PDA

View Full Version : Drops?

idn
31st May 2006, 04:05 PM
You dropcatchers have been REALLY quiet. Either there are no good drops or you guys have collectively decided to be hush hush...

jose
31st May 2006, 04:18 PM
It's a ddddd issue. dropcatchers dropped dead.

touchring
31st May 2006, 04:18 PM
You dropcatchers have been REALLY quiet. Either there are no good drops or you guys have collectively decided to be hush hush...

No hush hush, just that there had been many new players in the market, so no one is in good mood. :p

Competition is now very tense. I see at least 10 new drop catchers from all over China - the trend started when Drew placed an order for a name caught by one of them.

Explorer
31st May 2006, 04:25 PM
No hush hush, just that there had been many new players in the market, so no one is in good mood. :p

Competition is now very tense. I see at least 10 new drop catchers from all over China - the trend started when Drew placed a 2k orders on a drop name caught by one of them.

I second that. Plus, the quality of the drops has decreased.

touchring
31st May 2006, 04:31 PM
I think that 10 will explode to 20, 30 or even 50, depending on how well they can sell the drops after catching them, so the effect is the same as snapnames or pool already going after them. It's amazing how things turn out differently from what we thought so just only 3 weeks ago.

Drewbert
31st May 2006, 04:38 PM
>the trend started when Drew placed an order for a name caught by one of them.

Yeah. My bad!

They're breeding like rabbits!

touchring
31st May 2006, 04:45 PM
>the trend started when Drew placed an order for a name caught by one of them.

Yeah. My bad!

They're breeding like rabbits!

Yes, i was actually tempted to buy that name, but i refrained. But it's a good buy. :)

This is also a reflection of the biz environment in China, once someone manages to make money doing something (gets through the language barrier), a whole swarm of competition will follow in impossibly quick time.

zibin
31st May 2006, 05:00 PM
Sorrie to spoil the fun guys.

Newbie over here. Whats 'drops' and whats 'dropcather'?

Thanks!

Drewbert
31st May 2006, 05:19 PM
>once someone manages to make money doing something (gets through the language
>barrier), a whole swarm of competition will follow in impossibly quick time.

Hopefully the same will apply for "typing CJK into the URL bar" :)

idn
31st May 2006, 05:42 PM
Sorrie to spoil the fun guys.

Newbie over here. Whats 'drops' and whats 'dropcather'?

Thanks!

Drops are domains that expire.

A dropcatcher is an evil person that resides in idn hell and registers all the expiring idns before the normal folk.

Drewbert
31st May 2006, 06:07 PM
Where's the evil laugh 666 icon when you need it?

Explorer
31st May 2006, 06:46 PM
Where's the evil laugh 666 icon when you need it?

I think the guys from Oregon monopolized it.

touchring
31st May 2006, 06:53 PM
Drops are domains that expire.

A dropcatcher is an evil person that resides in idn hell and registers all the expiring idns before the normal folk.

I'll like to add that a dropcatcher must be catching drops since August 2005 to qualify for that evil title! :p

Explorer
2nd June 2006, 06:38 PM
Today was a huge day. I was after the biggest domain and didn't get it. Oh, well.

idn
2nd June 2006, 06:39 PM
Today was a huge day. I was after the biggest domain and didn't get it. Oh, well.

which domain?

Drewbert
2nd June 2006, 06:54 PM

You and me both, baby.

idn
2nd June 2006, 06:56 PM
You and me both, baby.

So, could you save me the time of going through today's droplist?

Explorer
2nd June 2006, 06:57 PM
It's probably pointless to compete with those boys from Oregon. I don't know why I am still doing it....

bwhhisc
2nd June 2006, 07:20 PM
Just curious, are the guys from Oregon are a known group?