PDA

View Full Version : [Tokyo].com - Japanese

htmlindex
8th October 2015, 12:38 AM
Confirmed by a Japanese native as correct: “Tokyo, written in Katakana".

The .net version トーキョー.net sold for $103 before on this forum!

http://img.4travel.jp/img/tcs/t/tips/lrg/10/05/70/lrg_10057021.jpg

Starts: $20
Minimum Increments: $5
BIN: $99
Auction ends 72hrs after last bid or BIN

トーキョー
xn--ncktcweqdc.com
Tokyo

Buyer pays any Paypal fees. Please check translations yourself. If name expires, add renewal fee. Payment expected within 48 hours of winning name(s).

htmlindex
10th October 2015, 08:27 AM
Reduced to a start of $10 & a BIN of $40

htmlindex
12th October 2015, 03:45 AM
Wow IDNs are completely & truly dead. Guess it's time to completely give up on any hope.

Anyway thread closed.

Drewbert
12th October 2015, 12:51 PM
Not dead, just in a coma, with lots of people gathered around the bed hoping for a miracle.

jose
12th October 2015, 03:52 PM
Unfortunately, you are right.

blackpower
14th October 2015, 11:20 PM
They are not dead... it's just you've made a lot of assumptions that has proven false; anyway, portuguese (brazil) idns are doing well . They will be doing even better in future. Of course because .com is a popular extention in Brazil and a short of country tld com.br. Unlike in other parts of the world...

Wot
16th October 2015, 12:56 AM
Not dead, just in a coma, with lots of people gathered around the bed hoping for a miracle.

Hopefully not with DNR on the notes at the bottom of the bed!

sunsei21
16th October 2015, 02:45 PM
on life support waiting for the plug to be pulled .money could have been placed elsewhere after all these years and received a better return.

techguy
18th October 2015, 07:10 AM
R.I.P IDNs

idn
19th October 2015, 06:17 PM
anyway, portuguese (brazil) idns are doing well .

Define doing well. Parking revenue? Lots of inquiries?

21st October 2015, 12:13 PM
Wow IDNs are completely & truly dead. Guess it's time to completely give up on any hope.

Anyway thread closed.

aren't you getting tired of creating all these auctions that never result in a sale?

thegenius1
21st October 2015, 10:49 PM
Long live IDS

htmlindex
23rd October 2015, 02:25 AM
aren't you getting tired of creating all these auctions that never result in a sale?

We might as well close down the IDNForums site & you should drop all your IDN holdings too ;) Or have you already dropped all of yours?

23rd October 2015, 12:26 PM
We might as well close down the IDNForums site & you should drop all your IDN holdings too ;) Or have you already dropped all of yours?

no i didn't. not saying that we should drop or close the site. i just didn't understand why you made so much effort in creating an auction often several times a week when you were usually the only one posting in the thread. I think i would have given up trying long time ago. it's just too frustrating for me to post something at reg-fee or slightly above without anyone caring.

idn
23rd October 2015, 04:07 PM
no i didn't. not saying that we should drop or close the site. i just didn't understand why you made so much effort in creating an auction often several times a week when you were usually the only one posting in the thread. I think i would have given up trying long time ago. it's just too frustrating for me to post something at reg-fee or slightly above without anyone caring.

I agree. To each their own though!

jose
24th October 2015, 01:54 AM
We might as well close down the IDNForums site

WOW You just reminded me of something...

24th October 2015, 12:26 PM
http://domainnamewire.com/2015/10/22/verisign-considers-early-access-for-idn-coms/

Popular model for landrush phase of new TLDs might find its way to Verisign.

Verisign is considering some sort of “Early Access” period when it launches IDN .com transliterations, company executives explained today on the company’s 3rd quarter conference call.

In response to an analyst’s question, CEO James Bidzos said the rollouts will begin with the mandated sunrise period. After that, the company might have “Early Access” opportunities for those that want to “get in the door early”, he explained.

New top level domain name company Donuts popularized an Early Access model similar to a Dutch auction. Domains are available at a high premium the first day, dropping over time until domain names are offered at standard prices. Other new top level domain name companies have since imitated Donuts’ approach.

Verisign will launch 11 transliterations of .com and .net, such as .点看.

The company originally planned to keep transliterations locked for the owners of the same second level domain name in .com, but might adjust the program due to ICANN’s contract requirements.

what do you think? Will early access be limited to IDN holders or will it be open to everyone? To me it sounds like greed has taken over and they will just try to maximize short-term profits by letting everyone in as long as they pay up. The decision has not been made yet but the fact that they are considering it is not very reassuring.

techguy
24th October 2015, 02:59 PM
It seems that they are going to ruin the dreams of IDN investors.

mxfusion
25th October 2015, 05:31 AM
http://domainnamewire.com/2015/10/22/verisign-considers-early-access-for-idn-coms/

what do you think? Will early access be limited to IDN holders or will it be open to everyone? To me it sounds like greed has taken over and they will just try to maximize short-term profits by letting everyone in as long as they pay up. The decision has not been made yet but the fact that they are considering it is not very reassuring.

.点看 is very interesting. :lol: