PDA

View Full Version : Wanted - revenue domains

Jay
21st April 2015, 08:08 PM
I'm looking for parked domains that earn their renewal fee or more. Willing to offer 10-15x revenue. Please PM me your list.

htmlindex
23rd April 2015, 02:52 PM
10-15x the yearly revenue?

Jay
23rd April 2015, 05:53 PM
Yep

Wot
24th April 2015, 01:35 AM
Only IDN?

jose
24th April 2015, 02:19 AM
10x year revenue, right?

Rubber Duck
24th April 2015, 05:33 AM
Seems reasonable.

US Treasury is asking 50x on assets that are about to collapse and that Numpty Gross was Hoovering them up!

WEll when I say reasonable I mean low. Looking for 200x myself.

domainguru
24th April 2015, 06:56 AM
Seems reasonable.

US Treasury is asking 50x on assets that are about to collapse and that Numpty Gross was Hoovering them up!

WEll when I say reasonable I mean low. Looking for 200x myself.

Except that parking income has only gone one way in the last 10 years thanks to our friends at Google. Parking income on my ASCII domains was cut by at least 80% a couple of weeks ago, and hasn't recovered. Got some bizarre explanation about most of my traffic coming from Opera Mini and latest version of Opera Mini being wrongly identified by google as "dumb-phone traffic" and Google refusing to pay out now on dumb phone traffic.

Explanation doesn't hold water as my ASCII domains are "normal" - no way in the world 80% of my entire ASCII traffic was coming from Opera Mini. But what can you do when Google has a monopoly on parking.

Thankfully this hasn't affected my IDNs, but who knows what will happen in the future. With Google + domain parking one thing is sure - the only way is down.

Its a brave person that buys domains based on parking revenue, and is willing to offer multiple years. Good on you Jay :)

Jay
24th April 2015, 10:56 PM
Only IDN?

I'm interested in ASCIIs as well.

25th April 2015, 11:23 AM

Willing to offer 10-15x revenue.

I'm interested in ASCIIs as well.

wow... that is about the average return that you will get when you invest in Blue-chip stocks.

if you select a few risky stocks you will get a potential return higher than that and it would probably be still less riskier than investing in G based parking.

TrafficDomainer
25th April 2015, 04:22 PM
So the consensus on this thread is that the scope for IDN's future has collapsed and the end is here? If so, why don't I see high quality domains being offered here? There must still be some hope. I still think that when aliasing happens, the market could turn around. We shall see if and when that will happen as there have been road blocks after road blocks with no timeline in sight.

25th April 2015, 05:03 PM
So the consensus on this thread is that the scope for IDN's future has collapsed and the end is here? If so, why don't I see high quality domains being offered here? There must still be some hope. I still think that when aliasing happens, the market could turn around. We shall see if and when that will happen as there have been road blocks after road blocks with no timeline in sight.

No i think the consensus is that paying high multiples for revenue is a risky strategy - regardless of the encoding of the domain name - under the current Googlopoly.

Jay
25th April 2015, 09:32 PM
Its a brave person that buys domains based on parking revenue, and is willing to offer multiple years. Good on you Jay :)

Where's the fun in playing it safe? :)

Jay
26th April 2015, 09:09 AM
I've bought one, looking for more. PM me.