PDA

View Full Version : I am sure this qualifies as news - but nonsense!

Wot
1st June 2006, 09:53 AM
After registering some IDN gems thru DD24 and thinking how clever I was I get this email :confused: :

Dear Sir,

we found that the CNNIC does not allow multilingual third level domains.
Due to an error of their gateway it came that these (your) domains had
been registered. Anyway all IDN third level domains will finally be
deleted within the next 2 weeks and youĺl get your money refunded.

With best regards

Your Team @ Domaindiscount24.com

Key-Systems GmbH
Prager Ring 4-12
D- 66482 Zweibruecken

CNNIC - not allowing IDNS - and the moon is made of cheese :)

Ah well, another project up in smoke- on to the next.

Olney
1st June 2006, 10:05 AM
Can you provide an example of how this is news or what exactly happened?
If you tried to register an IDN by the punycode with a registry that doesn't register IDNs well this just got reduced to a discussion. We all knew that.

Rubber Duck
1st June 2006, 10:26 AM
If you tried to register an IDN by the punycode with a registry that doesn't register IDNs well this just got reduced to a discussion. We all knew that.

Well it was always news to me that CNNIC was doing IDNs on these extensions. I have to say that I am not surprised. The path of an IDN has always been strewn with frustrations. It was ever thus.

Wot
1st June 2006, 11:08 AM

How did we all know that?

I have been posting about the registration of idns in 3rd level for almost three weeks - they have been in my account for that time. I don't mind if we told you so?

CNNIC does not register idn , surely that is not what you are saying? Just not in 3rd level - but they will accept english. As I said it's nonsense and I have now moved on.

At least I got a response to this post. :)

Well it was always news to me that CNNIC was doing IDNs on these extensions. I have to say that I am not surprised. The path of an IDN has always been strewn with frustrations. It was ever thus.

Equally ,I am not surprised just :confused:

markits
1st June 2006, 11:30 AM
Wot, I don't like these 3rd level ext at all. I am glad that you get the money back so that you can re-invest in better domains.
Cheer up.

blastfromthepast
1st June 2006, 01:16 PM
After registering some IDN gems thru DD24 and thinking how clever I was I get this email :confused: :

Dear Sir,

DD24 has been providing consistently bad service lately. From nameservers that take several attempts to transfer over, to constantly failing bulk registrations.

blastfromthepast
1st June 2006, 01:16 PM

Dear Sir,

DD24 has been providing consistently bad service lately. From nameservers that take several attempts to transfer over, to constantly failing bulk registrations.