programming language
JAVA.IN.TH
จาวา.ไทย
จาวา.TH
https://www.google.co.th/#q=จาวา
1,540,000 results ()
http://th.wikipedia.org/wiki/จาวา

Start at $500

Set 4:Changwat. A Changwat is the largest political division in Thailand, like a state or province. Could be used so many ways... Promoting tourism to Thai Changwats, selling properties in Thai Changwats, highlighting each Changwat's attractions, and so on.

For instance, Phuket is a Changwat (coincidentally there are smaller divisions named Phuket also, e.g. อำเภอภูเก็ต or Amphoe Phuket, like a county, and นครภูเก็ต or Nakorn Phuket, a city/town) Easily attract traffic for Phuket under subdomain ภูเก็ต.จังหวัด.ไทย for Thai language speakers, and phuket.changwat.in.th for people who do not speak Thai language.

CHANGWAT.IN.TH
จังหวัด.ไทย
จังหวัด.TH
160,000,000 results
https://www.google.co.th/#q=จังหวัด

Finally....

Start at $1000 USD

Set 5: Sawadee. Sawadee krap. Sabaay dee mai krap? With the choices of sawadee, sawatdee, sawasdee, and so many close but no cigar transliterations out there for this word, and all of the .com domains of these transliterations of the Thai word host Thai hotel, tourism, and restaurant guides.

Having the IDN สวัสดี under the country TLD, which is bundled with the .ไทย punycode TLD, is tantamount to owning the most important and most commonly used word in Thai language. A word which is so common and integral to Thai society must be of significant value. Any takers? This one will hold value forever (as will others I have) I am in no hurry to sell any of these, but make an offer :)

SAWADEE.IN.TH
สวัสดี.ไทย
สวัสดี.TH
85,700,000 results
https://www.google.co.th/#q=สวัสดี

domainguru
24th September 2013, 02:26 PM
สวัสดีครับ

ผมไม่ใช่คนไทยแต่รักเมืองไทยและการคนไทยครับ

Bids start at $100 USD per domain set

Set 1: board
BOARD.IN.TH
บอร์ด.ไทย
บอร์ด.TH
https://www.google.co.th/#q=บอร์ด
129,000,000 results

Set 2: email. Includes IDN with email spelled properly in Thai language - https://www.google.co.th/#q=อีเมล shows 49,500,000 results, อีเมล is a lazy shortcut in ภาษาไทย
EEMAIL.IN.TH
อีเมล์.ไทย
อีเมล์.TH
https://www.google.co.th/#q=อีเมล์
70,500,000 results

Set 3: Java: Don't be fooled by low number of results from google, Java is valuable name to have in any TLD, and this is the official spelling for the coffee, the island, and the programming language
JAVA.IN.TH
จาวา.ไทย
จาวา.TH
1,540,000 results ()

Start at $500

Set 4:Changwat. A Changwat is the largest political division in Thailand, like a state or province. Could be used so many ways... Promoting tourism to Thai Changwats, selling properties in Thai Changwats, highlighting each Changwat's attractions, and so on.

For instance, Phuket is a Changwat (coincidentally there are smaller divisions named Phuket also, e.g. อำเภอภูเก็ต or Amphoe Phuket, like a county, and นครภูเก็ต or Nakorn Phuket, a city/town) Easily attract traffic for Phuket under subdomain ภูเก็ต.จังหวัด.ไทย for Thai language speakers, and phuket.changwat.in.th for people who do not speak Thai language.

CHANGWAT.IN.TH
จังหวัด.ไทย
จังหวัด.TH
160,000,000 results
https://www.google.co.th/#q=จังหวัด

Finally....

Start at $1000 USD

Set 5: Sawadee. Sawadee krap. Sabaay dee mai krap? With the choices of sawadee, sawatdee, sawasdee, and so many close but no cigar transliterations out there for this word, and all of the .com domains of these transliterations of the Thai word host Thai hotel, tourism, and restaurant guides.

Having the IDN สวัสดี under the country TLD, which is bundled with the .ไทย punycode TLD, is tantamount to owning the most important and most commonly used word in Thai language. A word which is so common and integral to Thai society must be of significant value. Any takers? This one will hold value forever (as will others I have) I am in no hurry to sell any of these, but make an offer :)

SAWADEE.IN.TH
สวัสดี.ไทย
สวัสดี.TH
85,700,000 results
https://www.google.co.th/#q=สวัสดี

"Having the IDN สวัสดี under the country TLD, which is bundled with the .ไทย punycode TLD, is tantamount to owning the most important and most commonly used word in Thai language."

Why the "hard sell" these for these names? Hello is hello, that's all. Its a good name, but not amazing. People don't search for "hello". hello.com doesn't even appear to have a site in English. And by the way, its not the most commonly used word in Thai language, written or spoken.

And yeah, we all know there are multiple transliterations (การทับศัพท์ ) for many Thai words into English. This isn't news for us. We've been discussing it on this forum since .... well, when the forum started. No need to tell us in 2013.

Finally, you say "อีเมล is a lazy shortcut in ภาษาไทย" - if you love Thailand you will know that Thai people often ignore the official government spelling of loan words. They write what they want to write. It isn't laziness. Just that Thai people like to do things their own way, อิสระเสรี and all that. Both are fine and in popular use. No need to call one a "lazy shortcut".

DNWins
24th September 2013, 03:12 PM
Call hard sell if you like, I just want there to be no confusion that these domain names all come together and can not be separated

TrafficDomainer
24th September 2013, 06:28 PM
I own a few idn.th names with their corresponding derivatives myself but last I know THNIC still hasn't allowed any ownership transfer. Has this changed?

domainguru
25th September 2013, 04:31 AM
Call hard sell if you like, I just want there to be no confusion that these domain names all come together and can not be separated

Its not me hard selling. I'm not selling anything ....

And like TrafficDomainer said, ThaiNIC (amongst many other restrictions) don't even allow names to be transferred to a new owner do they?

DNWins
26th September 2013, 05:14 AM
domainguru, you are selling .com (oh, sorry, .คอม, big difference) Thai Domains at ThaiDomains.com - you make it painfully clear.

I would be interested to know how much such an operation clears annually, what initial investments have been made, and how on earth you can deal with any volume of traffic directed at the hosting solution you have in place. I'd guess it's a front for money laundering....

In my limited dealings with you here, you have demonstrated yourself to be lacking in many ways - you do not understand the market you are operating in. Your dispute resolution strategies are unprofessional and counterproductive to put it mildly.

You endeavor to spread FUD regarding THNIC, an organization I worked with extensively to implement and support the Thai FOSS mirror project in 2006 and 2007 when I was working for an unnamed Thai internet security and software devlopment agency related to MICT and MOST, and the military establishment. I worked to promote developing Thai software for Thai people's consumption, spurring on projects for Thais to produce software for expiort, facilitated high level information and knowledge transfer which resulted in the establishment of an elite corp of Thai techiies (who I maintain close contact with), gave lectures to Thai students at many universities aroiund the country (Not just Chula and the expensive ones schools got our spport and attention - I think I once saw over 30 audiences from different Universities one year - and gave brief speeches and demonstrations at many trade shows to increase the confidence of my colleagues and the confidence put in them by Thai People, and to help these colleagues refine important soft skills.

THNIC will allow a transfer, I've done transfers with them before and will do transfers with them again. I have quite a few domains with them....

If any IDN buyer really thinks that Thai people will like .คอม domains, and more importantly, acually believe the Thai Government will allow those foreign domains to penetrate their market I feel bad for that IDN buyer. Thai Govenrment have been growing their infrastructure in many places with an explicit requirement that .ไทย domains be used wherever possible and their use promoted. Expecvt to see Thai email addresses with NO foreign characers other than @ sign in under 2 years..

The inmpending increase in usage both domestically and from outside Thai of .ไทย domains makes sir domainguru's already iffy holdings of .com Thai IDN domains his own albatross.

Enjoy!

DNWins
26th September 2013, 05:15 AM
I own a few idn.th names with their corresponding derivatives myself but last I know THNIC still hasn't allowed any ownership transfer. Has this changed?

Remember in Thailand laws are just suggestions. Message me directly if you ever want to work with THNIC

Cheers

domainguru
26th September 2013, 06:13 AM
domainguru, you are selling .com (oh, sorry, .คอม, big difference) Thai Domains at ThaiDomains.com - you make it painfully clear.

I would be interested to know how much such an operation clears annually, what initial investments have been made, and how on earth you can deal with any volume of traffic directed at the hosting solution you have in place. I'd guess it's a front for money laundering....

In my limited dealings with you here, you have demonstrated yourself to be lacking in many ways - you do not understand the market you are operating in. Your dispute resolution strategies are unprofessional and counterproductive to put it mildly.

You endeavor to spread FUD regarding THNIC, an organization I worked with extensively to implement and support the Thai FOSS mirror project in 2006 and 2007 when I was working for an unnamed Thai internet security and software devlopment agency related to MICT and MOST, and the military establishment. I worked to promote developing Thai software for Thai people's consumption, spurring on projects for Thais to produce software for expiort, facilitated high level information and knowledge transfer which resulted in the establishment of an elite corp of Thai techiies (who I maintain close contact with), gave lectures to Thai students at many universities aroiund the country (Not just Chula and the expensive ones schools got our spport and attention - I think I once saw over 30 audiences from different Universities one year - and gave brief speeches and demonstrations at many trade shows to increase the confidence of my colleagues and the confidence put in them by Thai People, and to help these colleagues refine important soft skills.

THNIC will allow a transfer, I've done transfers with them before and will do transfers with them again. I have quite a few domains with them....

If any IDN buyer really thinks that Thai people will like .คอม domains, and more importantly, acually believe the Thai Government will allow those foreign domains to penetrate their market I feel bad for that IDN buyer. Thai Govenrment have been growing their infrastructure in many places with an explicit requirement that .ไทย domains be used wherever possible and their use promoted. Expecvt to see Thai email addresses with NO foreign characers other than @ sign in under 2 years..

The inmpending increase in usage both domestically and from outside Thai of .ไทย domains makes sir domainguru's already iffy holdings of .com Thai IDN domains his own albatross.

Enjoy!

wow - such vitriol - and such a load of bullcrap.

"how on earth you can deal with any volume of traffic directed at the hosting solution you have in place. I'd guess it's a front for money laundering...."

I haven't got a clue what you are talking about - care to elaborate? Its a bog-standard domain sales site. How do you make the leap from that to "front to money laundering"? :lol: let alone the bizarre "how on earth you can deal with any volume of traffic directed at the hosting solution you have in place". That's just a random statement with no discernible meaning. Again, please explain your logic, if there is any, in that question.

"Your dispute resolution strategies are unprofessional and counterproductive to put it mildly."

Again, what does that mean? I've had no disputes.

How much traffic do your amazing .ไทย domains get? Oh, of course, you wouldn't know - you don't even park them.

Truth is - you have some very average domains, even if they were .com. Not terrible, but average.

Sorry you applied to list your .TH names at my site even when we make it very clear on the site we are .com only. You seem deeply offended by the fact I had to point that out to you. Sad.

As for your advice to TrafficDomainer:
"Remember in Thailand laws are just suggestions. Message me directly if you ever want to work with THNIC"

Great. Admitting .TH domains can't be legally transferred and then advising people to break the law. Sure you will garner much trust and many sales that way.

Had any offers on names that you have to break the law to transfer yet?

Good luck on the forum. Always nice to have new blood, even if its only people with advice on breaking the Thai law. Its amazing you list all your Thai "connections" and how long you've been working with high-up government officials and military (big wow!), and yet you end up with a bunch of very average names that nobody wants. Is "Java" and "Cangwat" really the best you can do? - they are so so average. Good luck finding a buyer anyway, you'll need it.

TrafficDomainer
26th September 2013, 04:46 PM
Remember in Thailand laws are just suggestions. Message me directly if you ever want to work with THNIC

Cheers

Re: .th transfers, I am aware of one way people have used to try to transfer their domains to buyers. You basically have to send in a request to cancel the domain and have the buyer submit a request to register the domain upon cancellation. THNIC staff will try their best to honor the request for registering it as a new domain upon cancellation by the previous owner. However, many buyers feel uncomfortable with this process that things could go wrong and they might not get the domains they purchased. Plus you also lose domain aging (with SEO value) in the process this way which affects the value of the domain itself.

I have spoken to THNIC about their no domain transfer policy before, but they said that in the future it may be possible for them to reconsider the policy but at this time they want to maintain this policy to ensure that domains are registered by end users. They do realize though that the no transfer policy inhibits growth for their domains as people with successful .th sites won't be able to reap the reward of their online success in terms of domain transferability as easily as .com site owners. Hence the reason you see more idn.com domains developed than idn.th domains till date.

As a Thai, I personally feel that idn.com is currently way ahead of idn.th in terms of actual developed sites. However, I do feel that there are rooms for both the extensions to be successful if THNIC formally allows domain transfers and relaxes its other restrictions in the near future.

Also when you sell these idn.th names here, I think it is important to disclose the ownership restrictions by THNIC that most foreign entities are not allowed to own .th extensions unless they are Thai residents with work permit or permanent residency of foreign companies with trademarks or presence in terms of business operation in Thailand.

TrafficDomainer
27th September 2013, 05:40 PM
Don't be fooled by low number of results from google, Java is valuable name to have in any TLD, and this is the official spelling for the coffee, the island, and the programming language
JAVA.IN.TH
จาวา.ไทย
จาวา.TH
1,540,000 results ()
=สวัสดี[/url]

By the way, just wanted to point out that จาวา (a translit) is only used to refer to the java computer programming language/script.

In Thai, if you want to refer to the Island or Coffee, you would use the spelling "ชวา" or "เกาะชวา" for Java Island and กาแฟชวา or "กาแฟเกาะชวา" for Java Coffee.