PDA

View Full Version : Official brokers here?

BandAid
23rd December 2013, 03:51 AM
I have a good Japanese-Arabic IDN portfolio from 2001+. I'm too busy/uninformed to handle the sales negotiations. I would like to subscriber with a reputed brokerage service recommended (or owned) by members here for percentage of sales. Any advice? Thanks.

squirrel
23rd December 2013, 06:04 AM
You have leads that you need someone to work on or you're looking for a broker to proactively find buyers ?

BandAid
23rd December 2013, 09:29 AM
You have leads that you need someone to work on or you're looking for a broker to proactively find buyers ?

Neither actually. I'm not trying to "market" domains, I just need a smart, well informed agent who knows how to set the prices, negotiate, and can handle buyers. I'm basically trying to buy my peace of mind by partnering with an agent. I don't want to deal with buyers.

About half my portfolio is Arabic. Early this year I had to "surrender" 3 domains that "belong" to a 100,000 person Arabic tribe. They basically intimidated me by phone and were one person away from coming to my house actually. Same thing with buyers calling from Saudi Arabia and Qatar.

If I were some office in the U.S. or somewhere else they would have probably bought it with a smile.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

squirrel
23rd December 2013, 02:35 PM
Ok, I am sure it is feasible.

Do you mind if I post in this thread or would you prefer a pm ?

BandAid
24th December 2013, 03:32 AM
Ok, I am sure it is feasible.

Do you mind if I post in this thread or would you prefer a pm ?

Please go ahead and post here; it's an interesting & general topic. Lets collect some ideas.

squirrel
24th December 2013, 02:20 PM
There is Schilling's DNS platform that allows sending leads to a broker of your choice.

You could also use a custom lead gen form or redirect the leads to domainagent and have someone reply to offers. This however has the downside of not being compatible with parking.

I am not sure if you want to completely remove your info from whois ? In which case you really have to trust the person representing you.

I know some brokers, they are not knowledgeable of IDNs but I could assist if needed.

As a side note, I think pricing your inventory might be a good idea.

BandAid
31st December 2013, 11:53 AM
I am not sure if you want to completely remove your info from whois ? In which case you really have to trust the person representing you.

I did that (hide whois) for some troublesome domains.

As a side note, I think pricing your inventory might be a good idea.

This requires research. I can't price the domains beforehand; I have to identify the potential buyers first. I have mostly generic domains and they clear the TM issue problems, but there are only a few critical buyers for them (I'm talking about corporate buyers and not some guy(s) somewhere).

I have to come up with some kind of formula that takes in the buyer's annual report (profits, operational expenditures, advertisement budget, public exposure...etc.) I have to set the domain price within the "viable" range of the corporation, neither low nor high!

THIS NEEDS SMART DEDICATED PROFESSIONALS! (I'll keep looking...)

oldguy
25th January 2014, 03:38 PM
I can't price the domains beforehand; I have to identify the potential buyers first.

I have to come up with some kind of formula that takes in the buyer's annual report (profits, operational expenditures, advertisement budget, public exposure...etc.) I have to set the domain price within the "viable" range of the corporation, neither low nor high!

THIS NEEDS SMART DEDICATED PROFESSIONALS! (I'll keep looking...)

I hope you find what you are looking for and it may be out there. From my perspective, valuations of names vary widely from potential buyer to buyer. I don't know any formula nor even a way to educated guess, what a corporation might be willing to spend.

blastfromthepast
25th January 2014, 08:22 PM
Wrong approach. You don't sell low to regular people, and sell at a high price to the rich. You set a price, and stick with it. Otherwise you have customers complaining why you sold so and so at the other price to the other customer. The rich will complain that you are setting a special price to rip them off, the poor will complain that you are giving them a discount, and therefore something is wrong with your product otherwise you wouldn't have sold it to them at a discount, which leads to the rich not seeing a reason to buy your cheap product to begin with. Nobody wins, and you've started the downward spiral of lower prices and destruction of the market.

BandAid
26th January 2014, 03:44 AM
Wrong approach. You don't sell low to regular people, and sell at a high price to the rich. You set a price, and stick with it...

This would have been valid if I were Wal-Mart or Costco, but I'm neither. The number of "rich, corporate" clients that I'm interested in selling to is very limited (1-4 per domain at most). I will not sell to unknown (regular) buyers. Furthermore, all transactions are strictly confidential.

Also, this scheme will not affect the market because domain names are sort of personal assets to the corporation. Its is difficult to draw comparisons between different acquisition costs of "different" names that belong to "different" corporations.