PDA

View Full Version : Sample contract

drbiohealth
8th July 2014, 02:26 AM
Can someone please point me to a sample contract for joint domain development (i.e. the domainer contributes the domain while the partner (e.g. web-company) does the development)? Any pitfalls in such an arrangement that folks here might be aware of, or experienced?

How r u all, looks like the waiting game continues still..:(.

Thank you!

squirrel
8th July 2014, 04:40 AM
in most cases it is better to simply hire a web dev instead of doing a JV.

As the domain owner you'll have to consider what happens if the project fails, who then owns the domain and who gets it back or part of it. In most instances I would think domain owners would want 100% of their domain back, in which case the web dev will want to be paid somewhat for the development work done even though the project failed. Now if the web dev cannot get any assurance that he'll get paid at some point even if the project fails, he'll most likely demand a high revenue share.

squirrel
8th July 2014, 04:43 AM
It rarely works to be honest, as in, it rarely gets off the ground because parties disagree on many things and/or no one has the cash flow to kickstart the business.

On the other hand, now is a good time to launch in markets where there is little competition.

squirrel
8th July 2014, 04:47 AM
If you go forward and need help you can pm me