PDA

View Full Version : Use of 网 in simp chinese

Wot
1st June 2006, 02:07 AM
Trying to get some feedback from native/speakers/readers.

Seems to be a leaning towards this shortened version 网 (net) when referring to the internet - typically chinese.

Anyway being a newbie I checked on english usage of net as a prefix and most good net@#$%.com go back to the mid 90's.

I have subsequently picked up a few 网 simp chinese prefix names in the hope that this is the adopted version.

网购物.com net shopping www.xn--g2x58yeyk.com for instance gets 13 million at Google.cn

网新闻.com news www.xn--efv838cm6p.com gets over 9 million at Google.cn

It looks like I am on the right track but advice would be appreciated.

sakillll
1st June 2006, 01:30 PM
sorry.
They are junk.

the right term is 购物网,新闻网.

Rubber Duck
1st June 2006, 01:37 PM
Actually looking at the number of Google Adwords that the term 网购物 returns in addition to the 13M results searching between quotation marks, I would be very surprise if this term was junk in domaining terms.

Giant
1st June 2006, 02:09 PM
sorry.
They are junk.

the right term is 购物网,新闻网.

They are junk.

Rubber Duck
1st June 2006, 02:14 PM
Thanks Giant. That is interesting to note that Google is capable of throwing up Adwords terms that presumably nobody has bid. I think we have to assume that people won't bid on junk, especially when the companies involved appear to be local. Frankly, that is extremely worrying as due to a lack of any other data this has been a method we have used extensively to verify terms!

markits
1st June 2006, 02:20 PM
Unfortunatly sakillll and giant are right.

Wot, please pm me for translation next time you want to reg a Chinese domain. I won't compete with you. Remember I had requested your hlep for similar thing at DNF?

Wot
2nd June 2006, 12:07 AM
Unfortunatly sakillll and giant are right.

Wot, please pm me for translation next time you want to reg a Chinese domain. I won't compete with you. Remember I had requested your hlep for similar thing at DNF?

Thanks markits, it appears that responses come here when things are not correct or when a mistake is made. Very little positive reaction - except from a few. Others seem to titter in the background- ah well , that's life.

I assume that the term is the accepted term for net?

我的网.com is this OK

sahoo
2nd June 2006, 04:42 PM
Thanks markits, it appears that responses come here when things are not correct or when a mistake is made. Very little positive reaction - except from a few. Others seem to titter in the background- ah well , that's life.

I assume that the term is the accepted term for net?

我的网.com is this OK

yes, very funny.^_^

i am in china ,if you want to register chinese idns, you can cooperate with me

good luck ^_^

thefabfive
2nd June 2006, 05:00 PM
Actually looking at the number of Google Adwords that the term 网购物 returns in addition to the 13M results searching between quotation marks, I would be very surprise if this term was junk in domaining terms.
I think you have to look for the actual phrase - 网购物 - appearing in the ads. Baidu.com also shows ads for this term but taking a closer look you can see the only portion of the phrase that appears in the ads is 购物.

Also, checking out the search results you can see that 网购物 does not appear along but is usually the back end of another term.

These are the Baidu ads for example:

购物袋--温州富龙塑料制..
本公司拥有工业平机、高频机、注塑机、制版、等先进生产设备,..
www.wzfulong.com

购物袋--深圳兴利
大型生产厂家主要产品有:购物袋、礼品袋、空调袋、电脑罩、西..
www.szxiongtai.com

购物袋 网上惊喜特卖
特别提供新款箱包、袋,百万商家免费抢注,注册送大礼,赶快行动
www.vnvbiz.com

touchring
2nd June 2006, 07:38 PM
"Net Buying" is 网络购物 (i do not know if this is a popular term though), uses the full form, 网络. The shorten form 网 is used only at the back.