PDA

View Full Version : There are *still* good JP domains out there

jose
2nd June 2006, 04:54 AM
Take a look at the ones I got today:

xn--dckvcvat7gqi.com (マタニティー.com) Maternity !

xn--dckc7d9b4b.com (ディバイス.com) Device

xn--dckj4e4a.net (エディタ.net) Editor

xn--cck0buggw2l.net (ミュージアム.net) Museum !

xn--dckzbva3a3o.net (ディジタル.net) Digital !

update: (09/07/06)

xn--ickta7o.net (レゲエ.net) Reggae

xn--hck5ctej7b.net (トラヴェル.net) TRAVEL <- Yes, it's true. Check OVT values!

Note: If you want them, PM me. I'll let them go real cheap.

markits
2nd June 2006, 05:28 AM
Nice domains!

Although top domains are all gone, there are still many good ones remaining unregged. I regged about 20 this week including some ovt with ext 100+.

eg, 北朝鮮.net, North Korea in Japanese, [ovt 37411 北朝鮮], [Ovt 14715 朝鮮].

しそ酢.com [Ovt 144,369 しそ 酢]. Ten ovt bids on しそ酢.

jose
2nd June 2006, 07:50 AM
Thanks markits! Your's very nice also, especially North Korea!

What does しそ酢 means?!

Rubber Duck
2nd June 2006, 07:56 AM
Thanks markits! Your's very nice also, especially North Korea!

What does しそ酢 means?!

Actually Maternity appears to be a very big commercial term. Congratulations.

jose
2nd June 2006, 04:34 PM
Thanks a lot Rubber. A complement is allows good to hear, but coming from an expert like you is truly a great endorsement. How about the others?

jose
9th June 2006, 06:43 PM
update: (09/07/06)

xn--ickta7o.net (レゲエ.net) Reggae

xn--hck5ctej7b.net (トラヴェル.net) TRAVEL <- Yes, it's true. Check OVT values!

nipponIDN
29th June 2006, 09:19 AM
Sorry for the negative post:
Maternity and device don't make any sense in Japanese. They're just translated into Katakana in a literal manner.
Digital is spelt wrong.
Travel, museum, and editor in Katakana do make sense, but they're never used by an average Japanese person. Editor in Katakana is a bit awkward too.
Reggae seems fine.

Rubber Duck
29th June 2006, 09:29 AM
Maternity and device don't make any sense in Japanese. They're just translated into Katakana in a literal manner.
Digital is spelt wrong.
Travel, museum, and editor in Katakana do make sense, but they're never used by an average Japanese person. Editor in Katakana is a bit awkward too.
Reggae seems fine.

Thanks Nippon and welcome to the Forum. I am sure all the members here will appreciate being told exactly how it is, even if it isn't always good news.

jose
29th June 2006, 04:14 PM
Digital is spelt wrong.
Reggae seems fine.

Hello nipponIDN, welcome to the forum!

I certainly know what it feels when people post domains in your own native language! Each language AND culture has it's own very specific characterics.

How wrong I was about this. I thought TRAVEL was rubish because it was a typo and you say it's ok. I thought Maternity was the best one!

But something doesn't really makes sense. Are you absolutely sure about this, for instance, for Maternity?! I mean can it be used on some countries, or else? If not, something is very wrong about OVT. It gave me great values for that domains and also, there are a lot of bids for Maternity, and the words that trigger those bids is entered by hand by the advertisers! They have entered the word "Maternity" on the system. Haven't they?!?!?!?

SO, what's wrong? WE ALL NEED TO FIND THIS OUT!

thegenius1
29th June 2006, 04:37 PM
Images Results 1 - 20 of about 31,200 for マタニティー
http://images.google.com/images?q=%E3%83%9E%E3%82%BF%E3%83%8B%E3%83%86%E3%82%A3%E3%83%BC&ndsp=20&svnum=10&hl=en&lr=&start=0&sa=N

jose
29th June 2006, 05:08 PM
Images Results 1 - 20 of about 31,200 for マタニティー
http://images.google.com/images?q=%E3%83%9E%E3%82%BF%E3%83%8B%E3%83%86%E3%82%A3%E3%83%BC&ndsp=20&svnum=10&hl=en&lr=&start=0&sa=N

Indeed... :o

I was trusting nipponIDN words... Can it be a different dialect?! Getting more confused each time...

thefabfive
29th June 2006, 05:16 PM
One thing I did notice though is that the Ovt results are for マタニティ and not exactly マタニティー. Same with the Google images - most (not all) images are for マタニティ -- probably a 70-30 split. And finally, Google trends show results for マタニティ but not マタニティー.

I don't know what the real difference is between マタニティ and マタニティー but maybe that's the key.

Rubber Duck
29th June 2006, 05:18 PM
Indeed... :o

I was trusting nipponIDN words... Can it be a different dialect?! Getting more confused each time...

I have picked up a Kanji term 母性 but it doesn't seem to be that hot in terms of Advertising.

I think FabFive is right. You probably have an extra character in their that has some grammatical significance, but will kill the domain.

jose
29th June 2006, 05:25 PM
Yes, indeed. I think it's the OVT close enought problem! We have to be very carefull about that!

Nevertheless, I hope nipponIDN we clear all this for us asap.

Thanks all for the help. We all learn from this in the end.

UPDATE: The ++" " usage clears all the doubts! Dough! Why do I keep forgeting it...

nipponIDN
30th June 2006, 01:22 AM
Authenticity
The first thing you notice when you type the word "maternity" into Google Japan is that the results on the first page will show the word without the dash at the end. That is one thing to think about.
Usage
The word is rather a "hip" one which gets used in magazines, but it is not a conversational vocabulary. I believe that it is also rare for the word to be used by itself.
Valuation
Scarcity is the fundamental problem; in the very near future, any single word that makes even a slight sense, even if it is indutry specific, will have value. With that in mind, maternity (even with your spelling) may have some real value.