PDA

View Full Version : Anyone registering the new gTLDs?

idn
9th April 2014, 04:26 PM
Or sick of domains.

I've registered 3 so far.

Steve Clarke
9th April 2014, 05:07 PM
I've been dropping about a third of my portfolio, and putting that money into cryptocurrency, instead.

techguy
9th April 2014, 05:21 PM
only one so far.

MultilingualDomains

idn
9th April 2014, 07:58 PM
I've been dropping about a third of my portfolio, and putting that money into cryptocurrency, instead.

I noticed. You could have sold a few of those on the forum as they were sucked up pretty quick.

So, one risky investment to the next? Sounds good to me.

clipper
9th April 2014, 10:25 PM
I picked up some .みんな names. Mostly replacing others I've dropped.

Wot
9th April 2014, 10:39 PM

.guru in a moment of weakness GU-RU.guru. :eek:

Dropped a lot of names both IDN & ASCII.

Playing more golf with the released renewal fees. :-D

IdnHost
9th April 2014, 11:01 PM
Nope, not even 1.

mchold
9th April 2014, 11:04 PM
if the roots is more than the domains,then the root is less than a domain

idn
10th April 2014, 12:06 AM
if the roots is more than the domains,then the root is less than a domain

A wise man once said; every downfall is another opportunity to get back up and fight.

Jay
11th April 2014, 07:48 AM
I picked up a few شبكة. I like the extension personally, which I can't say for most of the other new gTLDs.

Jay
11th April 2014, 07:52 AM

Same. It's a pity the crypto market has tanked (for the time being at least). But a good opportunity for newcomers to get in (just a friendly tip, which you should consider at your own risk).

Rubber Duck
11th April 2014, 09:17 AM
I would strongly advise against anyone investing in Kleptocurrencies.

To use the term currency for something which patently is not in any accepted meaning of the Word as understood by currency professional is an abomination in itself.

The mere fact they have limited numbers and can be traded without fees does not in my opinion elevate them about Player's Cigarette Cards. In fact they are much worse because the Player's cards are definitely collectables whereas sequences of computer code are not. If they were were people would be registering punycode names without caring what the Unicode version was.

idn
11th April 2014, 12:43 PM
Same. It's a pity the crypto market has tanked (for the time being at least).

I'm actually waiting for it to tank. It wasn't that long ago (relatively speaking) that you could buy btc for less than $100. I'm not referring to the mtgox mess either.

Seems like a lot of people are expecting a big drop in the middle of the month. Something to do with Chinese banks. Admittedly, I read this in passing so perhaps I have no idea what I am talking about.

Steve Clarke
11th April 2014, 04:49 PM
I plan on keeping my better IDNs, but making a few bucks, with the Cryptos, so its been good for me. It could drop like a rock eventually, but theirs a boatload of new people starting with it everyday, at the moment, and prices are climbing steady for Altcoin.
Yesterday, I saw one climb 7,000 percent in a 24 hour period, and one today, at over 2,300, everyday many will go up and down, but seeing 100 percent climb in a day, is ordinary. Pretty good margins, I believe. I'll take some of that action, at the moment. It might end up tanking, down the road...but, I keep hearing the regular economic system is going to blowup, in 2015...so we'll see how it goes.

squirrel
11th April 2014, 04:53 PM
Same. It's a pity the crypto market has tanked (for the time being at least). But a good opportunity for newcomers to get in (just a friendly tip, which you should consider at your own risk).

Send me a list Jay, don't be shy ;)

Jay
11th April 2014, 07:39 PM
Send me a list Jay, don't be shy ;)

All the major cryptos went up 10% since I posted. Gotta be quick in this game.

Jay
11th April 2014, 08:26 PM
Seems like a lot of people are expecting a big drop in the middle of the month. Something to do with Chinese banks. Admittedly, I read this in passing so perhaps I have no idea what I am talking about.

China likes to ban things it can't regulate - what else is new?

squirrel
12th April 2014, 02:35 PM
All the major cryptos went up 10% since I posted. Gotta be quick in this game.

I was referring to the IDNs you're letting drop.

I do not really care about crypto to be honest. If some of them become currency I'll just use them as currency. From what I could gather, most of the BTC trading volume is Chinese moving money abroad. + The IRS decided every BTC transaction on US soil would result in a cap gain/loss. Not ideal conditions for the growth of BTC in my opinion.

Jay
12th April 2014, 03:54 PM
I was referring to the IDNs you're letting drop

Haha. Well I might hold on to one or two - we'll see!

العاب.شبكة (games)
عروس.شبكة (bride)
اشعار.شبكة (poems)
قصص.شبكة (stories)
عدن.شبكة (Aden - city in Yemen)
بريدة.شبكة (Buraidah - city in Saudi Arabia)

Avtal
12th April 2014, 06:37 PM
If you are letting domains drop, you might consider listing them for sale for $1 at the Dynadot Marketplace, and letting people here know. Some benefits:

1) $0.95 Dynadot credit (which is what you get if someone buys the domain) is better than nothing.
2) You are helping out your fellow forum members by saving them the trouble of monitoring drop lists and participating in snapname auctions.
3) You get an idea of which of your dropping domains are of interest to other domainers, which might help you decide which of your remaining domains to drop or keep.

Avtal