PDA

View Full Version : Domainsite Problems?

Rubber Duck
1st June 2006, 06:38 PM
Just to let you know that I have been having problems with domains disappearing off the radar screen. I have been trying to update a selection of domains, but some of the them have disappeared. When I do the lost password thing, I am told which account they are in but when I search the account they cannot be found or updated.

The solution to this problem in my case was to push the domain to another account which the system would let you do. The name then duely appears and you are able to edit. Very disconcerting. I would hope we get an explaination on the matter a some point.

IDNCowboy
1st June 2006, 06:41 PM
Just to let you know that I have been having problems with domains disappearing off the radar screen. I have been trying to update a selection of domains, but some of the them have disappeared. When I do the lost password thing, I am told which account they are in but when I search the account they cannot be found or updated.

The solution to this problem in my case was to push the domain to another account which the system would let you do. The name then duely appears and you are able to edit. Very disconcerting. I would hope we get an explaination on the matter a some point.
I've also run into problems where a domain with only one script can't be registered at domainsite but can be registered at dynadot. (Shows taken at domainsite but available at dynadot)... Another time I tried it finally went thru on domainsite.

Lotsa bugs lately

Rubber Duck
1st June 2006, 06:53 PM
Answering my own question. having spoken to Scott the problem is that if you have more than 100 names listed then Search function only works on the first 100 shown unless you first click on the Show All Tab. Not rational, but that is how it works! So the names hadn't actually disappeared, I just couldn't find them!

I've also run into problems where a domain with only one script can't be registered at domainsite but can be registered at dynadot. (Shows taken at domainsite but available at dynadot)... Another time I tried it finally went thru on domainsite.

Lotsa bugs lately

There have been a lot of issues with Language tabs particularly with the Bulk Tool, but most of them appear to have been resolved now. A lack of Language Tab was causing registration failures. The only issue that I am currently aware of is with Azeri where they won't go through unless you select Turkish.

mulligan
1st June 2006, 06:59 PM
Every few days I click on the (plain text list) button and copy and paste it into an excel spread sheet, just so I know where I stand should something happen to their database.
This is apart from a database of my own that I keep with punycode, name, translation, Ovt, expiry date and where applicable bids etc.

I also suggest to newbies that they have some seperate clone accounts for different languages. Its a real bonus when you're looking for a name instead of scrolling through 100's of names.

Also, use the Ctrl F key to find a particular name if you know its characters or punycode after clicking the (show all names) button.

Im assuming we all use methods similar to this but for those who are new.... There ya go

One gripe about the cloned accounts, you cant get back to your 'master' account from it without logging out and logging back in..