PDA

View Full Version : Cyrillic auction at Sedo

Wot
13th September 2014, 02:10 AM
Guess this will be a huge success. :-p

https://sedo.com/search/searchresult.php4?tracked=1&partnerid=0&language=us

Emil
15th September 2014, 06:09 PM
i dont think i ever recall this forum to be that dead for so long!! is this the official death of IDNs even when hard core believers are abscent?

Wot
16th September 2014, 10:59 AM
Been communicating with a long time domainer in China and his response to "what is happening in China with IDN" was "basically nothing don't bother to invest"!

Sold off or dropped most of mine, down from 500+ to about 40, kept a few favourites. ASCII currently is not much better though.

16th September 2014, 12:20 PM
Been communicating with a long time domainer in China and his response to "what is happening in China with IDN" was "basically nothing don't bother to invest". Sold off or dropped most of mine, down from 500+ to about 40, kept a few favourites. ASCII currently is not much better though.

I think times are depressing in ASCII too if cabs.com sells for 50k.

http://www.thedomains.com/2014/09/15/cabs-com-sells-on-sedo-for-50k/

Musik.de (music.de) a top keyword, in one of the largest domain markets sold for 99,999 EUR. Not that this is bad but it isn't stellar either.

With results like these i prefer not to read about recent domain sales. With IDNs i am at least not expecting any high sales :lol:

Emil
16th September 2014, 12:41 PM
wow, that's a steal, cab medallions in NY cost over $1million

idn
16th September 2014, 01:57 PM
Sold off or dropped most of mine, down from 500+ to about 40, kept a few favourites. ASCII currently is not much better though.

Dramatically reducing as well. There's no market and us as investors/speculators can't create one. I personally think things will still get worse.

Emil
16th September 2014, 05:06 PM
should just hedge whatever is left of the portfolio and buy Verisign puts, short that b1tch

DktoInc
19th September 2014, 05:21 AM
for sure, this stopped looking like an investor's dream forum a while ago. Now it's more like a waiting room. Should pick up the pace again hopefully by 2018 which is soon in idn years. :rolleyes:

Avtal
19th September 2014, 06:00 AM
Should pick up the pace again hopefully by 2018 which is soon in idn years. :rolleyes:

According to my calculations, that's the year Verisign will apply for .com in Georgian.

Avtal

DktoInc
20th September 2014, 12:56 AM
that's the year Verisign will apply for .com in Georgian.

Avtal

investor's dream

[EDIT]

or nightmare.

alibuba
20th September 2014, 09:54 AM
Would still be nice to meet everyone who started out here. Probably wouldn't be enjoying fine wines or celebrating. Just remorsing about how we failed haha.

Anyone else want to chime in out predictions or whatever thoughts are out there.

I personally think a lot are and have lost money but let's take into consideration that verisign is yet to finish what they started and they as well as all other gtld applications are not doing so well.

Until their shit is out we will know right now we wait and yes it sucks ass to fucking wait 14 years. Hundreds of apps came in and I totally get that verisign won't dump their come in with all the garbage. They need them to die down then they will come out with news. I just hope they say something soon. They are worthless until they are complete and available. Then we see value.

Wot
20th September 2014, 10:35 AM
Would still be nice to meet everyone who started out here. Probably wouldn't be enjoying fine wines or celebrating. Just remorsing about how we failed haha.

Anyone else want to chime in out predictions or whatever thoughts are out there.

I personally think a lot are and have lost money but let's take into consideration that verisign is yet to finish what they started and they as well as all other gtld applications are not doing so well.

Until their shit is out we will know right now we wait and yes it sucks ass to fucking wait 14 years. Hundreds of apps came in and I totally get that verisign won't dump their come in with all the garbage. They need them to die down then they will come out with news. I just hope they say something soon. They are worthless until they are complete and available. Then we see value.

I think I am probably one of the few who has actually made money with IDN. More by luck than judgement as I was selling because it was taking too long to get anywhere and I am too damn old but at the time when sentiment was much better.

20th September 2014, 07:21 PM

i don't like to make predictions as i have often been wrong. I think in the next year little will change. But i could be wrong and the unexpected always happens when you expect it the least and that could mean we will see tons of sales. I doubt it but i don't think the situation will get much worse, prices are already very depressed, you see a lot of dictionary words in major languages selling for reg-fee. It can't get any lower than this. We won't see IDNs given away for free. I think people will continue to spend money on renewals and auctions etc.. and many will not have a positive ROI on their purchases, but will still hope and wait for future price increases.

I have lost some money but i didn't invest that much. Also i got started much later than most. If i tried to sell-off my domains today i would probably have lost more than 50% perhaps even as much as 80% of what i spent. I didn't expect any positive ROI soon so i am not disappointed (yet).

idn
20th September 2014, 07:54 PM
...i don't think the situation will get much worse.

iphone 6/IOS 8 will eliminate even more traffic.

domainguru
22nd September 2014, 01:08 PM
iphone 6/IOS 8 will eliminate even more traffic.

Never sold a domain to a native based on traffic (thankfully). Thai sales are looking up since the military takeover. Made 3 sales in last month + other offers. Better than last 2 years combined.

clipper
22nd September 2014, 07:26 PM
Never sold a domain to a native based on traffic (thankfully). Thai sales are looking up since the military takeover. Made 3 sales in last month + other offers. Better than last 2 years combined.

:up:

New gTLDs have been out for over a year with no apparent success in any language:

http://outernets.com/namestat.png

Source: namestat.org (http://namestat.org/)

A while back we were concerned that these other IDN gtlds would steal the thunder from .com-in-IDN if they launched first.

Not sure if Verisign will (or could) bring anything to the table in terms of market interest at this point.:yawn:

idn
23rd September 2014, 02:11 AM

Not looking for traffic to sell the domain. Looking for traffic to make revenue! The revenue was fairly nice when the dot com was appended. Now it sucks. I don't believe you own much outside of Thai so you probably were not greatly effected.

domainguru
23rd September 2014, 03:52 AM
Not looking for traffic to sell the domain. Looking for traffic to make revenue! The revenue was fairly nice when the dot com was appended. Now it sucks. I don't believe you own much outside of Thai so you probably were not greatly effected.

I was indeed greatly affected. Traffic revenue dropped about 60%. In monetary terms, not a huge amount of money, but you always want your domains paying for renewals and then some :)

Rubber Duck
23rd September 2014, 07:24 AM
Wasn't so long ago that Rick Schwartz was Pooh Poohing the whole concept of E-Commerce in China. Now we have Alibaba with the biggest IPO ever, and it didn't happen in some unheard of location with funny money......well perhaps at least not in some unheard of location.

:up:

New gTLDs have been out for over a year with no apparent success in any language:

http://outernets.com/namestat.png

Source: namestat.org (http://namestat.org/)

A while back we were concerned that these other IDN gtlds would steal the thunder from .com-in-IDN if they launched first.

Not sure if Verisign will (or could) bring anything to the table in terms of market interest at this point.:yawn:

2nd October 2014, 08:26 AM
Guess this will be a huge success. :-p

https://sedo.com/search/searchresult.php4?tracked=1&partnerid=0&language=us

:-p

30 hours left, not a single bid despite 3 figure reserve prices. If the premiums can't sell the lesser quality ones won't either. At least not to domain investors or at least not on Sedo.

I have not followed any Sedo auctions but if this doesn't get any bids wouldn't that qualify for one of the worst Sedo premium auctions ever?

Wot
2nd October 2014, 11:59 PM
:-p

30 hours left, not a single bid despite 3 figure reserve prices. If the premiums can't sell the lesser quality ones won't either. At least not to domain investors or at least not on Sedo.

I have not followed any Sedo auctions but if this doesn't get any bids wouldn't that qualify for one of the worst Sedo premium auctions ever?

There is one bid of $99 on a name with reserve starting at $1000.

15 hours left. They have had some awful auction results lately but this one was destined to fail from day one and is likely to be the worst one ever.

Lack of research on Sedo's part and reserves too high is usually the overriding factor on most of their auctions. They now try to boost auctions numbers by showing names that have been sent to auction with reserve met as "no reserve".

Wot
3rd October 2014, 12:42 AM
There is a .jetzt auction coming soon with a few IDN destined to fail.

And here is a small selection of the gems scheduled for auction.

Sientific.com

HarriPotter.com

Entrepaneur.com

DelawareOnlione.com

The mind boggles!

3rd October 2014, 07:43 AM
7 hours left, 1 $99 bid below reserve.

There is a .jetzt auction coming soon with a few IDN destined to fail.

the .jetzt auction is pure ASCII and looks even worse than the cyrillic, 0 bids but still one week left.

tee1
3rd October 2014, 08:15 PM
Someone out bid me damn hehe. Anyone know where it closed?
Interested to know if it was only 1 other bidder or more :eek:

7 hours left, 1 $99 bid below reserve

Wot
14th October 2014, 07:25 AM
7 hours left, 1 $99 bid below reserve.

the .jetzt auction is pure ASCII and looks even worse than the cyrillic, 0 bids but still one week left.

2 days to go zero bids.