PDA

View Full Version : Should I attend -NamesCon conference?

Rubber Duck
2nd December 2014, 07:07 PM
The purpose of the Masterclass (which will repeat sessions multiple times throughout the conference to make it easier for everyone to attend) is to educate predominantly western domain name investors about the large and expanding domain name market in China, and how those investors can invest in Chinese Internationalized Domain Names (IDNs) without knowing a word of Chinese.

squirrel
2nd December 2014, 10:22 PM
You want to give the class or attend ?

Wot
3rd December 2014, 02:56 AM
The Chinese are buying numbers,Pinyin, top ASCII in .com & .cn

3rd December 2014, 03:09 PM
i think this sounds like it is from the .在线(idn for ONLINE in chinese) guys. they are promoting this over and over again but the truth is if IDNs in China should ever become popular it WILL NOT be .在线 domains. the fact they they need to promote this to western investors shows that there is not enough demand for their extension in China

bwhhisc
4th December 2014, 12:09 AM
i think this sounds like it is from the .在线(idn for ONLINE in chinese) guys. they are promoting this over and over again but the truth is if IDNs in China should ever become popular it WILL NOT be .在线 domains. the fact they they need to promote this to western investors shows that there is not enough demand for their extension in China

They know they can potentially get some nice cash flow from speculators, especially those that like the 'new' gTLDS maybe a few will give a fling for some keywords .在线

Most Chinese aren't even aware of IDN, so its still a mid to long term waiting game IMO.

blastfromthepast
4th December 2014, 01:18 AM
No.

clipper
4th December 2014, 08:15 AM
No.

Why?

Because you have no faith in RD's acumen, or because you want to keep acquiring before the real investors get involved?

mgrohan
5th December 2014, 03:59 AM
Maybe they should hold the masterclass in China instead. Educating China on the use of IDNs