PDA

View Full Version : Verisign Downgraded By Wells Fargo: Growth Is Slowing Due To New gTLD’s

Drewbert
28th June 2014, 12:29 AM
http://www.thedomains.com/2014/06/27/verisign-downgraded-by-wells-fargo-growth-is-slowing-due-to-new-gtlds-could-get-worse/

You know what you need to do, Verisign!

Steve Clarke
29th June 2014, 03:58 PM
Also their IDN regs are probably in reverse, now, as the veterans drop a percentage of their registrations, due to inactivity, on both ICANN and Verisigns, part.
And some are regging .cc IDNs, and new gtld IDNs, which have been obviously fast tracked.....while we languish, in reverse, with our .com's
Personally I've been dropping about 25 - 30%, of my lower end names, and will continue to do so...and I expect there are a number of members here, with large holdings, doing the same thing.

NameYourself
30th June 2014, 03:51 AM
Also their IDN regs are probably in reverse, now, as the veterans drop a percentage of their registrations, due to inactivity, on both ICANN and Verisigns, part.

Personally I've been dropping about 25 - 30%, of my lower end names, and will continue to do so...

Lots of ascii .com holders are trimming which is where I believe a large part of the decline is likely taking place. Not to diminish the significance of our IDN investments, but they do only account for less than 1% of the entire .com namespace.. obviously that could change a lot in their favor if they do things right.. and need to do quickly if they want to become popular in countries already offering their own idn tlds.